Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB Predicts Mixon Over AJ In Fantasy Rankings!
I couldn't believe it, either, but MMQB has Mixon ranked above AJ with Mixon coming in at 13 and AJ coming in at 14.

I guess they also think that Hill will be cut and they're as pumped about Mixon as I am, but even I'm shocked because 13 is INSANELY high for a guy that hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet, especially behind our offensive line. I was more optimistic after SHRacerX's post here, but it is still far from certain, IMCO.

I'm excited that they think that Mixon could be a top player in the league!
Reply/Quote
Im sure Mixon's gonna be great, and im sure we'll find a way to under utilize him, because the vets have to get their reps.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 04:23 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im sure Mixon's gonna be great, and im sure we'll find a way to under utilize him, because the vets have to get their reps.

Hill is the only vet Mixon has to worry about right now, and from what I heard the coaches are a little unimpressed with what he's been doing the last few years. Gio won't be back until mid season, and I doubt Peerman will take any snaps from him. I bet we will see a LOT of Mixson this year, even at the start. I think Hill will get some goal line touches, but those will even be reduced after the first few games. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hill taking too many snaps, unless he starts playing like he did at the end of 2014.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Mixon, his touches are a huge question mark with Hill and Gio on the team and Marv's loyalty to vets.

I wouldn't touch Mixon before the 6th round of fantasy drafts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As much as I like Mixon, his touches are a huge question mark with Hill and Gio on the team and Marv's loyalty to vets.

I wouldn't touch Mixon before the 6th round of fantasy drafts.

I am in a keeper league and he will go in 1st 3 picks of round 1 (which is really round 3 since we kept 2 guys). Why? He is a strong candidate to be a keeper in 2018.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If someone wants to go ahead and take Mixon over Green, go right ahead. I'll be waiting to take Green and laughing all the way to the bank.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
RB's generally get overvalued in fantasy...BUT Mixon also catches the ball well.

If say he rushes for 1100 yards and 7 TD's and catches 45 passes for 350 yards and 3 TD's...that's a pretty good fantasy season.

In 2015, Green had 86 catches for 1300 yards and 10 TD's.

Mixon would actually produce more points.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: RB's generally get overvalued in fantasy...BUT Mixon also catches the ball well.

If say he rushes for 1100 yards and 7 TD's and catches 45 passes for 350 yards and 3 TD's...that's a pretty good fantasy season.

In 2015, Green had 86 catches for 1300 yards and 10 TD's.

Mixon would actually produce more points.

He could. If I'm looking to draft Mixon, I'd already have my RB1 drafted. No way am I going into fantasy football season with Mixon as my RB1. Too much risk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 01:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  I am in a keeper league and he will go in 1st 3 picks of round 1 (which is really round 3 since we kept 2 guys). Why? He is a strong candidate to be a keeper in 2018.

Well obviously it's a little different in a keeper league (depending on your rules), but I still think it'd be foolish to burn a top 3 pick on a guy that might be sitting your bench all year. It's very possible Mixon is a back up or in a complete time share. That's not worthy of a top 3 pick even in a keeper league. I'd draft Ezekial Elliott and keep him. Or LeVeon Bell. Heck there's probably a couple dozen players I'd take over Mixon in 2017 even in a keeper league.

(05-26-2017, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: RB's generally get overvalued in fantasy...BUT Mixon also catches the ball well.

I think Mixon could produce those numbers if he wins the job and gets the bulk of carries. Will he win the job is a question though...and even if he starts, how much will Hill/Gio eat into his touches? I'm as big on Mixon as anyone, but for fantasy he's just too risky at the moment. Maybe that will change as we get past TC and preseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 04:02 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I couldn't believe it, either, but MMQB has Mixon ranked above AJ with Mixon coming in at 13 and AJ coming in at 14.

I guess they also think that Hill will be cut and they're as pumped about Mixon as I am, but even I'm shocked because 13 is INSANELY high for a guy that hasn't even taken an NFL snap yet, especially behind our offensive line.  I was more optimistic after SHRacerX's post here, but it is still far from certain, IMCO.

I'm excited that they think that Mixon could be a top player in the league!

AKA - AD is going to have a great year.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 01:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well obviously it's a little different in a keeper league (depending on your rules), but I still think it'd be foolish to burn a top 3 pick on a guy that might be sitting your bench all year. It's very possible Mixon is a back up or in a complete time share. That's not worthy of a top 3 pick even in a keeper league. I'd draft Ezekial Elliott and keep him. Or LeVeon Bell. Heck there's probably a couple dozen players I'd take over Mixon in 2017 even in a keeper league.

I think Mixon could produce those numbers if he wins the job and gets the bulk of carries. Will he win the job is a question though...and even if he starts, how much will Hill/Gio eat into his touches? I'm as big on Mixon as anyone, but for fantasy he's just too risky at the moment. Maybe that will change as we get past TC and preseason.

The elephant in the room is the fact that the offensive line couldn't really run block last year and lost it's 2 best players.

People see what Zeke did and think Mixon will duplicate that...but Dallas had the best offensive line in football last season.

There's a chance the Bengals have the worst this year. If not worst...our line is definately bottom 10.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 02:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The elephant in the room is the fact that the offensive line couldn't really run block last year and lost it's 2 best players.

People see what Zeke did and think Mixon will duplicate that...but Dallas had the best offensive line in football last season.

There's a chance the Bengals have the worst this year. If not worst...our line is definately bottom 10.

True. I'm guilty of ignoring the o-line myself. The idea of Ross and Mixon is so exciting, but they won't have an impact unless the line improves.
Reply/Quote
I don't play fantasy football, but aren't RBs and QBs like...the moneymakers?

Any receiver can have a bad game if they're shaded heavily as part of a gameplan or if another receiver is just going strong, or if the team gets out to a fast start and leans on the running game.

But the QB will always get the ball in his hands every snap. And the snaps where he doesn't throw it, the RB runs it.

It's a very binary thing. So I'm not surprised at all that RBs are ranked more highly.

Especially one that people are saying would have been the first or second RB drafted if not for his issues with punching women.

And even projected as a top 10 pick. In order to garner that level of grade, you basically have to be an elite RB. So it's not surprising that Mixon is ranked highly. Especially over a receiver.
Reply/Quote
I can only think of two reasons Mixon is getting so much hype.

Either
1: They want to build him up so if he is a bust they can really dig into the Bengals.
2: They want to build him up so if he succeeds he can be an example of redemption from domestic abuse within the NFL.

He looks like a great player, and rookie running backs have looked great lately, but man the hype is huge on Mixon!
Reply/Quote
In a time share with Hill who will steal goal line touches and Gio who will steal third down catches.

Behind what will likely be the worst OL in the league.

MMQB has been hitting the bottle a little hard lately, apparently.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I fully believe Hill will get his chances, and knowing Marvin and co. probably to many (if he's doing bad) before Mixon ever gets the nod. Mixon could run for 400 yards on 40 carries in preseason and Hill will still start and get the lions share of carries for several games in the regular season before they switch. IMHO

So top fantasy pick = no. Mid round flyer - no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 07:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True. I'm guilty of ignoring the o-line myself. The idea of Ross and Mixon is so exciting, but they won't have an impact unless the line improves.

Honestly, with Andre Smith really buying into the idea of leaning the Guard position, I'm not nearly as concerned with the interior run blocking as I was previously.  Andre was always a good, straight ahead run blocker, movement was always his downfall.  What I am extremely worried about is edge protection in the passing offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tape on Mixon is very impressive and his ceiling is really high as well.

But it is a little early is his career to be putting Joe ahead of AJ Green just yet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2017, 04:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hill is the only vet Mixon has to worry about right now, and from what I heard the coaches are a little unimpressed with what he's been doing the last few years. Gio won't be back until mid season, and I doubt Peerman will take any snaps from him. I bet we will see a LOT of Mixson this year, even at the start. I think Hill will get some goal line touches, but those will even be reduced after the first few games. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hill taking too many snaps, unless he starts playing like he did at the end of 2014.

This.

Mixon's success will not be for a lack of opportunity.  I think it is interesting your comments about Hill.  I can't decide if the Bengals would want to up his value for a better compensatory pick, or keep his value low so they sign him to a negligible contract. 

I doubt they really think of things that way, but you never know...they really like those compensatory picks, and really crushed it in the draft with them this year.  

I see Hill as basically a one-year player that will be playing for his next contract but his lack of impact in the passing game (though, to be fair, he has caught every ball thrown to him...he just doesn't get many targets, which makes his presence that much more predictable as to what they will be doing when he is in the game) and he also is poor in blitz pick up.  That should relegate him to a role player position in this offense.  He will get some snaps to keep Mixon fresh, but the bulk of the workload will fall on Mixon.  
Reply/Quote
Where does he say Hill will be cut? For the love of god Hill will not be cut give it up. He is insurance for a rookie who could easily struggle and our other back coming off an ACL injury. Most people not named AP struggle their first season back from ACL tears, as they tend to lack explosiveness. Jeremy Hill's contract is roughly 1.2 million this year, you can barely sign a vet at minimum for that.

You gain nothing by cutting him other than pleasing an angry mob. There is not a team in the NFL who's #3 back is that good. You don't cut solid depth at a position prone to injury.
Reply/Quote