Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Max Fury Road
Absolutely amazing. Instantly a top 10 action film of all-time. How does George Miller make a movie this bad ass after taking 30 years off from action flicks? His last 3 films in this absence were... Happy Feet, Happy Feet 2, Babe A Pig in the City

Fury Road is a masterpiece and you will regret not seeing this in theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBb4SZ0F6Q
Reply/Quote
I loved the movie!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 12:10 PM)Ben Richards Wrote: Absolutely amazing.  Instantly a top 10 action film of all-time.  How does George Miller make a movie this bad ass after taking 30 years off from action flicks? His last 3 films in this absence were... Happy Feet, Happy Feet 2, Babe A Pig in the City

Fury Road is a masterpiece and you will regret not seeing this in theaters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBb4SZ0F6Q

Greatness cannot be untaught and now he has even better effects to use. 
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
So many holy shit moments in this film, but one that comes to mind is where dude on a motorcycle goes flying under a moving semi as he grabs hold of another character. Holy ****.

That said, this movie is not full of bullshit CGI like most of the crap out there. This is one of the reasons I believe that the new Jurassic World movie will suck goat balls. Not one 'puppet' used, all CGI.
Reply/Quote
Not usually a fan of action flicks. Is this movie the exception?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For a world lacking fuel they sure waste the shit out of it. [Image: dry.gif]

I liked the action but not a very interesting script IMO.

Mostly visual movie.  Saw it in 3D so action scenes were great.

I thought it was a bit campy a la Thunderdome.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 12:48 PM)magikod Wrote: I loved the movie!

Same here, loved it.

It is what it is, entertainment.
Reply/Quote
Was hesitant. But I'll try to check it out.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
If you liked The Road Warrior, you'll dig this. Road Warrior on steroids.....loved it. It was missing Mel Gibson, but I really dug it.

Non stop action from the word go. Yeah, they wasted fuel, but fuel wasn't the ultimate prize this time around. Don't forget, it starts out as a simple fuel run.....

As a fan of the series, The Road Warrior will probably always be my favorite, but this supplants Mad Max as my second favorite......and completely washed the awful taste that Thunderdome left out of my mouth.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:33 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If you liked The Road Warrior, you'll dig this. Road Warrior on steroids.....loved it. It was missing Mel Gibson, but I really dug it.

Non stop action from the word go. Yeah, they wasted fuel, but fuel wasn't the ultimate prize this time around. Don't forget, it starts out as a simple fuel run.....

As a fan of the series, The Road Warrior will probably always be my favorite, but this supplants Mad Max as my second favorite......and completely washed the awful taste that Thunderdome left out of my mouth.

Mel Gibson is now too crazy even for a roll like mad max lol

Oh come on Thunder Dome was great.. Way better than the very first movie which was slow enough to put you to sleep
Reply/Quote
Witness me bloodbag!!!

God damn what a freaking movie.

See it ASAP, I mean it, it was by far one of the best and exciting action flicks I've seen in a while. Contains a great plot and character development, Tom Hardy was perfect for the role.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Mel Gibson is now too crazy even for a roll like mad max lol

Oh come on Thunder Dome was great.. Way better than the very first movie which was slow enough to put you to sleep

No way man.....the original is a cult classic.  Thunderdome hardly had any chase scenes!  Most fans of the series agree....it sucked.  I have the first two in my collection (and will add this one upon release), even have the original movie poster from 1981 of The Road Warrior hanging in the basement.  I refuse to even acknowledge Thunderdome as a part of the series.....turrible. LOL

Reply/Quote
There are at least 2 more movies planned. Give it time, Mel will have a cameo and probably get waxed in an awful way.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:52 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No way man.....the original is a cult classic.  Thunderdome hardly had any chase scenes!  Most fans of the series agree....it sucked.  I have the first two in my collection (and will add this one upon release), even have the original movie poster from 1981 of The Road Warrior hanging in the basement.  I refuse to even acknowledge Thunderdome as a part of the series.....turrible. LOL

but it has some the best one liners.... the first one for me is just okay... I saw it last of the 3.

It has its moments... Its not all about the chase scenes... which there is a long one in the thunderdome.

Plus the thunderdome itself was awesome.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but it has some the best one liners....  the first one for me is just okay... I saw it last of the 3.

It has its moments... Its not all about the chase scenes... which there is a long one in the thunderdome.

Plus the thunderdome itself was awesome.

Different strokes my man.....

.....if you watch them in order, it ties in better.  There are some classic lines in the first one too.....like the bit at the end where he tells Johnny Boy how long it would take to saw through the cuffs vs. his ankle, and hands him a hacksaw.....not to mention the crazy shit out of the mouth of the Night Rider.

For a gearhead like me, it's A LOT about the chases and the horsepower involved........not a "power plant" on a railroad...... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote