Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSNBC went into the CA shooters house and displayed a huge lack of ethics
Did anyone else see this? On live TV, NBC/MSNBC went into the active crime scene that is the CA shooters apartment and rummaged through all of their stuff. They displayed personal documents, SSI cards, licensed, and photos of children on live TV. Some are justifying it by saying that law enforcement did an awful job securing the scene. The landlord is saying they rushed the apartment.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yup.  CNN did the same .  

It was a mess.

If either of these news organizations had any credibility heads would roll .
Can you blame them? Everyone in this country was waiting on the edges of their collective seats to find out enough about these people to determine if this was terrorism or mental illness.
(12-04-2015, 05:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.  CNN did the same .  

It was a mess.

If either of these news organizations had any credibility heads would roll .

LOL

Make up your mind. You tout propaganda agencies because they 'throw all the news out there and let you decide for yourself' but then chastise news agencies that do more than just report what officials tell them?

Go on, pull the other one.
Look, these news agencies rushed in and demolished the case because they are trying to please sponsors and viewers. The news station that provides the most of what people want makes the most money, and capitalism always works.
(12-04-2015, 05:53 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Make up your mind. You tout propaganda agencies because they 'throw all the news out there and let you decide for yourself' but then chastise news agencies that do more than just report what officials tell them?

Go on, pull the other one.

Any news agency that rushes a crime scene and posts pictures and personal info on the air should be hammered.
(12-04-2015, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you blame them?  Everyone in this country was waiting on the edges of their collective seats to find out enough about these people to determine if this was terrorism or mental illness.

According to you and others all we needed to know was his skin color.

I actually think they rushed in there in the hopes they had a bunch of bibles around and a cross on the wall.
(12-04-2015, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: According to you and others all we needed to know was his skin color.    

I actually think they rushed in there in the hopes they had a bunch of bibles around and a cross on the wall.

Drat, now we have to wait what...4 days before some white Christian goes nuts?  Geez!
(12-04-2015, 05:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Any news agency that rushes a crime scene and posts pictures and personal info on the air should be hammered.

Really hoping you understand the irony of this statement. 
(12-04-2015, 06:28 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Really hoping you understand the irony of this statement. 

Like Pictures of a drivers license with personal info on them? As they did in this case.

Could open up a Best Buy card in that ladies name thanks to MSNBC.
(12-04-2015, 05:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Any news agency that rushes a crime scene and posts pictures and personal info on the air should be hammered.

Hammered for what?  Freedom of the press?

Hammered by whom?  The government?

And in the other thread you want to outlaw health insurance companies.  No wonder you hate progressives.  You're a fascist masquerading as a libertarian. 
Fox did it to.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
"Journalism" is out of control, in this day and age. One of the first things that they teach you, when studying journalism, is that it is your duty to report the News, not create the News.

Contaminating a crime scene, for the sake of "scooping" a story, falls into the realm of creating a story. If you ask me, anyway.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-04-2015, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you blame them? Everyone in this country was waiting on the edges of their collective seats to find out enough about these people to determine if this was terrorism or mental illness.

Yes
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Btw...St Lucie owns you all. Trying to justify this to be on the other side of him?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

'Lamestream media only reports what they're told!'

'Mainstream media's gone too far! They should wait for official channels to respond!'

LOL

At least be consistent in your criticism.
I am given to understand the scene was no longer active, had been turned over to the landlord, and the landlord let them in. That being said, it was pretty tasteless to me. Though I find most anything the 24 hour news networks do tasteless.
(12-04-2015, 11:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes

Ok, well then you tune into the news station that reports things 2 days too late because they respect law and the process.  Oh wait, that news source is out of business because everyone in this gluttonous country demands instant gratification.

I'm not defending the actions of the news networks, I'm just saying that we as Americans absolutely beg for this kind of nonsense. Lucie can chide news networks all he likes, but he's mister "guilty until proven innocent when Muslims are involved" until some left-wing media source does the lawbreaking and rights-trampling, so meh.
(12-05-2015, 02:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, well then you tune into the news station that reports things 2 days too late because they respect law and the process.  Oh wait, that news source is out of business because everyone in this gluttonous country demands instant gratification.

I'm not defending the actions of the news networks, I'm just saying that we as Americans absolutely beg for this kind of nonsense.  Lucie can chide news networks all he likes, but he's mister "guilty until proven innocent when Muslims are involved" until some left-wing media source does the lawbreaking and rights-trampling, so meh.

Not exactly fair to compare one citizen's judgement of a situation to an entire industry's lack of ethics..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-05-2015, 03:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not exactly fair to compare one citizen's judgement of a situation to an entire industry's lack of ethics..

It's capitalism.  You can't blame news corporations for being unethical any more than you can blame McDonalds for stuffing us full of processed garbage.  People want it, and people give it to them.  Want to get rich?  Stuff the populace full of whatever bs it wants.