Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Article
I know ML is not popular, but a lot of fans have applauded a different off season thus far with the one exception they kept ML. Here is article from Bengals website.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Upbeat-Lewis-salutes-changes/6748d0d3-6dd0-4ccc-bef5-43c3d06c5fd5

I have still have my reservations, but I went from numb and don't care to now I will wait and see. how about you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Let's see what they do with replacing Bodine.

If we draft a good center in first or second round then I will admit that they have tried to make moves to help the team that are different from the normal and failed Mike Brown playbook.

Marvin still should have been fired.
Reply/Quote
He has been retained and like the moves now being made. Still expect poor clock management and worst of all being conservative too early in games with not a big enough of a lead to do so.

But am behind him 100% for now again per thinking MB used him as a puppet while orchestrating the offseason moves and early draft picks himself prior to this season.

Just wish he would keep his foot on the gas until the game is out of reach.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Over the years I defended Marvin as much, if not more, than anyone around here. But even I thought he should have been fired after last season.

But since things like this are completely beyond my control I will go forward as positive as possible. I have absolutely nothing to gain by continuing to cry and whine about him being brought back as our head coach.

I am a Bengal fan and I want the Bengals to win more than I want to be right about some mistake they might have made.

In the big picture Marvin has won more than he has lost against other NFL coaches despite being handicapped by the worst owner in the league. I don't think he gets enough credit for that.
Reply/Quote
Quote:“You remembered,” Lewis told him. “That’s OK, I’ve got amnesia.”

Hilarious

Seriously tho, of all the good they did, keeping ML is still not one of them. Even with the change of heart in FA, I have no faith in ML. Very happy they've seemingly evolved this off-season to making winning moves, tho.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
With ML It'll be more of the same.
I like the moves so far, just wish we could've gotten a proven Center though.
Reply/Quote
Ehh..it's Lewis's chance for redemption. Heck, Mikey's too for that matter. Suppose they actually upset the apple cart and win the super bowl.. You'll all be chipping in to have the long awaited 70 foot tall golden statue of them errected on Fountain Square. Or perhaps the statue of a blind squirrel finding a nut.. I vote for the squirrel..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the years I defended Marvin as much, if not more, than anyone around here.  But even I thought he should have been fired after last season.

But since things like this are completely beyond my control I will go forward as positive as possible.  I have absolutely nothing to gain by continuing to cry and whine about him being brought back as our head coach.

I am a Bengal fan and I want the Bengals to win more than I want to be right about some mistake they might have made.

In the big picture Marvin has won more than he has lost against other NFL coaches despite being handicapped by the worst owner in the league.  I don't think he gets enough credit for that.

Rep
Reply/Quote
I saw upbeat and that made me happy enough to not even need to open the article to be pleased because at least Marvin would be showing emotion.

I ended up opening the article, and liked what I read.

The fact that he wants to have competitions and get the best players on the field, regardless of age (that's how it sounded to me), is a change from the norm and competition breeds excellence.

Of course that this is all preseason, but, like I said, he sounds more energetic and excited.

I think Mike Brown giving him more power and letting him make changes is also playing a role in Marvin's attitude.

I'm excited for a new year!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 10:31 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Let's see what they do with replacing Bodine.

If we draft a good center in first or second round then I will admit that they have tried to make moves to help the team that are different from the normal and failed Mike Brown playbook.

Marvin still should have been fired.

:andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has repeatedly shown his ceiling and I want him gone. I'll continue to call that spade a spade, regardless of whether or not some perceive that as "whining". That said, I do not want the Bengals to lose "just to prove I'm right" to some randoms on a message board. Especially when those guys would never admit they were wrong anyway. LOL

The Bengals losing puts me in a bad mood and makes this message board worse. I care way more about that than proving myself right. Heck, people usually don't pay much attention to who was right or wrong about certain claims on here anyway, unless they have an axe to grind. Here's to hoping that the 16th time's the charm with ol' Merv.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin Lewis has repeatedly shown his ceiling and I want him gone. I'll continue to call that spade a spade, regardless of whether or not some perceive that as "whining". That said, I do not want the Bengals to lose "just to prove I'm right" to some randoms on a message board. Especially when those guys would never admit they were wrong anyway. LOL

The Bengals losing puts me in a bad mood and makes this message board worse. I care way more about that than proving myself right. Heck, people usually don't pay much attention to who was right or wrong about certain claims on here anyway, unless they have an axe to grind. Here's to hoping that the 16th time's the charm with ol' Merv.

If not.....there's always that 17th chance..... Mellow

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: If not.....there's always that 17th chance..... Mellow

[Image: 1zehur.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 1zehur.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7867496]

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin Lewis has repeatedly shown his ceiling and I want him gone. I'll continue to call that spade a spade, regardless of whether or not some perceive that as "whining". That said, I do not want the Bengals to lose "just to prove I'm right" to some randoms on a message board. Especially when those guys would never admit they were wrong anyway. LOL

Who has an argument anyone who feels ML should have been fired is whining?

Let's just all hope all of us who wanted him gone are happy after 2018 season.  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I do not know how much Lewis had control of team personnel over the last several years.
But I did notice a change this year in FA hiring. The fact that Alexander was let go was, in my eyes, the greatest change in Marvin Lewis's tenure. Also, not bringing back Bodine is significant.

Lets see what Marvin can do with more control for a couple years. Maybe the control will afford him less stress during games and maybe improve weaknesses in time management and aggressiveness of play calling. Maybe the knuckle heads will be booted from the team. Maybe there will be more discipline of players and coaches. Who knows.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who has an argument anyone who feels ML should have been fired is whining?

Let's just all hope all of us who wanted him gone are happy after 2018 season.  ThumbsUp

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
The (sad, sometimes) truth is Marvin is the best we can get, and I'm beginning to understand that. We all wanted the best up and coming head coach, but it's more likely we would have been severely disappointed and maybe even wishing they would have just kept Marvin.

Changes to the coaching staff is about as good as we can ever hope for. And with Marvin here at least we can hope to get that right. These coaches are here because of Marvin. Who can MB legitimately attract?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Do not really recall anybody not wanting Marvin gone last year. If there were it was a minuscule minority.

So let us hope we are all proven wrong and it was FO holding him back all along.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 1zehur.jpg]

lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote