Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB ratings
(07-19-2015, 01:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, because when he does it, they win...

Seriously, though, Flacco handed the defense 2 14 point leads and a lead with less than 5 minutes left.

That was just payback for the heaping, steaming bowls of poo that Pflacco handed them 6 out of the first 7 playoff games he QB'd in. 

*yes, i typed Pflacco that way on purpose BECAUSE I LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS!
**silent "P" for what he does when he takes the field against the Bengals.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 05:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: steaming bowls of poo that Pflacco handed them 6 out of the first 7 playoff games he QB'd in. 
First two years. With half of them being his rookie year. Rolleyes
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 08:27 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: First two years. With half of them being his rookie year.  Rolleyes

I think what you meant to type was, in his first three years, he only had one good playoff game. '11 and '12 he played well in the post season after very average regular seasons. Missed the playoffs in '13 and played well in '14. 

So, since you guys want to keep saying "years",  he's played well in the playoffs in 3 out of the 7 years he's played. Played like poo in 2 1/2 of the 7 years he's played. He was 50/50 in another and missed the playoffs in another. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think what you meant to type was, in his first three years, he only had one good playoff game. '11 and '12 he played well in the post season after very average regular seasons. Missed the playoffs in '13 and played well in '14. 

So, since you guys want to keep saying "years",  he's played well in the playoffs in 3 out of the 7 years he's played. Played like poo in 2 1/2 of the 7 years he's played. He was 50/50 in another and missed the playoffs in another. 

5 games came in his first two seasons. Of those 5 games, he had an 89 QB rating, two under 60, and 2 under 20. Not very good.

Since then, he has played 10 playoff games. Two have been over 120, 3 over 110, 1 over 100, 3 over 90, and one 60.

So since his 3rd season, he has had a QB rating of 90 or more 9 of his 10 games, giving him an average of 104.24. You can try to spin it how you want, but he was been arguably the best playoff QB in the last 5 seasons.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 08:27 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: First two years. With half of them being his rookie year.  Rolleyes

(07-19-2015, 09:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 5 games came in his first two seasons. Of those 5 games, he had an 89 QB rating, two under 60, and 2 under 20. Not very good.

Since then, he has played 10 playoff games. Two have been over 120, 3 over 110, 1 over 100, 3 over 90, and one 60.

So since his 3rd season, he has had a QB rating of 90 or more 9 of his 10 games, giving him an average of 104.24. You can try to spin it how you want, but he was been arguably the best playoff QB in the last 5 seasons.

9 out of his last 10 being good. With almost half of them being in one season ('12). ((Blitz math))  Rolleyes

Talk to me about spinning after that post of yours?!  Shocked

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 9 out of his last 10 being good. With almost half of them being in one season ('12). ((Blitz math))  Rolleyes

How do you spin 0 out of 4 being good when it comes to the Ginger?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 9 out of his last 10 being good. With almost half of them being in one season ('12). ((Blitz math))  Rolleyes

and with those 10 occurring over a span of 4 post seasons over 5 seasons.

Consistency.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 06:31 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: How do you spin 0 out of 4 being good when it comes to the Ginger?

Hey. I thought we were talking about the QBs performance? Now we're talking about the overall team performance? 

Do me a favor. Go look at Pflacco's QB rating in his first 4 playoff games and show me how it's better than Dalton's. After that. Look at where Pflacco was after his 4th season, as far as how he was faring as a QB. After the completion of his 4th season, he had one good game. And he had 7 tries to get that 1. Mellow

(07-20-2015, 08:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and with those 10 occurring over a span of 4 post seasons over 5 seasons.

Consistency.

Stop it Spinderella. It's too early for this... I'm trying to eat my breakfast.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey. I thought we were talking about the QBs performance? Now we're talking about the overall team performance? 

Do me a favor. Go look at Pflacco's QB rating in his first 4 playoff games and show me how it's better than Dalton's. After that. Look at where Pflacco was after his 4th season, as far as how he was faring as a QB. After the completion of his 4th season, he had one good game. And he had 7 tries to get that 1. Mellow

Stop it Spinderella. It's too early for this... I'm trying to eat my breakfast.

I'm not sure I am the one who is spinning. You're attempting to suggest that Flacco's first two seasons are as indicative of his playoff prowess as his last 5...

It seems to me that you are the one who is spinning...

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure I am the one who is spinning. You're attempting to suggest that Flacco's first two seasons are as indicative of his playoff prowess as his last 5...

It seems to me that you are the one who is spinning...

Nah. I'm just pointing out that he was pretty putrid for the first 3 years. Average in the regular season and really bad in the post season. I've given him plenty of props for what he's done in the post season since '12. 

I just really laugh when people try to say he's a top 10 QB. If you want to judge him solely on what he's done in the post season since '12, sure. Where he's at overall, even including what he's done the last couple post seasons, nooooo.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. I'm just pointing out that he was pretty putrid for the first 3 years. Average in the regular season and really bad in the post season. I've given him plenty of props for what he's done in the post season since '12. 

I just really laugh when people try to say he's a top 10 QB. If you want to judge him solely on what he's done in the post season since '12, sure. Where he's at overall, even including what he's done the last couple post seasons, nooooo.

He wasn't putrid in 2010, sorry.

At least you're admitting you're just upset that people give him props for being the best in the playoffs since that season.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He wasn't putrid in 2010, sorry.

At least you're admitting you're just upset that people give him props for being the best in the playoffs since that season.

Ahhh. So he was only good 1 of 2. 

If it hurts your feelings too much, i'll stop. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ahhh. So he was only good 1 of 2. 

If it hurts your feelings too much, i'll stop. Ninja

Nah, I'm good. I got to watch some pretty incredible post season runs.

I just wish you could experience the same thing.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 09:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do me a favor.  Look at where Pflacco was after his 4th season, as far as how he was faring as a QB. After the completion of his 4th season, he had one good game. And he had 7 tries to get that 1.
Ok so let's compare apples to apples after their 4th season.

Dalton after year 4
155 yards     0TDs           63.4 rating

Flacco after year 4

176 yards     2 TDs 0INT   97.1 rating
306 yards     2TDs 1 INT   95.4 rating
AVG: 241 yards 4TDs 1INT 96.3 rating

After year four Ginger is still a bum.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:51 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Ok so let's compare apples to apples after their 4th season.

Dalton after year 4

Flacco after year 4

AVG: 241 yards     4TDs 1INT    96.3 rating

I remember going into last season, the excuse was "well Andy has only played 3 games, how did Flacco play after 3 post season games".

Which was easily countered with "Yea, but those 3 came in his rookie year".

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nah, I'm good. I got to watch some pretty incredible post season runs.

I just wish you could experience the same thing.

I feel as though there was some snickering in that sentiment...

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:51 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Ok so let's compare apples to apples after their 4th season.

Dalton after year 4

Flacco after year 4

AVG: 241 yards     4TDs 1INT    96.3 rating

And Flactoid still had a greater amount of personal failure.  

I'll sleep well on that tonight.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 11:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I remember going into last season, the excuse was "well Andy has only played 3 games, how did Flacco play after 3 post season games".

Which was easily countered with "Yea, but those 3 came in his rookie year".

It's good that you can prop the terribleness of Flacco up against the rest of the team. 

MAN, did he stink!

Reply/Quote