Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY BOLD PREDICTION
(12-20-2015, 11:45 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I kinda stopped reading this thread when people starting posting negative scouting reports about mccarron and positive ones on Dalton as though you cant find really good ones and bad ones on both. Lmao It's funny peoples blind love for someone. I'll be sure to visit this thread at around 7:30 or so to tell you told ya so and then all the Dalton lovers will be mad that we won and say it's because San Fran sucks. Lmao

People posted scouting reports. Scouting reports have negative parts in them.

And San Francisco is bad. REALLY bad.
Worst ranked offense. Worst ranked in scoring points (14.5). Least amount of touchdowns in the NFL. 30th ranked defense. 31st ranked defense against the run.

Plus, let's be honest, McCarron really didn't look great or do anything special.

But I will give him a ton of credit on his deep ball to Marvin. That was right where it had to be.

Other than that, he looked exactly how you would expect a 5th round draft pick who started his first NFL game to look.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
You seriously think those 2 deep balls to Green and Kroft looked exactly like a 5th round pick starting his first game should look?

San Fran does suck, totally agree. And the offense didn't set the world on fire at all. But the kid is still showing me something. Those deep balls right on the money can really open up an offense.
Reply/Quote
I think if he threw a better ball to Green, he would have scored. Still, not a bad throw and I won't complain about a 37-yard reception.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 12:00 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I think if he threw a better ball to Green, he would have scored. Still, not a bad throw and I won't complain about a 37-yard reception.

I'm sure this qualifies as complaining about it. 

Can't wait for the PFF to come out. AJ did everything asked of him and showed the touch and velocity necessary to play at this level. With a 21-0 lead at the half the coaches decided to play very very conservative. This was the right decision and would have been the plan with any QB in the backfield. 

The only real benefit Andy would have given is the ability to scramble and get more yards when there was nothing open downfield. There's no adjustment to fix the line getting pushed back on a 3rd and 1. And the notion that AJ was missing open receivers all over the place is non-sense. 

The truth is Hue needs to learn and dial up some short yardage passing plays. McCarron took a few coverage sacks because there was no outlet receiver to check down to. If you watched him at Alabama you would know he's good at reading the check downs. He's proved he can throw deep, let him prove he can throw short. We obviously don't have a dominant run game, we need to copy the Pats and use the short pass as a supplemental run game. 

Despite all the pessimism I'm sure AJ is going to grade out just fine when real analysts look at the game tape. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:26 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I'm sure this qualifies as complaining about it. 

Can't wait for the PFF to come out. AJ did everything asked of him and showed the touch and velocity necessary to play at this level. With a 21-0 lead at the half the coaches decided to play very very conservative. This was the right decision and would have been the plan with any QB in the backfield. 

The only real benefit Andy would have given is the ability to scramble and get more yards when there was nothing open downfield. There's no adjustment to fix the line getting pushed back on a 3rd and 1. And the notion that AJ was missing open receivers all over the place is non-sense. 

The truth is Hue needs to learn and dial up some short yardage passing plays. McCarron took a few coverage sacks because there was no outlet receiver to check down to. If you watched him at Alabama you would know he's good at reading the check downs. He's proved he can throw deep, let him prove he can throw short. We obviously don't have a dominant run game, we need to copy the Pats and use the short pass as a supplemental run game. 

Despite all the pessimism I'm sure AJ is going to grade out just fine when real analysts look at the game tape. 

Yes there is. It's called having a QB that the defense is actually concerned about them throwing. 
That would have changed everything. It's hard to run in the NFL when the other team knows it's all you really want to do. 
Look at Dallas. By far and away the best OL. But when you have no QB worth a damn on your team, teams can key on runs and fill gaps with delayed blitzes and cause major concerns for you. It's silly to suggest otherwise. 

Bull shit. He took sacks because he didn't know where to go with the ball and he can't scramble. He missed several open guys because he flat out didn't see them. He held the ball too long on several plays that count as "positive" but should have been much bigger gains if he got it out on time. And they were "short" throws too. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes there is. It's called having a QB that the defense is actually concerned about them throwing. 
That would have changed everything. It's hard to run in the NFL when the other team knows it's all you really want to do. 
Look at Dallas. By far and away the best OL. But when you have no QB worth a damn on your team, teams can key on runs and fill gaps with delayed blitzes and cause major concerns for you. It's silly to suggest otherwise. 

Bull shit. He took sacks because he didn't know where to go with the ball and he can't scramble. He missed several open guys because he flat out didn't see them. He held the ball too long on several plays that count as "positive" but should have been much bigger gains if he got it out on time. And they were "short" throws too. 

