Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maclin signs with the Ratbirds
The Ravens announced that Maclin has signed a two-year deal with the team on Monday. Maclin visited Baltimore last week after spending time with the Bills, who got recruiting help from Maclin’s former teammate LeSean McCoy, in the wake of his release from the Chiefs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/jeremy-maclin-signs-with-ravens/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Shit
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oz playing chess while most other GMs are playing checkers.

Oz did not dip into free agent wr market as it was way over priced. The draft did not line up for him to get Davis or Ross. Only two in draft that could contribute right away. Waited until 2nd round of free agency when post June 2nd cuts became available. Had his pick of two huge upgrades. Well done Oz!!!
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it changes too much for them. He's not a #1 receiver. Now, if they got Decker too.... I would be scared to play them.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2017, 10:01 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Oz playing chess while most other GMs are playing checkers.

If you consider not adequately addressing the WR position and then getting lucky due to an unexpected release of a serviceable player by another team  to be playing chess then, yeah.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 11:36 AM)Beaker Wrote: If you consider not adequately addressing the WR position and then getting lucky due to an unexpected release of a serviceable player by another team  to be playing chess then, yeah.

Apparently, the definition of Chess varies...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 09:04 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I don't think it changes too much for them. He's not a #1 receiver. Now, if they got Decker too.... I would be scared to play them.

Maclin is ok. I'd rather have Decker. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2017, 09:04 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I don't think it changes too much for them. He's not a #1 receiver. Now, if they got Decker too.... I would be scared to play them.

I disagree. It is definitely an upgrade from what they had with Campanaro or Moore. They don't need a #1 and they never have had one. They won a Super Bowl with Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Jacoby Jones. Not that they're contenders, but it isn't necessary (though I'd like it). 

Where I agree is that they need Decker to truly be "formidable". There's no threat at TE on this team and Decker could at least fill the hole Pitta left as a receiver. Said it at the time of the draft, I said it even when Young got hurt, and I said it when Pitta got hurt. They should have drafted Howard. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 08:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I disagree. It is definitely an upgrade from what they had with Campanaro or Moore. They don't need a #1 and they never have had one. They won a Super Bowl with Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Jacoby Jones. Not that they're contenders, but it isn't necessary (though I'd like it). 

Where I agree is that they need Decker to truly be "formidable". There's no threat at TE on this team and Decker could at least fill the hole Pitta left as a receiver. Said it at the time of the draft, I said it even when Young got hurt, and I said it when Pitta got hurt. They should have drafted Howard. 

I just meant in terms of overall talent I don't think it changes much for Baltimore. He is definitely an upgrade over who you mentioned, but I think Peter King said it well: Maclin is good at everything but not great at anything. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2017, 10:01 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Oz playing chess while most other GMs are playing checkers.

Oz did not dip into free agent wr market as it was way over priced. The draft did not line up for him to get Davis or Ross. Only two in draft that could contribute right away. Waited until 2nd round of free agency when post June 2nd cuts became available. Had his pick of two huge upgrades. Well done Oz!!!

What was he doing the past few years then?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What was he doing the past few years then?

Paying his elite QB?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote