Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCT Oil
Anyone take MCT Oil? Apparently its good for the brain, weight loss, etc.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone take MCT Oil? Apparently its good for the brain, weight loss, etc.

I love it. I actually use the bulletproof brand “brain octane oil”. I blend it along with butter (I know what you’re thinking.... but I swear it’s good) every morning in my coffee. Doing so, I have experienced more energy, my mind feels sharper, better moods and weight loss (I’m also following the ketogenic diet so that has a lot do with it too). I say give it a go. The stuff works.

Reply/Quote
It's pure saturated fat, so it's not intended to taken abundantly in an otherwise unhealthy diet because despite it's benefits at that point your just adding more and more saturated fat.

It's different than most fats because MCT stand for medium chain triglycerides, meaning it breaks down into fuel a lot quicker. I like to put some in my BCAAs/creatine/glutamine mix when I work out. I first started doing it when I was waking up and doing fasted cardio on the keto diet, but the added calories for quick energy just makes sense for any workout. It has a low smoke point so don't fry with it.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I love it. I actually use the bulletproof brand “brain octane oil”. I blend it along with butter (I know what you’re thinking.... but I swear it’s good) every morning in my coffee. Doing so, I have experienced more energy, my mind feels sharper, better moods and weight loss (I’m also following the ketogenic diet so that has a lot do with it too). I say give it a go. The stuff works.

When I do the keto diet I'll put 1 tablespoon of MCT, 1 tablespoon of butter, vanilla extract, and a scoop of Isopure mocha protein blended together with ice and coffee. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: When I do the keto diet I'll put 1 tablespoon of MCT, 1 tablespoon of butter, vanilla extract, and a scoop of Isopure mocha protein blended together with ice and coffee. 

I’m not a big fan of protein powder in my coffee but That doesn’t sound bad. I haven’t went the iced coffee route with it yet but plan to now that the weather is warming up.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: When I do the keto diet I'll put 1 tablespoon of MCT, 1 tablespoon of butter, vanilla extract, and a scoop of Isopure mocha protein blended together with ice and coffee. 

Wait a minute. I thought all Pittsburgh fans got their protein from each other? I really got to figure a way to stop stereotyping people.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I love it. I actually use the bulletproof brand “brain octane oil”. I blend it along with butter (I know what you’re thinking.... but I swear it’s good) every morning in my coffee. Doing so, I have experienced more energy, my mind feels sharper, better moods and weight loss (I’m also following the ketogenic diet so that has a lot do with it too). I say give it a go. The stuff works.

Doesn't it lose some healthy benefits if mixing with butter?
Reply/Quote
Oh I apparently am close... I take a spoonful or two of virgin coconut oil every day.
Reply/Quote
I consume at least a tablespoon of glycerin and hydroxyethyl cellulose each day while tossing a salad.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m not a big fan of protein powder in my coffee but That doesn’t sound bad. I haven’t went the iced coffee route with it yet but plan to now that the weather is warming up.

I put a lot off ice in it so it's ends up more of an icy than drinkable coffee. Drinking regular coffee thickened with protein doesn't sound too appealing. The brand I use is made with coffee grinds and mixes really well so I don't even notice it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Doesn't it lose some healthy benefits if mixing with butter?

On Keto your only energy source is fat so it's different that granny throwing 4 sticks of butter in her batch of diabetes cookies.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 05:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: On Keto your only energy source is fat so it's different that granny throwing 4 sticks of butter in her batch of diabetes cookies.

Right, so mixing the MCT and the butter gives you an ample amount of fat(energy) to start the day. Not to mention MCT oil also helps to increase ketone production. Maybe you won’t agree(I’m guessing you will), but when you are in a state of ketosis and fully keto adapted, the energy you have is off the charts. It feels like a never ending supply.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Right, so mixing the MCT and the butter gives you an ample amount of fat(energy) to start the day. Not to mention MCT oil also helps to increase ketone production. Maybe you won’t agree(I’m guessing you will), but when you are in a state of ketosis and fully keto adapted, the energy you have is off the charts.  It feels like a never ending supply.

I definitely feel better 2 weeks in once I'm fully into as compared the adjustment (I can't say I experience the keto flu), but I can't say I had endless energy. Both times I've done keto was at the end of a cut. It helps me shed the last bit of fat and any water weight, but I never had as much energy as I thought. Maybe if I did it on higher calories and wasn't going to the gym at 5am for fasted cardio follow by going back and lifting a few hours later I would have a different experience. But I can't complain because it has worked great for what I was trying to achieve.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Right, so mixing the MCT and the butter gives you an ample amount of fat(energy) to start the day. Not to mention MCT oil also helps to increase ketone production. Maybe you won’t agree(I’m guessing you will), but when you are in a state of ketosis and fully keto adapted, the energy you have is off the charts.  It feels like a never ending supply.

I hear the same thing about cocaine and PCP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote