Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSN published a list 12 teams "running out of fans"...
(07-25-2019, 05:42 PM)TopSix Wrote: The bengals stadium lease is up in 2024

You're wrong. The current lease runs until 2026, with two options that can extend the lease to 2036.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2018/11/bengals-hamilton-county-strike-revised-paul-brown-stadium-deal/
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 05:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that might be true when they move to a bigger city with more people....

When they leave we wont ever get another one though.

New Owner unless still family wont keep the team here.

What? Why would you automatically assume that who ever would buy the team would leave? The Nati is a good City with a lot to offer it's not hoboville like many make it out to be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 07:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What? Why would you automatically assume that who ever would buy the team would leave? The Nati is a good City with a lot to offer it's not hoboville like many make it out to be.

The city has definitely been on the upswing the last decade. I think a lot of people are still trapped in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 07:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What? Why would you automatically assume that who ever would buy the team would leave? The Nati is a good City with a lot to offer it's not hoboville like many make it out to be.

Have you ever been to Cincinnati?

It was never hoboville.
Reply/Quote

I haven't been back home in a while but aren't both facilities still really nice? I cant see either team justifying a new stadium request. Upgrades will come obviously but the facilities as they are now are still young looking and will be in 7-8 years as well I would guess.   
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:34 PM)TopSix Wrote: There is no drive to be better for either the reds or the bengals.

Last year the Bengals brought in new coaches, signed the leagues leading tackler in free agency, and traded for the 8th highest paid OT in the league.

(07-25-2019, 03:34 PM)TopSix Wrote: Pro sports has failed in Cincinnati

Since we hired Marvin Lewis as head coach in '03 the Bengals are in the top half of the league in wins and only 9 teams have made the postseason more often.

(07-25-2019, 03:34 PM)TopSix Wrote: You’re delusional if you think otherwise.  

You are a sad little troll.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2019, 03:34 PM)TopSix Wrote: Here’s the thing

All you do is talk in excuses and justifying these miserable franchises

All Cincinnati fans do is cry over the media, the refs. The cheating ‘Stoolers’ Or cardinals.   The leagues are biased against them.  Sob story after sob story.  The league doesn’t make u draft John Ross Or Levi Jones Or akili or Og and price and Fischer.  Or nick travieso Or Phil ervin Or Tyler Stephenson and nick howard for that matter

The reality is they are sh.it run franchises with owners that don’t prioritize winning.   They are timid, scared organizations that are cheap and take short cuts every year.  

There is no drive to be better for either the reds or the bengals.

You’re delusional if you think otherwise.  Pro sports has failed in Cincinnati
You try to make it sound AS IF the ONLY measure of a team's success is their win-loss records over a short time period. The truth is that both teams are extraordinarily profitable for what they bring to Cincinnati in terms of corporate sponsorship, TV revenues, brand loyalty and such. 
If we all went by your standard the Cubs would have been sold for scrap somewhere around 1945, the Reds would have NEVER won the world series nor even come close and the Bengals would never have a stadium and had to play games in some back alley with fans watching from tenement building windows.. 
Nice try, but you're the real failure here. 

NEXT! 
and by the way, the only way a team just runs out of fans is if everybody just magically decides to stop screwing each other late at night and the entire pregnancy thing comes to a complete halt.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

because there are much bigger markets looking for teams....  And for someone that just made a billion dollar + investment id be looking to get the most out of that investment...  And cant do that in a city that barely fills the stands even when the team is doing well.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because there are much bigger markets looking for teams....  And for someone that just made a billion dollar + investment id be looking to get the most out of that investment...  And cant do that in a city that barely fills the stands even when the team is doing well.

There really isn't a home run market out there though right now. Maybe Orlando and San Antonio but both those areas already have teams around them that would make it hard for a new team in that area.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote