Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MJT: alleged Pentagon leaker is ‘white, male, Christian, and antiwar’
https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-defends-alleged-223436434.html
“Jake Teixeira is white, male, christian, and antiwar. That makes him an enemy to the Biden regime. And he told the truth about troops being on the ground in Ukraine and a lot more,” she tweeted.

“Ask yourself who is the real enemy? A young low level national guardsmen? Or the administration that is waging war in Ukraine, a non-NATO nation, against nuclear Russia without war powers?”

Jack Teixeira: What we know about Pentagon leaks suspect
https://news.yahoo.com/jack-teixeira-know-pentagon-leaks-230516878.html

Friends of 21-year-old Jack Douglas Teixeira, the man accused of leaking classified US intelligence files, say he is not a whistleblower.

So why would a relatively junior airman with no clear motivation allegedly share highly sensitive documents online? The files, which number in the dozens, included confidential information about the war in Ukraine and other national security issues.

FBI investigators will no doubt be working to establish a potential motive.

Mr Teixeira appeared in federal court for the first time on Friday, wearing a beige jumpsuit and handcuffs. Authorities have charged him with unauthorised removal and retention of classified documents and materials. If found guilty, Teixeira faces up to 15 years behind bars. He did not enter a plea.

Mr Teixeira's family has a history of military service, and friends say he has long wanted to join the military, raising further questions about why the suspect would potentially endanger US national security by leaking the files.

His stepfather retired after 34 years of military service, while his mother previously worked for non-profit organisations focused on veterans, according to LinkedIn and public records cited by US media outlets. His mother posted photos of the family every year for Veterans Day....

Neighbours described him as being "big into video games", but said he was a "good kid, not a troublemaker". One said "he had a good head on his shoulders [and] wanted to join the military"....

Mr Teixeira allegedly first leaked the files on the online chatroom platform Discord, which is popular among gamers.

Known as "OG", he was seen as the leader of an invitation-only chatroom called Thug Shaker Central which he created during the height of the coronavirus pandemic in 2020.

The Washington Post reported that the group - which had about two dozen members - swapped "memes, offensive jokes and idle chitchat".

They reportedly watched films together, discussed their favourite guns, and messaged extensively about the war in Ukraine. The Associated Press reports that the members also prayed together.
One member of the chatroom described Mr Teixeira as a young, charismatic gun enthusiast. Others said he was older than most in the group and appeared keen to impress them.

Before he shared the images of the intelligence in January, Mr Teixeira allegedly wrote up versions of the sensitive information and shared it to the chatroom.

But he reportedly began sharing photos of the files after becoming frustrated with the lack of response.

On one occasion, the Post said, he sent an irate message to the group complaining that they were more interested in YouTube videos.

"He got upset, and he said on multiple occasions, if you guys aren't going to interact with them [the files], I'm going to stop sending them," the unidentified group member told the newspaper.

At first, the leaks were kept inside the small chatroom, but in early March, members began posting them on other Discord servers, including ones dedicated to the game Minecraft and a Filipino YouTuber.

The Washington Post said they were shown videos from a member of the group of Mr Teixeira shouting racist and anti-semitic slurs before firing a rifle.

According to the Post, he told the group he worked in a facility where phones were banned.

He is said to have used various usernames online, such as TheExcaliburEffect, jackdjdtex and TexKilledYou.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The comments on these articles are pretty interesting too.
Reply/Quote
well we already knew that MTG's definition of "patriot" was more than slightly off

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 05:17 PM)pally Wrote: well we already knew that MTG's definition of "patriot" was more than slightly off

I'm not saying MTG should be hanged as a traitor, but MTG should be hanged as a traitor.  

It baffles me to see a party that's home to several cold-blooded political operators unable to nudge her out of power.  She's a liability and a complete ******* to boot.
Reply/Quote
Worst mistake the remaining moderate House Republicans made was not pulling a power play themselves when it came to the Speaker. They still have enough votes in their group to pull their caucus away from the abyss if they have the courage to act

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 11:43 AM)pally Wrote: Worst mistake the remaining moderate House Republicans made was not pulling a power play themselves when it came to the Speaker.  They still have enough votes in their group to pull their caucus away from the abyss if they have the courage to act

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I love when far left liberals like you try and disguise your fear. The reality is you fear the Speaker or otherwise you would not act like you care about House Republicans electing the right speaker.

As for the leaker, he should be punished regardless of whether he is a Republican or a Democrat. Anyone find it odd how quick they found him versus them not finding the leaker in the Supreme Court? 

Sadly, on both sides everything is political, it will be the death of this great country as we know it sooner than later. Meanwhile China and Russia sit back and laugh at the US division.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 03:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love when far left liberals like you try and disguise your fear. The reality is you fear the Speaker or otherwise you would not act like you care about House Republicans electing the right speaker.

As for the leaker, he should be punished regardless of whether he is a Republican or a Democrat. Anyone find it odd how quick they found him versus them not finding the leaker in the Supreme Court? 

Sadly, on both sides everything is political, it will be the death of this great country as we know it sooner than later. Meanwhile China and Russia sit back and laugh at the US division.

Who is "disguising fear"? The guy who tried to stage an anti-democratic coup is the GOP frontrunner, with a pack of MAGA fans running Congress to protect him. That means the country is broken. That's what China and Russia are watching. 

Are you comparing a leak of military intelligence to a leak from the Supreme Court????Say What
You realize there is a different "they" in each case, working under very different conditions and constraints? 

"Both sides" don't undermine elections and stage coups backing a vulgar, twice-impeached leader. One side does it, and then says "both sides" are to blame for dividing and weakening the country.
Reply/Quote
This guy is a real patriot.  The Ballad Of The Green Berets won't have anything on the song they write about the dude who shared intel on a gaming server in order to garner internet cred with teen boys.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 03:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love when far left liberals like you try and disguise your fear. The reality is you fear the Speaker or otherwise you would not act like you care about House Republicans electing the right speaker.

Kevin McCarthy is weak. Weaker even that Paul Ryan and that is saying a lot.  He sold his authority to his extreme right in order to become Speaker.  He just gets to pound the gavel, people like MTG are setting his agenda.  So yeah, he is to be feared because he will sell this country down the river in order to maintain his power base.  He is to be feared because he only cares about himself.  Thank goodness for a Democratic Senate to stop the idiotic extremist bills the House Republicans are pushing.

Sue me, I want a functional government, one that hasn't existed since Mitch McConnell decided he would throw away all traditional norms in the attempt to make Obama a 1 term President.  A House led by Kevin McCarthy is totally dysfunctional.  He can't even get his caucus to agree on anything let alone try to do anything in a compromised bipartisan manner.

We the People have the power if we choose to take back our ballot box but far too many people vote for the R or D regardless of their political positions.  2 ways to get more reasonable people is to institute "jungle" primaries where every voter gets to decide the final 2 candidates.  And ranked choice voting which forces candidates to cultivate votes from everyone not just their base

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This guy is a real patriot.  The Ballad Of The Green Berets won't have anything on the song they write about the dude who shared intel on a gaming server in order to garner internet cred with teen boys.

"Put prison stripes, on my son's chest . . . ."   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 04:55 PM)Dill Wrote: Who is "disguising fear"? The guy who tried to stage an anti-democratic coup is the GOP frontrunner, with a pack of MAGA fans running Congress to protect him. That means the country is broken. That's what China and Russia are watching. 

Are you comparing a leak of military intelligence to a leak from the Supreme Court????Say What
You realize there is a different "they" in each case, working under very different conditions and constraints? 

"Both sides" don't undermine elections and stage coups backing a vulgar, twice-impeached leader. One side does it, and then says "both sides" are to blame for dividing and weakening the country.

