Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ needs to go
Was the only non factor on the D-Line today. He just straight offers you very little. Were 8 deep on the line without him. Willis and Lawson put him to shame today. I hope it gets done tomorrow. Keep going with the youth movement.
Reply/Quote
Completely agree.
Reply/Quote
Ive said that for the last two years, he may have pictures with Marvin and a Donkey
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Careful. He’s a great guy in the community and you might offend some here. But seriously he does nothing positive at all. Nothing. Waste of space. Should have been cut 3 years ago. 3,2,1 here they come. Definitely has pictures of Kate , Marvin n Mike in a threesome.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:36 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Careful.  He’s a great guy in the community and you might offend some here.  But seriously he does nothing positive at all.  Nothing.  Waste of space.  Should have been cut 3 years ago.   3,2,1 here they come.  Definitely has pictures of Kate , Marvin n Mike in a threesome.

He is guy we should ask to play this year for 2.5 million versus 6.5 million. If he balks at back up pay, then cut him. But, no he is not a waste of space. He is just a great athlete heading away from his prime who can't dominate anymore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more, he's right next to useless as a DE and he's not worth his salary for 10 snaps a game as inside pass rusher.

It's nothing personal against him he just doesn't offer enough to be kept on the team, stick with the youth movement.
Reply/Quote
If they don't get Dunlap signed Michael Johnson won't be going anywhere...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He needs a diamond white glove and a pulse to be great again. Yeeeeheee.

Reply/Quote
Yes he does.

Along with Eifert after his next injury and Burfict after his next suspension.

And then signing Atkins gets easier.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:33 PM)corpjet Wrote: Ive said that for the last two years, he may have pictures with Marvin and a Donkey

Last year 1st in tackles, 4th in sacks on the line with 5 does not suck, does not mean he does not get cut but he was not horrible as you make it out last year
Reply/Quote
MJ looked good against Allen today actually. I may have to eat my words if he keeps containing mobile qbs and shutting down his lane like he did today. Was he 8 mil/year good? I don't know about that, but he's no scrub and he still has some spring in his step. 
Reply/Quote
MJ costs us less than $5 million this year. He ranks 34th among DEs.

He is overpaid, but not outrageously. Like peko, he is a fan favorite whipping boy who is better than he is given credit for.

If they cut him I am fine with that. It is good news about our young players. But if we keep him I won't get upset.
Reply/Quote
Ive been going back and forth on this. Usually i would stick up for him.

Man. Its looked like anybody could block him today
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:44 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: MJ looked good against Allen today actually. I may have to eat my words if he keeps containing mobile qbs and shutting down his lane like he did today. Was he 8 mil/year good? I don't know about that, but he's no scrub and he still has some spring in his step. 

This is fake news   MJ did not play well today at all or all pre-season  .  If he takes a pay cut n plays like he did last year I'm all for keeping him but he's gotta pick up his game. There is definitely a youth movement Lawson,  Hubbard, Billings and Willis are tearing it up and should be getting majority of the snaps  
Reply/Quote
Ehh..it really depends on how they decide to use MJ if he isn't cut. He can still play the game and preseason is just preseason. It's when the lights come on that it counts for long established players like MJ.. It's not as if he's never done anything . He's definitely not a starting DE anymore, but he has versatility most don't. 
I'm of two minds about him and he does add to the locker room chemistry which is important. He'll be missed if for no other reason than the man he's become. Heck, he might become a politician. You never really know about guys like him . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This is fake news   MJ did not play well today at all or all pre-season  .  If he takes a pay cut n plays like he did last year I'm all for keeping him but he's gotta pick up his game. There is definitely a youth movement Lawson,  Hubbard, Billings and Willis are tearing it up and should be getting majority of the snaps  

I was at the game. He shut down several rollouts and outside runs early in the game. I was harsh on him, and still am a bit skeptical, but he had a good day today against the first string line.
Reply/Quote
You don't cut defensive lineman who can play multiple spots period end of story. Now how many snaps should he get is another story.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see guys like Lawson, Willis and Hubbard usurp the number of snaps MJ gets. Other than that, I don't really care if they cut him or not.

What do you get from letting him go? Save some money? Great. What are they going to do with it? There aren't any FA's worth signing with the money they'd save. Who do they so desperately need to keep on the roster that they need to open a spot by cutting him?

I suppose the best argument for letting him walk is taking the saved money and throwing it at Geno or Carlos. I'm down with that 100 percent. Geno's going to get paid big time. The Aaron Donald deal is going to be huge and it will have bearing on what Geno wants to be sure, even though he's a bit older. Might want to put whatever they can back to get ready for that hit.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:26 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Was the only non factor on the D-Line today.   He just straight offers you very little.   Were 8 deep on the line without him.   Willis and Lawson put him to shame today.   I hope it gets done tomorrow.   Keep going with the youth movement.

Wish I could rep you more. It honestly would feel bad to let MJ play over these younger guys who are just better. Always have respect for MJ but it's time to move on. We have the depth, no reason to pay him. I don't even know ow what he's making 
Reply/Quote
I think they need to extend Geno. No matter what.

If that means cutting MJ, then they need to do that.

We have 1 week folks. Geno (and Dunlap, to a lesser extent) should be given new contracts before the regular season starts.

If not for them, then I'd say keep MJ on for the year, but if making room in the budget is what is holding up the extensions, then MJ is the one who needs to be cut to pay for them.
Reply/Quote