Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunch Pale Guys/ Lunch Ate Guys
(12-27-2021, 05:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea…like I said I’d pay it. I have been happy with his play and I’d do a deal that keeps continuity while limiting exposure.

Same here. Continuity is underrated.

(12-27-2021, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apple has shown that he can both function and possibly flourish in Anarumo's defense.  If you have a player that fits, it's seems most logical to keep him around.  FWIW, $6M/per for an experienced CB that fits the system seems like quite the bargain to have around while a younger draftee develops.

Yep, Apple fits and has just gotten better in Lou's D as the year has went on. I say give him a #2 CB contract and draft a
Corner like Sauce Gardner early and stay as deep as possible here.

(12-27-2021, 07:37 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Dude is a great blocker.

Yes Stanley Morgan is. He has quietly become an essential player for us.

(12-27-2021, 07:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not for the first 9 games of the season. He was beyond terrible. It really seems like a lot of people are ignoring the first 53% of the season because of recency bias of a smaller sample size.

For all I know maybe he has magically turned a corner and something clicked. I am just saying go back and rewatch the first 9 games of the season before you offer any contracts because it seems like a good number of people are forgetting what the majority of the season looked like for Apple.

This topic just feels like 2017 when the Marvin Bengals went 5-9, but then won the final two against the Lions and Ravens to finish 7-9, and that was deemed enough late positive progress to bring him back in 2018 despite the team needing blown up for a rebuild.

God don't care who you were son, only who you are...

It is a game of what have you done for me lately. Lately Apple has been damn good.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 07:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not for the first 9 games of the season. He was beyond terrible. It really seems like a lot of people are ignoring the first 53% of the season because of recency bias of a smaller sample size.

For all I know maybe he has magically turned a corner and something clicked. I am just saying go back and rewatch the first 9 games of the season before you offer any contracts because it seems like a good number of people are forgetting what the majority of the season looked like for Apple.

This topic just feels like 2017 when the Marvin Bengals went 5-9, but then won the final two against the Lions and Ravens to finish 7-9, and that was deemed enough late positive progress to bring him back in 2018 despite the team needing blown up for a rebuild.

Fair enough, you have your doubts as to weather Apple can back up his recent stint of success with a full season of solid play.  I get it.

As to your second paragraph;  I wouldn't say that he's "magically turned any corners", as much as he's now fully buying into what the coaches are teaching.  Yeah, I realize that our coaches don't appear to be the engineers of world beaters at a glance, but now that they have players that they have chosen to fit what they want to present on the field, things do appear to be looking up.

As for the last paragraph, the Marvin reference seems a bit unrelated and out of tune with the spirit of what we're discussing.  This team has been rebuilt, and now they are showing what they are capable of.  This team, just like any team, has added a slew of new faces in the past two years, and it takes time for them to all gel together as a team.  Marvin was pretty much the polar opposite to what we have witnessed develop here lately.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fair enough, you have your doubts as to weather Apple can back up his recent stint of success with a full season of solid play.  I get it.

As to your second paragraph;  I wouldn't say that he's "magically turned any corners", as much as he's now fully buying into what the coaches are teaching.  Yeah, I realize that our coaches don't appear to be the engineers of world beaters at a glance, but now that they have players that they have chosen to fit what they want to present on the field, things do appear to be looking up.

As for the last paragraph, the Marvin reference seems a bit unrelated and out of tune with the spirit of what we're discussing.  This team has been rebuilt, and now they are showing what they are capable of.  This team, just like any team, has added a slew of new faces in the past two years, and it takes time for them to all gel together as a team.  Marvin was pretty much the polar opposite to what we have witnessed develop here lately.   

We'll see, I suppose. I am just not loving the idea of keeping together the secondary on the 29th ranked pass defense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't remember lunch ever making me pale, but I did get some bad eggs at a truckstop one time that made me turn various shades before the projectile vomiting began.  Sick

A few years ago, left over green bean casserole from Thanksgiving nearly killed me  Sick
Reply/Quote