I hate to tell you but Russian collusion was fake news.  And I don't think who the Dems tried to blame showed they accepted the election results.  They wasted two years of everybody's life.  The twice impeached leader came from a partisan vote also.  Duh. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: Sue me, I want a functional government, one that hasn't existed since Mitch McConnell decided he would throw away all traditional norms in the attempt to make Obama a 1 term President.  A House led by Kevin McCarthy is totally dysfunctional.  He can't even get his caucus to agree on anything let alone try to do anything in a compromised bipartisan manner.

Your definition of "functional government" is probably the same as mine, and doesn't favor one party. 

However, I fear there are folks who define government as "dysfunctional" whenever it doesn't go their way, 

and when you've grown up hearing "government is the problem" that's quite a bit. Functioning gov.=big government.

So McCarthy and MTJ are "protecting" the people by rendering government unable to get much done,

other than hold "weaponization" hearings. 

(04-17-2023, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: We the People have the power if we choose to take back our ballot box but far too many people vote for the R or D regardless of their political positions.  2 ways to get more reasonable people is to institute "jungle" primaries where every voter gets to decide the final 2 candidates.  And ranked choice voting which forces candidates to cultivate votes from everyone not just their base

Here is the problem though--people are choosing anti-democratic candidates because that is what they want. If there are enough of them, ranked choice voting won't make enough difference. Their candidates will still appeal to their base and get enough votes to be dangerous.

The root of the problem is our RWM, which actively disinforms masses of voters. Until that problem is fixed or at least reduced, I don't see how changes voting protocol can help much. This will take a generation to fix, if enough have the will to address the problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:54 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I hate to tell you but Russian collusion was fake news.  And I don't think who the Dems tried to blame showed they accepted the election results.  They wasted two years of everybody's life.  The twice impeached leader came from a partisan vote also.  Duh. 

Can you give me an honest answer to this question:

Did you read the Mueller Report yourself or was it explained to you via Fox and Barr?

Did you hear Trump's shakedown of Zelensky or at least read the transcript?
Are you aware that Trump attempted a coup? 

Calling the impeachment votes "partisan" in such cases because the president's own party refused to impeach him
doesn't imply that the vote TO impeach was partisan. 

It just means that the GOP is now a regime party, whose leader is above the law.  

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 04:55 PM)Dill Wrote: Who is "disguising fear"? The guy who tried to stage an anti-democratic coup is the GOP frontrunner, with a pack of MAGA fans running Congress to protect him. That means the country is broken. That's what China and Russia are watching. 

You're trying to talk logically to someone that buys into conspiracy theories. There is no point to it, unfortunately.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 06:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're trying to talk logically to someone that buys into conspiracy theories. There is no point to it, unfortunately.

Conspiracy theories are fine.  I'll say the same thing when MAGA folks were saying Trump was being unfairly persecuted...this leaker and Trump are going to be indicted and put in prison so they can go undercover within the corrupt deep state.  Prove to me they aren't. It's 5D chess, people. What we don't need are MAGA fans interfering with the process.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 05:38 PM)pally Wrote: Kevin McCarthy is weak. Weaker even that Paul Ryan and that is saying a lot.  He sold his authority to his extreme right in order to become Speaker.  He just gets to pound the gavel, people like MTG are setting his agenda.  So yeah, he is to be feared because he will sell this country down the river in order to maintain his power base.  He is to be feared because he only cares about himself.  Thank goodness for a Democratic Senate to stop the idiotic extremist bills the House Republicans are pushing.

Sue me, I want a functional government, one that hasn't existed since Mitch McConnell decided he would throw away all traditional norms in the attempt to make Obama a 1 term President.  A House led by Kevin McCarthy is totally dysfunctional.  He can't even get his caucus to agree on anything let alone try to do anything in a compromised bipartisan manner.

We the People have the power if we choose to take back our ballot box but far too many people vote for the R or D regardless of their political positions.  2 ways to get more reasonable people is to institute "jungle" primaries where every voter gets to decide the final 2 candidates.  And ranked choice voting which forces candidates to cultivate votes from everyone not just their base

The typical liberal BS, if anyone don't agree with your policies, you are weak, you are a racist. Then just rinse and repeat.

My God, the country elected Biden who is not competent enough to do a press conference weekly and give coherent answers to questions. A man it appears his family is in bed with China and Ukraine financially, but libs ignore it as a conspiracy theory.

I have always rooted for an POTUS once elected. I judge them on their ability to lead and their ability to get results. Number one to me is always the economy which Biden screwed up day one by siding with the far left to stop the US energy independence. There is a reason 35% of independents think Biden has don e a good job, they can't pay their bills and watched their retirement decrease by 30% since he took office.

Trump is an asshole, but he gets things done. I have already decided, if Biden or a Democrat is elected, I will put 100% of my money in a safe spot. I am retired and can't afford to lose another 30% of my income with poor policy decisions that kill the economy.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Your lies will not change the fact, there was no staged coup. Pelosi was asked to add security for January 6 days prior by Trump. She denied the request. If you can't see a political witch hunt perpetrated by the left Jan. 6 committee, then no sense in having further discussions. If legit, why not ask Jordon or other Republicans to join the committee versus 2 Trump hating Republicans? How many Democrats were on the Jan. 6 committee versus number of Republicans? The committee had a biased agenda with one thing in mind, get Trump so he never runs again.

If Trump is so easy to beat, why wouldn't the Democrats hope he makes it as the GOP nominee. They try to damage the man, more so than any politician I have seen in my lifetime. Yet, to the dismay of Democrats, he is gaining support as the country sees all the partisan attacks.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 12:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your lies will not change the fact, there was no staged coup. Pelosi was asked to add security for January 6 days prior by Trump. She denied the request. If you can't see a political witch hunt perpetrated by the left Jan. 6 committee, then no sense in having further discussions. If legit, why not ask Jordon or other Republicans to join the committee versus 2 Trump hating Republicans? How many Democrats were on the Jan. 6 committee versus number of Republicans? The committee had a biased agenda with one thing in mind, get Trump so he never runs again.

If Trump is so easy to beat, why wouldn't the Democrats hope he makes it as the GOP nominee. They try to damage the man, more so than any politician I have seen in my lifetime. Yet, to the dismay of Democrats, he is gaining support as the country sees all the partisan attacks.

Not gonna argue.  I realize once you drink the Kool-Aid your mind is already poisoned.  I just wanted to highlight everything you said that was wrong.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 12:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your lies will not change the fact, there was no staged coup. Pelosi was asked to add security for January 6 days prior by Trump. She denied the request. If you can't see a political witch hunt perpetrated by the left Jan. 6 committee, then no sense in having further discussions. If legit, why not ask Jordon or other Republicans to join the committee versus 2 Trump hating Republicans? How many Democrats were on the Jan. 6 committee versus number of Republicans? The committee had a biased agenda with one thing in mind, get Trump so he never runs again.

Trump is the only person who claims he asked Pelosi to add more security. I hate to break the news to you….but he LIES…about everything. There is only 1 person who can call out the DC National Guard and that is the President of the United States not the Speaker of the House. Trump wouldn’t ask Pelosi the time of day let alone what HE should do about security. Even if he asked he would do the opposite just to spite her. Republicans were on the Jan 6 committee. Jordan was disallowed BECAUSE HE WAS A WITNESS!!!! The vast majority of witnesses were Republicans as well. We also know, based on the depositions in the Dominions vs Fox case, that Fox LIED over and over about the election. They knew it was fair and that Biden won. You cannot believe anything they tell you.

America has NEVER been energy independent. What they have been since the Obama years is a net exporter of oil and gas. Alternative fuel sources will eventually lead to energy independence not reliance on fossil fuels. World events Ie Russian invasion of Ukraine, affect the prices far more than any action of Biden’s. Biden by the way who has not shut down any drilling operation. Have you seen the record profits oil and gas companies have made the past 2 years. The reason the economy is in inflation, in many cases, is price gouging.

Step outside your conservative echo chamber.
Reply/Quote
At that point, if people are still eating Trump's lies, they are dishonest or delusional. Or both.

It requires strength of character to realize that you have been deceived and some people don't have it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote