Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M. Alexander
(01-20-2021, 05:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to retain Alexander and Bell. Also Lawson and hopefully Bynes. The problem is we still have Lou which means we are stuck with his terrible scheme which has messed up our linebackers since he arrived.

but the DBs are playing well...
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but the DBs are playing well...

No one said Lou has been a bad DB's coach since he's been here...

It is the front that has been terrible. If we kept Lou as the Secondary coach I would be just fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 05:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to retain Alexander and Bell. Also Lawson and hopefully Bynes. The problem is we still have Lou which means we are stuck with his terrible scheme which has messed up our linebackers since he arrived.

To be fair, the linebackers were already messed up before he arrived.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
According to Dehner, the Bengals aren't too interested in bringing Alexander back. Sounds like we'll be looking elsewhere for a slot corner.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, the Bengals aren't too interested in bringing Alexander back. Sounds like we'll be looking elsewhere for a slot corner.

Hard to understand why they wouldn't be interested in re-signing Alexander.  Strong tacklers are good to have around, particularly in that lower mid-tier price range.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, the Bengals aren't too interested in bringing Alexander back. Sounds like we'll be looking elsewhere for a slot corner.

Not too sure I buy this from Dehner. Alexander was one of the bright spots on defense last year.
Reply/Quote

I hope Dehner doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 10:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I hope Dehner doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

Same, you keep the good players get rid of the bad. Hope Dehner don't know shit on this one.

You keep Alexander, you aren't going to replace him with a draft pick.
Reply/Quote

so Dennard?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 03:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so Dennard?

He is the only one I could think of but I still like Alexander's fire more than Dennard's.
Reply/Quote

Makes absolutely zero sense.  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 12:44 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Makes absolutely zero sense.  

Of course it does. This IS the Bengals FO & coaching staff we're talking about... Ninja
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
William Jackson should be the first priority. #1 corners don’t grow on trees, or are found at Walmart. Top 5 cb in the league. Sign him or he ends up in Pittsburgh, shutting down our top receiver for years.
Reply/Quote
When was the last time Dehner was right?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 03:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: When was the last time Dehner was right?

Good question. Definitely hope he is wrong, Slot Corners like Alexander don't grow on trees.

Don't take them for granted especially the way the NFL has changed to such a passing league.

Slot Corner is a starter now a days.
Reply/Quote
He was a solid tackler the second half of the year, but other than the Giants and Steelers he wasn't very good in coverage at all. 

This is one of those cases where a few splash plays are skewing people's opinions, especially the Steelers game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was a solid tackler the second half of the year, but other than the Giants and Steelers he wasn't very good in coverage at all. 

This is one of those cases where a few splash plays are skewing people's opinions, especially the Steelers game. 

Still better then what we'd be replacing him with... Sims... or Brown or Jalen Davis. Just not enough picks to for us to be going out and creating new holes on this roster.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Still better then what we'd be replacing him with... Sims... or Brown or Jalen Davis. Just not enough picks to for us to be going out and creating new holes on this roster.

I def don't see any of those guys replacing him, ESPECIALLY Sims. 

A guy like Desmond King would be a solid replacement and wouldn't break the bank. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 12:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I def don't see any of those guys replacing him, ESPECIALLY Sims. 

A guy like Desmond King would be a solid replacement and wouldn't break the bank. 

Desmond King would be nice
Reply/Quote
He played pretty well and he knows the system, I see absolutely no reason to draft or sign his replacement, maybe if we had the guy on the roster, but we don't... so sign him..
Reply/Quote