Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIchael Johnson carted off
Sounds like Dunlap's injury a few years back. MJ will be fine.
Reply/Quote
Guess it's time to see if Clarke, Hunt, or Gilberry improved.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 05:39 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Guess it's time to see if Clarke, Hunt, or Gilberry improved.
Hard to fill in for the hurt guy while hurt.
Reply/Quote
I have had the same injury before and right when it occurs you think you just tore your knee apart. As you calm down from the initial shock you realize it hurts but it's not nearly as bad as you originally though. Not sure how severe the sprain is, but I was back working out in a couple weeks. I think people around here like to key in on a couple cases where things were worse then they originally thought and act like that is how it goes every time. For every Marvin Jones there are five other guys who came back as expected. There were a lot more guys last year that got hurt and came back than those who didn't.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 01:32 AM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Is this true? Would wearing a knee brace prevent an injury? I see college players all the time playing in games wearing them.

Yes it is true that it can prevent injury, however... the players that wear them predominantly to prevent injury are OL.  They don't have to worry as much about agility and flexibility as other position groups.  I will tell you, when I tore my knee up and had to wear a brace after it on the football field, it limited my maneuverability. Probably not an ideal situation for a DE.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 07:04 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Hard to fill in for the hurt guy while hurt.

It is not just Hunt.  Gilberry is also dealing with an injury.
Reply/Quote
Strain beats a tear hands down. This may be a positive, long-term.

If he was having problems with it and wasn't addressing them, this is a chance for the team to take a better look at it, focus on is and strengthen it before we get halfway through the season and it becomes a bigger issue. We may have just gotten really lucky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 01:32 AM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Is this true? Would wearing a knee brace prevent an injury? I see college players all the time playing in games wearing them.

(08-03-2015, 10:13 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Yes it is true that it can prevent injury, however... the players that wear them predominantly to prevent injury are OL.  They don't have to worry as much about agility and flexibility as other position groups.  I will tell you, when I tore my knee up and had to wear a brace after it on the football field, it limited my maneuverability. Probably not an ideal situation for a DE.

No it isn't necnecessarily true. 

In cases where they wore the braces, it only helped limit one type of ligament injury while it saw an increase in ankle injury and almost no change in the other ligaments. 
Reply/Quote
Defensive ends are the walking wounded right now..
Reply/Quote
It's way worse than they're letting on, as always. We're ****** again.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:35 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It's way worse than they're letting on, as always. We're ***** again.

And you know this how aside from hysterical speculation?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 05:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: And you know this how aside from hysterical speculation?

He's a troll. Ignore it
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:26 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Defensive ends are the walking wounded right now..

Good thing we didnt draft Bud Dupree out of UK then.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:12 AM)Benton Wrote: Strain beats a tear hands down. This may be a positive, long-term.

If he was having problems with it and wasn't addressing them, this is a chance for the team to take a better look at it, focus on is and strengthen it before we get halfway through the season and it becomes a bigger issue. We may have just gotten really lucky.

This is how I like to think. MJ wants/will contribute big this season. TY, Benton.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:12 AM)Benton Wrote: Strain beats a tear hands down. This may be a positive, long-term.

And a bone bruise beats a tibial plateau fracture. The Bengals flat out lie about injuries. This makes already unrealistic fan expectations even more unrealistic. When a player with a fracture doesn't return when they think a bruise should heal they start pointing the finger of blame.  

If I've learned anything it is not to believe anything they report. Especially a prognosis.
Reply/Quote
"CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweets that Cincinnati Bengals defensive end Michael Johnson suffered a grade 2 MCL sprain and will be out for at least four weeks."

add three weeks to this and he'll be back after week 4 is my prediction.
Reply/Quote