If he would have ever needed to throw the ball to secure a win, then the OC would have let him. When did he miss guys exactly? The announcers didn't say anything about it. I didn't notice it. In fact the commentators were saying just the opposite all game. They kept saying he was smart to take the sack or to throw it away or run out of bounds each and every time he did one of those things. Why? Because there was no one open and we had a lead and there was no reason to jeopardize it. They would have said the same thing if it was Brady, Rogers, Brees, either Manning or Newton. Doesn't matter a smart decision is a smart decision and AJ played smart football yesterday.

In sum, The 49's didn't stack the box because they had no respect for McCarron, they stacked it because they knew Hue was going to keep running it as long as we had a lead. 

I hope Denver stacks the box on McCarron, because he will hit guys downfield all day. Its all on the O-line to give him the chance to, but he's pretty much proven that he has the arm and guts to make every throw asked of him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:52 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: If he would have ever needed to throw the ball to secure a win, then the OC would have let him. When did he miss guys exactly? The announcers didn't say anything about it. I didn't notice it. In fact the commentators were saying just the opposite all game. They kept saying he was smart to take the sack or to throw it away or run out of bounds each and every time he did one of those things. Why? Because there was no one open and we had a lead and there was no reason to jeopardize it. They would have said the same thing if it was Brady, Rogers, Brees, either Manning or Newton. Doesn't matter a smart decision is a smart decision and AJ played smart football yesterday.

In sum, The 49's didn't stack the box because they had no respect for McCarron, they stacked it because they knew Hue was going to keep running it as long as we had a lead. 

I hope Denver stacks the box on McCarron, because he will hit guys downfield all day. Its all on the O-line to give him the chance to, but he's pretty much proven that he has the arm and guts to make every throw asked of him. 

Jesus this is like talking to a brick wall.

He missed Kroft plain as day. 
THEY STACKED IT BEFORE WE HAD THE LEAD. FFS.....
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Jesus this is like talking to a brick wall.

He missed Kroft plain as day. 
THEY STACKED IT BEFORE WE HAD THE LEAD. FFS.....

Yeah I know the feeling.

I guess that Kroft TD was some kind of fluke right?

Sure they stacked the box early some too, but you forget McCarron had 175 of his 192 passing yards when the game was not so much in hand. In other words he threw when they needed him to and did just fine. It's not his fault that they didn't need any more from him in the second half. It's not his fault that the O line couldn't move the guys in front of them. The D set him up to win in the first half and he knocked the 49's out of contention in the first half with 3 good drives. 

I wonder what you'll come up with to say when we win the SB. There will have to be something bad to harp on right?
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 04:17 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Yeah I know the feeling.

I guess that Kroft TD was some kind of fluke right?

Sure they stacked the box early some too, but you forget McCarron had 175 of his 192 passing yards when the game was not so much in hand. In other words he threw when they needed him to and did just fine. It's not his fault that they didn't need any more from him in the second half. It's not his fault that the O line couldn't move the guys in front of them. The D set him up to win in the first half and he knocked the 49's out of contention in the first half with 3 good drives. 

I wonder what you'll come up with to say when we win the SB. There will have to be something bad to harp on right?

You're dense. 
When opposing teams show a blitz with a DB we tend to keep an extra blocker in. This time we released the TE when SF showed blitz, ran the play action sucked the LB up and Kroft was uncovered. SF was banking on us leaving Kroft in. We didn't. So we are supposed to be EXTRA giddy he got a TD to a guy who didn't have anyone within 10 yards of him when he caught it? 

He missed several other throws. He was late on more. 
3 good drives? Shut the hell up and just offer yourself to McCarron. 
11, 36 and 20 were the lengths of our TD drives. 
Seriously, that isn't impressive. That's "expected" in the NFL. 

Your excuses are getting weaker. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You're dense. 
When opposing teams show a blitz with a DB we tend to keep an extra blocker in. This time we released the TE when SF showed blitz, ran the play action sucked the LB up and Kroft was uncovered. SF was banking on us leaving Kroft in. We didn't. So we are supposed to be EXTRA giddy he got a TD to a guy who didn't have anyone within 10 yards of him when he caught it? 

He missed several other throws. He was late on more. 
3 good drives? Shut the hell up and just offer yourself to McCarron. 
11, 36 and 20 were the lengths of our TD drives. 
Seriously, that isn't impressive. That's "expected" in the NFL. 

Your excuses are getting weaker. 

The analysts at PFF disagree with you just as I predicted

CIN-SF GRADES: A.J. MCCARRON PROVES HE COULD BE MORE THAN JUST A PLACEHOLDER

*drops mic walks off stage*
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes there is. It's called having a QB that the defense is actually concerned about them throwing. 

It was his first start.  Almost all young quarterback hold the ball too long, and many have trouble going through all their progressions.
Reply/Quote
That would have changed everything
. It's hard to run in the NFL when the other team knows it's all you really want to do. 

Lol...this is great. My has the other shoe dropped. This is the same statement many who are not impressed with Dalton have posed for five seasons. Without fail it has always been met with stats, wins, or QBR. 
How does that argument not work now. AJM was 71% completions, no int's, 200 yards, 115 QBR, win on the road where the Bengals haven't won in 40 years, and clinched a playoff spot.

AJM performed exactly like Dalton has...if you don't think much of his game then the same should hold true for Dalton. Game managers on a great team. With AJM there is nothing lost as a replacement to Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:26 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: AJM performed exactly like Dalton has...if you don't think much of his game then the same should hold true for Dalton. Game managers on a great team. With AJM there is nothing lost as a replacement to Dalton. 

Did you watch the same game as the rest of the world?

That game was hella boring. If it wasn't for the defense, the offense wouldn't have done anything all night. The three TD drives the Bengals had? A total of 67 yards. Even only giving up 196 passing yards, the 49ers are STILL the 26th ranked pass defense. The Steelers are 31st.

Next week he likely won't be able to get 3 fields shorter than 40 yards and he's going up against the #1 pass defense in the NFL. If you honestly don't think there's nothing lost between McCarron and Dalton, then you're either a huge McCarron homer, or you're just being willfully ignorant.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:25 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: The analysts at PFF disagree with you just as I predicted

CIN-SF GRADES: A.J. MCCARRON PROVES HE COULD BE MORE THAN JUST A PLACEHOLDER

*drops mic walks off stage*

Chris Crocker (someone who actually played football) went over the film and gave McCarron "a C- or a D+". Crock said that McCarron missed some very easy throws.

I was pleased considering it was his first start, but lets not make it out to be something it wasn't. Mc was asked not to screw the game up and he didn't. I think that's about what we should expect from a backup making his first start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:26 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Lol...this is great. My has the other shoe dropped. This is the same statement many who are not impressed with Dalton have posed for five seasons. Without fail it has always been met with stats, wins, or QBR. 
How does that argument not work now. AJM was 71% completions, no int's, 200 yards, 115 QBR, win on the road where the Bengals haven't won in 40 years, and clinched a playoff spot.

AJM performed exactly like Dalton has...if you don't think much of his game then the same should hold true for Dalton. Game managers on a great team. With AJM there is nothing lost as a replacement to Dalton. 

Dalton was averaging 260+ yards and 2.3 TD's per game when he went down. Those aren't "game manager" stats, sorry.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 08:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It was his first start.  Almost all young quarterback hold the ball too long, and many have trouble going through all their progressions.

I know that.
You know that.

Bayou doesn't. Or he does and just doesn't care.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:26 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Lol...this is great. My has the other shoe dropped. This is the same statement many who are not impressed with Dalton have posed for five seasons. Without fail it has always been met with stats, wins, or QBR. 

And it's always been false with Dalton outside his rookie year, especially this year. 
Teams have never just stacked us outside of his rookie year (only weapon was AJ) and last year...where his best WR was Mohamed Sanu and Dane Sanzenbacher 

If you actually watched the game, you would understand this. 
But.....I guess it's obvious you didnt
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Chris Crocker (someone who actually played football) went over the film and gave McCarron "a C- or a D+". Crock said that McCarron missed some very easy throws.

I was pleased considering it was his first start, but lets not make it out to be something it wasn't. Mc was asked not to screw the game up and he didn't. I think that's about what we should expect from a backup making his first start.

According to that guy.....people should just "play more Madden" so they'd know just how well AJ played.  **** that Chris Crocker chump.....what's he know? Just play Madden.....Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: According to that guy.....people should just "play more Madden" so they'd know just how well AJ played.  **** that Chris Crocker chump.....what's he know? Just play Madden.....Ninja

Weeeellllllllll.....
[Image: th?id=OIP.Mc269abdf8b1714d38686fd8ba4356...0&pid=15.1]

Just saying. Coulda helped Pete. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

AJM performed exactly like Dalton has

Dalton has NEVER turtled at the first sign of pressure, while McCarron has all 7 times he's been sacked.

That looks like a super inexperienced, borderline *****.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote