Bengals Signed or Re-signed:

Orlando Brown Jr.
Cody Ford
Nick Scott
Germaine Pratt
Trayveon Williams
Michael Thomas
Trent Taylor

The free agent signing of Orlando Brown Jr. has upset Jonah Williams so the likelihood is that he will be dealt for something at some point which takes him out of the picture for RT. This leaves Cody Ford and Jackson Carman as the two most likely candidates for the RT position and should Carman win the job it leaves the team dangerously thin on O line depth which we all know how that has worked out.

Considering the moves made and the state of the roster at this moment the most pressing needs are O-line depth or RT starter and starting caliber TE. There is also a case to be made for CB depth and pass rush depth be it inside or outside.

The moves that Cincinnati has made has them in prime position acquire draft capital and use that in a very surgical methodology in selecting prospects. With this in mind this is how the simulation worked out.

RD. 1 - 28th Overall

Arizona offered a trade to move up. For the 28th selection Arizona sent selections 2-34, 3-66, and 4-105 to the Bengals.

RD. 2 - 34th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7Xk-QxvciADvmEHULV7W...Q&usqp=CAU]

Darnell Wright - OT - Tennessee - 6'5" 333

Wright gives Cincinnati the RT prospect they have been seeking since Willie Anderson. Wright is a dominant RT that wins with sheer power. The strength of Wright makes up for momentary lapses in technique. Wright brings good size and length to the position and is as well experienced at LT. Wright should be the long term answer to RT allowing Williams to be traded and Collins cut with an injury settlement to create cap space for extensions. I would not expect Wright to be here and I was actually figuring on Bergeron to compete at RT but as luck would have it this is how it shook out.

RD. 2 - 60th Overall

Houston offered a deal to move up to which sent 3-65, 4-104, 6-201, & 6-203 for the 60th selection.

RD. 3 - 65th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf3XBgMGZYZv3NsMshYLo...w&usqp=CAU]

Joe Tippmann - C - Wisconsin - 6'6" 313

Tippmann has been described by some as the most versatile lineman in the draft and some say he could play all fives positions. Ultimately Tippmann is an outstanding center who brings excellent physical aspects to the game but his biggest strength is his elite football IQ. He is tall by center standards but he uses his size and power to his advantage playing the position. As with most Wisconsin linemen Tippmann is a technician that is well schooled. He is not perfect and will need to continue to hone his game but is a low risk high reward selection and the eventual replacement for Karras.

RD. 3 - 66th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqQMq1FeXHkJqEGCBXz4q...w&usqp=CAU]

Karl Brooks - DT - Bowling Green - 6'3" 303

Some may scream too high for this selection but I would completely disagree. Brooks looks to be the 3 technique that the Bengals have missed since Geno. People may scream about MAC competition but Brooks answered those questions with a completely dominant showing in Senior Bowl practices against many day 1 and 2 selections and standing out in a group that included Andre Carter and Keion White. Brooks is explosive off of the line and wins with a large repertoire of pass rush moves. Very disruptive to an offensive backfield. Brooks has 48 starts for the Falcons and was a two time captain which Taylor and his staff value highly.

RD. 3 - 92nd Overall

Using the capital they have acquired the Bengals trade up for a targeted player. The Bengals send 3-92 and 6-206 to Dallas for 3-90.

RD.3 - 90th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq0726r4g2V0eQ6rDtaAb...w&usqp=CAU]

Tyjae Spears - RB - Tulane - 5'10" 201

I honestly feel that the Bengals would prefer to part company with Joe Mixon mostly for cap relief reasons but I think to a degree because off the field controversy seems to be getting closer and closer to home with him. This is a culture that Tobin and Taylor have worked hard to cultivate in Cincinnati and I do not believe they want even a hint of the old days anywhere close. I am not saying that Mixon is guilty of anything but it is just a bad look for the franchise. Spears is the playmaker that this offense is sorely missing. Many may panic with Perine leaving for Denver and a back the stature of Spears in pass protection but this is an area that he actually stood out in during Senior Bowl practices and drills. Spears run inside or outside and routinely runs through contact and arm tackles. When he hits the open field there is another gear. Spears is a threat to go all the way whenever he touches the ball. Oh yeah and he can catch the ball.

RD. 3 - 95th Overall

Using acquired picks the Bengals again use this capital to move up for a targeted selection sending 4-105 and 5-163 to KC for 3-95.

RD. 3 - 95th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWfAiJYTNxT7_rCpwTlE...A&usqp=CAU]

Tucker Kraft - TE - S. Dakota State - 6'5" 254

Kraft brings to mind another Jackrabbit TE and that is Dallas Goedert. Kraft has good size and athleticism and is a plus blocker. Tucker is always looking to create yards after the catch and has shown the ability to make the tough catch in traffic. Tucker just needs to continue to refine his game but the skills he has displayed translate to the NFL field. I honestly would look for Tucker to push for a large role even if the Bengals bring in another veteran TE.

RD. 4 - 104th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbMk_xIeMpVUazEqcV1g8...Q&usqp=CAU]

Eli Ricks - CB - Alabama - 6'2" 188

Ricks brings really good size and length to the position. The big knock on Ricks is lack of starting experience at Bama. What Ricks has put on tape shows the flashes of the 5 star prospect that he was when he originally went to LSU before transferring to Bama. Ricks should really benefit from working with Anarumo and being in a room with Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, and Hilton. A really good depth piece for the Bengals to add to the CB room that will not have to be pressed into starting immediately.

RD. 4 - 113th Overall

Again the Bengals package selections to move up for a targeted player sending 4-131, 6-201, & 6-203 to Atlanta for 4-113.

RD. 4 - 113th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl-XHY88frWv1r1y9ILet...A&usqp=CAU]

Isaiah McGuire - DE - 6'4" 268

McGuire reminds me a lot of Sam Hubbard when I watch his tape. Relentless when he is on the attack and plays to the whistle displaying good power and an excellent first step off of the snap. What McGuire needs to improve is in the area of consistency and having the same motor every snap. He brings a strong skill set for Hobby to work with and being around true pros like Hendrickson and Hubbard can have nothing but positive affects on this young man. Should fit immediately in the rotation and push for selective snaps.

RD. 7 - 246th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSExWbjh_rLMZ-65jjI5Oj...w&usqp=CAU]

Rejzohn Wright - CB - Oregon State - 6'2" 193

Wright is a victim of a very deep class of corners. He brings very good size, speed, and length to the position and has displayed outstanding ball skills. Experienced in man and zone coverage his issues are technique that needs to be polished and improvement on his hand usage in coverage. You can never have to many good corners and he will be an asset if he can clean some things up.
Reply/Quote
What site are you using?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What site are you using?

MockDraftDatabase

They seem to stay more in tune with risers and fallers in draft stock. I like PFF as well but PFF seems to only take into account how they feel about a prospect.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 09:27 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So free agency has been eventful up to this point so let's recap:

Bengals Lost:

Jessie Bates
Vonn Bell
Samaje Perine
Hayden Hurst

Bengals Signed or Re-signed:

Orlando Brown Jr.
Cody Ford
Nick Scott
Germaine Pratt
Trayveon Williams
Michael Thomas
Trent Taylor

The free agent signing of Orlando Brown Jr. has upset Jonah Williams so the likelihood is that he will be dealt for something at some point which takes him out of the picture for RT. This leaves Cody Ford and Jackson Carman as the two most likely candidates for the RT position and should Carman win the job it leaves the team dangerously thin on O line depth which we all know how that has worked out.

Considering the moves made and the state of the roster at this moment the most pressing needs are O-line depth or RT starter and starting caliber TE. There is also a case to be made for CB depth and pass rush depth be it inside or outside.

The moves that Cincinnati has made has them in prime position acquire draft capital and use that in a very surgical methodology in selecting prospects. With this in mind this is how the simulation worked out.

RD. 1 - 28th Overall

Arizona offered a trade to move up. For the 28th selection Arizona sent selections 2-34, 3-66, and 4-105 to the Bengals.

RD. 2 - 34th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7Xk-QxvciADvmEHULV7W...Q&usqp=CAU]

Darnell Wright - OT - Tennessee - 6'5" 333

Wright gives Cincinnati the RT prospect they have been seeking since Willie Anderson. Wright is a dominant RT that wins with sheer power. The strength of Wright makes up for momentary lapses in technique. Wright brings good size and length to the position and is as well experienced at LT. Wright should be the long term answer to RT allowing Williams to be traded and Collins cut with an injury settlement to create cap space for extensions. I would not expect Wright to be here and I was actually figuring on Bergeron to compete at RT but as luck would have it this is how it shook out.

RD. 2 - 60th Overall

Houston offered a deal to move up to which sent 3-65, 4-104, 6-201, & 6-203 for the 60th selection.

RD. 3 - 65th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf3XBgMGZYZv3NsMshYLo...w&usqp=CAU]

Joe Tippmann - C - Wisconsin - 6'6" 313

Tippmann has been described by some as the most versatile lineman in the draft and some say he could play all fives positions. Ultimately Tippmann is an outstanding center who brings excellent physical aspects to the game but his biggest strength is his elite football IQ. He is tall by center standards but he uses his size and power to his advantage playing the position. As with most Wisconsin linemen Tippmann is a technician that is well schooled. He is not perfect and will need to continue to hone his game but is a low risk high reward selection and the eventual replacement for Karras.

RD. 3 - 66th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqQMq1FeXHkJqEGCBXz4q...w&usqp=CAU]

Karl Brooks - DT - Bowling Green - 6'3" 303

Some may scream too high for this selection but I would completely disagree. Brooks looks to be the 3 technique that the Bengals have missed since Geno. People may scream about MAC competition but Brooks answered those questions with a completely dominant showing in Senior Bowl practices against many day 1 and 2 selections and standing out in a group that included Andre Carter and Keion White. Brooks is explosive off of the line and wins with a large repertoire of pass rush moves. Very disruptive to an offensive backfield. Brooks has 48 starts for the Falcons and was a two time captain which Taylor and his staff value highly.

RD. 3 - 92nd Overall

Using the capital they have acquired the Bengals trade up for a targeted player. The Bengals send 3-92 and 6-206 to Dallas for 3-90.

RD.3 - 90th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq0726r4g2V0eQ6rDtaAb...w&usqp=CAU]

Tyjae Spears - RB - Tulane - 5'10" 201

I honestly feel that the Bengals would prefer to part company with Joe Mixon mostly for cap relief reasons but I think to a degree because off the field controversy seems to be getting closer and closer to home with him. This is a culture that Tobin and Taylor have worked hard to cultivate in Cincinnati and I do not believe they want even a hint of the old days anywhere close. I am not saying that Mixon is guilty of anything but it is just a bad look for the franchise. Spears is the playmaker that this offense is sorely missing. Many may panic with Perine leaving for Denver and a back the stature of Spears in pass protection but this is an area that he actually stood out in during Senior Bowl practices and drills. Spears run inside or outside and routinely runs through contact and arm tackles. When he hits the open field there is another gear. Spears is a threat to go all the way whenever he touches the ball. Oh yeah and he can catch the ball.

RD. 3 - 95th Overall

Using acquired picks the Bengals again use this capital to move up for a targeted selection sending 4-105 and 5-163 to KC for 3-95.

RD. 3 - 95th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIWfAiJYTNxT7_rCpwTlE...A&usqp=CAU]

Tucker Kraft - TE - S. Dakota State - 6'5" 254

Kraft brings to mind another Jackrabbit TE and that is Dallas Goedert. Kraft has good size and athleticism and is a plus blocker. Tucker is always looking to create yards after the catch and has shown the ability to make the tough catch in traffic. Tucker just needs to continue to refine his game but the skills he has displayed translate to the NFL field. I honestly would look for Tucker to push for a large role even if the Bengals bring in another veteran TE.

RD. 4 - 104th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbMk_xIeMpVUazEqcV1g8...Q&usqp=CAU]

Eli Ricks - CB - Alabama - 6'2" 188

Ricks brings really good size and length to the position. The big knock on Ricks is lack of starting experience at Bama. What Ricks has put on tape shows the flashes of the 5 star prospect that he was when he originally went to LSU before transferring to Bama. Ricks should really benefit from working with Anarumo and being in a room with Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, and Hilton. A really good depth piece for the Bengals to add to the CB room that will not have to be pressed into starting immediately.

RD. 4 - 113th Overall

Again the Bengals package selections to move up for a targeted player sending 4-131, 6-201, & 6-203 to Atlanta for 4-113.

RD. 4 - 113th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl-XHY88frWv1r1y9ILet...A&usqp=CAU]

Isaiah McGuire - DE - 6'4" 268

McGuire reminds me a lot of Sam Hubbard when I watch his tape. Relentless when he is on the attack and plays to the whistle displaying good power and an excellent first step off of the snap. What McGuire needs to improve is in the area of consistency and having the same motor every snap. He brings a strong skill set for Hobby to work with and being around true pros like Hendrickson and Hubbard can have nothing but positive affects on this young man. Should fit immediately in the rotation and push for selective snaps.

RD. 7 - 246th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSExWbjh_rLMZ-65jjI5Oj...w&usqp=CAU]

Rejzohn Wright - CB - Oregon State - 6'2" 193

Wright is a victim of a very deep class of corners. He brings very good size, speed, and length to the position and has displayed outstanding ball skills. Experienced in man and zone coverage his issues are technique that needs to be polished and improvement on his hand usage in coverage. You can never have to many good corners and he will be an asset if he can clean some things up.

I would be thrilled with this draft. Nice Job!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I would be thrilled with this draft. Nice Job!

I would have preferred Mike Morris from Michigan at 113 but he was off the board. I like McGuire but Morris is a wrecking ball off of the edge I don't care how he tested at the combine his game film shows a hell of a player.
Reply/Quote