Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOCK III
Drafting Fournette would be almost like putting Corey Dillon back in our backfield. We saw what Dillon did for the Patriots. Put Fournette on an offense with Andy, AJ, Boyd, Eifert, and Gio-Rex? I also look for Cody Core to keep improving but found some help at WR.

You have to build the Oline though, which I tried to do without totally ignoring the Defense.

Round 1 Pick 9: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+) Nuff said

Round 2 Pick 9: Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A-) I thought he was too good at a position of need to pass up. Dude is a walking can of whoop-ass.

Round 3 Pick 9: Adam Bisnowaty, OT/OG, Pittsburgh (A) With a name like this, how can this dude NOT be good? I think we should keep Zeitler, but that might not happen. Or maybe he can play RT.

Round 4 Pick 9: Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova (A) - Possibly a project, but this guy just screams Bengals DE. Dude is tall and shows a real ability to rush the passe. Hope he's not the new Donte Moch.

Round 4 Pick 32: Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan (A) Another big, tough physical player. We love ya Domata, but we need an upgrade.

Round 4 Pick 39: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+) I don't know how this guy's speed compares to Core's but I hear Taylor's real fast.

Round 5 Pick 9: John Johnson, FS, Boston College (A-) Just a very solid football player. Good for some depth and STs.

Round 6 Pick 9: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A) Like we don't need a kicker with some range. Duh...no brainer

Round 6 Pick 33: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+) I know Hewitt's been pretty good for us, but I don't think you can ever have enough competition. Plus, Freddie would give us some carries.

Round 6 Pick 36: Justin Senior, OT, Mississippi State (A-) Possible Depth somewhere on the OLine.

Round 7 Pick 9: DeVeon Smith, RB, Michigan (A) I like the way this kid runs. I think the Bengals will, as well.He does what Duke says they look for: a guy who keeps his legs driving. Smith can truck some people.

Anyway, I did the best with what First Pick gave me.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it, though I doubt Fournette is there.  But if he's there he's a rare talent with the physicality we don't really have right now.   He is a very violent runner and blocker, and the guy is really fast.

Whatever his limitations I believe he can overcome.  He seems like a smart player.

If we do this though, we need to keep both Whit and Zeitler.  If we do we will be controlling the game and keeping our Defense off the field.

And I like all the picks from the 2nd through the 4th.

I'd be ecstatic with this draft
Reply/Quote
RB is an overrated need in my opinion we just need to use the guys we have  better. If Hill was a stock I would buy him now because his stock is so low right now. Needless to say I wouldn't invest in a RB with similar traits as Hill in the first round. We need a pass rush and only addressing two players (and one that is raw on that position) would be a huge nightmare for this team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 12:40 AM)J24 Wrote: RB is an overrated need in my opinion we just need to use the guys we have  better. If Hill was a stock I would buy him now because his stock is so low right now. Needless to say I wouldn't invest in a RB with similar traits as Hill in the first round. We need a pass rush and only addressing two players (and one that is raw on that position) would be a huge nightmare for this team.

I just have a hard time seeing any of the DE's who'll still be there at #9 (Barnett & Thomas) fitting our DE mold. Maybe the scouts and Marvin along with Tobin will view it otherwise, but I'd be shocked if they did. I can see an argument for either of them, plus arguments for Foster, Williams or Davis, and certainly for Hooker and maybe 1 or two other guys. For me it's a question about an automatic difference maker. Fournette might be gone by the time we get to pick in Round 1, but if he's there I think he's so significantly better than Hill, and would provide such an upgrade to our offense by making everyone better, provided we also upgrade our OLine, which I tried doing here without neglecting defensive needs, that I can't see not taking him. He's a power back with superior speed. 

Would Barnett and Thomas make that big of a difference in our pass rush? Maybe. Would Foster be an upgrade at LB? Yeah. But would any of those players make the difference that a truly elite RB would make? Fournette has that kind of ceiling. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I just have a hard time seeing any of the DE's who'll still be there at #9 (Barnett & Thomas) fitting our DE mold. Maybe the scouts and Marvin along with Tobin will view it otherwise, but I'd be shocked if they did. I can see an argument for either of them, plus arguments for Foster, Williams or Davis, and certainly for Hooker and maybe 1 or two other guys. For me it's a question about an automatic difference maker. Fournette might be gone by the time we get to pick in Round 1, but if he's there I think he's so significantly better than Hill, and would provide such an upgrade to our offense by making everyone better, provided we also upgrade our OLine, which I tried doing here without neglecting defensive needs, that I can't see not taking him. He's a power back with superior speed. 

Would Barnett and Thomas make that big of a difference in our pass rush? Maybe. Would Foster be an upgrade at LB? Yeah. But would any of those players make the difference that a truly elite RB would make? Fournette has that kind of ceiling. 

Marvin says time and time again, we are a running team. So yea we will do just the opposite, Stick with Hill and let Zeitler walk cause of course we keep our own and build through the draft.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 12:40 AM)J24 Wrote: RB is an overrated need in my opinion we just need to use the guys we have  better. If Hill was a stock I would buy him now because his stock is so low right now. Needless to say I wouldn't invest in a RB with similar traits as Hill in the first round. We need a pass rush and only addressing two players (and one that is raw on that position) would be a huge nightmare for this team.

I agree with you. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want Fournette, but I think that we just need to utilize our RBs better. Hill had a phenomenal rookie year and hasn't looked good since. I do think that can change, though. 
Reply/Quote
According to Hobson's latest post on Bengals.com, the Bengals still want Burkhead back.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-Combine-ing-efforts-/0ac9d133-202d-455a-ab57-95c698eb2aba

I personally think that's not a great decision given all the good RB talent in the draft.
Let Burkhead get paid a few million somewhere else and get a good RB on the cheap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2017, 01:04 AM)Shady Wrote: I just have a hard time seeing any of the DE's who'll still be there at #9 (Barnett & Thomas) fitting our DE mold. Maybe the scouts and Marvin along with Tobin will view it otherwise, but I'd be shocked if they did. I can see an argument for either of them, plus arguments for Foster, Williams or Davis, and certainly for Hooker and maybe 1 or two other guys. For me it's a question about an automatic difference maker. Fournette might be gone by the time we get to pick in Round 1, but if he's there I think he's so significantly better than Hill, and would provide such an upgrade to our offense by making everyone better, provided we also upgrade our OLine, which I tried doing here without neglecting defensive needs, that I can't see not taking him. He's a power back with superior speed. 

Thomas fits us perfectly he can play on the outside for the run and move inside on the pass rush. I think he would gives us an elite player similar to what Seattle has with Michael Bennett.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Fournette is nowhere near Hill as a prospect.  Fournette is a once in a decade type talent.  The ship has sailed on Hill, he just doesn't seem to have it anymore. 

Do I think the Bengals would pull the trigger on Fournette or Cook?  Not sure.  Would I be mad?  Not at all.
Reply/Quote
If LF is there I say yes! BUT...They better sign a guard and RT. Give me Wagner Leary and Whit with LF and the Bengals would be clicking.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote