Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ injury opens door for Hardison
(08-10-2015, 01:36 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, that's my point. Geno is the only one proven who can provide consistent pressure. If he goes down we're left with Peko (who I think can provide some help, but needs to be in their sparingly now), Thompson (who is good, but not really proven he can play a majority of downs at a high level) and Still (who — through nothing anyone faults him for — hasn't done anything yet).

So, to me, if Geno goes down we're expecting Thompson to provide that kind of production and I don't see it happening. To get any kind of consistent pressure when he's in, I think he'll have to rotate with someone... which is why I hope Hardison is free to use as a DT. Because as much as I like Peko and Still, I don't expect either of them to make much of an impact for us this year.

With the DEs, I feel better about it heading into this season than last. MJ, Dunlap and Gilberry makes me happy. I'm hopeful Clarke develops. Hunt is taking up a spot, but somebody somewhere is trying really hard to make that one work, so we're stuck with a wasted roster spot for another season. But even with them, I dunno if Gilberry and Clarke are enough to step up for a majority of the season if there's an injury. And Hunt I guess could try out at TE. Or something.

If Geno goes down nobody could fill his shoes. As Geno goes so goes the defense.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 03:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I think Buffalo led the NFL (or was close) in sacks and their back 4 are not nearly as good as Cincinnati's.  There should be some great synergy between the secondary locking down the receivers and the Dline getting to the QB.

Our Secondary definately helps. Pretty amazing we were as good covering as we were last year with no pass rush.

If our pass rush improves which i predict it will our Secondary could definately be the best in the league.

Look for a breakout year for George of the Jungle.

(08-10-2015, 03:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Agreed that Peko and Hall should remain on the team for at least this season, but both should see a reduced role.

Hunt just isn't a very good football player, hopefully he magically transforms into one before he hits 30. I won't hold my breath, he isn't even guaranteed a roster spot this year.

We haven't seen anything from Clarke to get excited about, so I don't know why people throw him into a lineup assuming we should be excited about that. I'll give him another year or so before writing him off as a bust, but I don't think he's going to be a great player overnight. Most people seem to be realistic about it but some are way overestimating what Clarke will likely be bringing to the table in 2015.

Geno's last name is Atkins.

I just hope Sims shows up, it would really help the team immensely being as Peko is such a one trick pony
and is even falling off in what he is good at, that being stopping the run. He can still take up space, but so
can any big dude.

Hunt and especially Clarke have shown flashes. Hunt's age is definately a problem but i am willing to predict
Clarke will have a decent season this year with about 5 sacks and multiple ball deflections. This all depends on
a healthy Atkins of course. If he is himself or even better the whole Defense will be much better than last year.
Reply/Quote