Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring on the First SIX Possessions
Major props to Andy Dalton and Ken Zampese for a terrific job on offense against the Eagles. Scoring on the first six possessions without AJ Green, without Giovani Bernard, with two rookie wide receivers, without a run game, and without an effective offensive line is borderline miraculous. I've been on Ken Zampese's case all season but when he has a good game I say so. He didn't try that stupid spread formation until the second half -- and the Eagles blew it up because the entire NFL knows what's coming when the Bengals go into that formation.

Now, on to Cleveland. Even the hapless Browns know the Bengals hand it off to Jeremy Hill for a left side B-gap run every time on first down. Maybe it's time to try something else -- anything else -- on first down. If that happens I think Jeremy's yards per carry might increase because the entire defense won't be cued up to take him down if he runs more on third and short instead of first and long.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree on Dalton - major props.

Not on Zampese
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Major props to Andy Dalton and Ken Zampese for a terrific job on offense against the Eagles.  Scoring on the first six possessions without AJ Green, without Giovani Bernard, with two rookie wide receivers, without a run game, and without an effective offensive line is borderline miraculous.  I've been on Ken Zampese's case all season but when he has a good game I say so.  He didn't try that stupid spread formation until the second half -- and the Eagles blew it up because the entire NFL knows what's coming when the Bengals go into that formation.  

Now, on to Cleveland.  Even the hapless Browns know the Bengals hand it off to Jeremy Hill for a left side B-gap run every time on first down.  Maybe it's time to try something else -- anything else -- on first down.  If that happens I think Jeremy's yards per carry might increase because the entire defense won't be cued up to take him down if he runs more on third and short instead of first and long.

Regarding your quote on :andy:  our standard first play - amen amen amen.
Reply/Quote
We played great yesterday. I'm sure Eagles fans will say about how much they sucked (and they did), but we played great. It's fairly moot at this point in the season, but here's some props for the team for turning up yesterday.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals played the way we all expected them to play all year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 09:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Bengals played the way we all expected them to play all year.

Yep, and about three games too late for it to matter.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
our offensive line finally blocked and look what happened!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:35 AM)magikod Wrote: our offensive line finally blocked and look what happened!

I would say the offensive line pass blocked better than usual but the run blocking is still sadly missing.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 08:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would say the offensive line pass blocked better than usual but the run blocking is still sadly missing.

I'm really hoping eifling is our 1st this year run blocking is elite ala Martin. Pass blocking very solid as well our run middle would be top 5 or 6 imo if that happened 
Reply/Quote