Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Props for Eli Apple
Eli Apple: Two solo tackles. One interception. Lots of passes broken up.

+++

This young man has gone from zero to hero and from worst to first. I’ve never seen such massive improvement over eleven games. I was at the game sitting in the south end zone which gave me a superb view of the secondary play and Eli was always in the right position. No Steeler receiver got over the top all day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even the catch he gave up he had decent coverage, I think.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Eli Apple: Two solo tackles. One interception. Lots of passes broken up.

+++

This young man has gone from zero to hero and from worst to first. I’ve never seen such massive improvement over eleven games. I was at the game sitting in the south end zone which gave me a superb view of the secondary play and Eli was always in the right position. No Steeler receiver got over the top all day.

Not exactly true, as I think it was Apple that Claypool burned on the 41 yard bomb, but yes, overall, Eli has been pretty solid lately.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Eli Apple: Two solo tackles.  One interception.  Lots of passes broken up.

+++

This young man has gone from zero to hero and from worst to first.  I’ve never seen such massive improvement over eleven games.  I was at the game sitting in the south end zone which gave me a superb view of the secondary play and Eli was always in the right position.  No Steeler receiver got over the top all day.

CB's are on an island. Eli has been getting better game by game. 

Just an awesome overall game by coaches and team execution.

Fun game and day!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not exactly true, as I think it was Apple that Claypool burned on the 41 yard bomb, but yes, overall, Eli has been pretty solid lately.

I’d have to see it again, but I thought he had decent coverage, but Claypool went up and got it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’d have to see it again, but I thought he had decent coverage, but Claypool went up and got it.

You might be right, “burned” was probably the wrong word, but he did give up a long bomb. He’s done an admirable job filling in for Waynes the most part, but ideally he’s a backup, and not a starter. Idk why any QB’s would even throw at Awuzie with Apple on the other side.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  He’s done an admirable job filling in for Waynes the most part....

Yeah, at least he shows up on game day. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
2 good games in a row since we brought in Hargeaves and Zac said something about getting him up to speed. Maybe that gave Apple a little extra juice.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Apple-Turnovers-6.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I was really hoping Apple would make it into the end zone on his pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: Apple-Turnovers-6.jpg]

“Apple Turnover.” I get it!
Reply/Quote
Eli continues his improvement. He was our best DB inthe LAC game:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-13-game-recap-los-angeles-chargers-41-cincinnati-bengals-22

Targeted: 3
Receptions Allowed: 0
Yards allowed: 0
Passer rating when targeted: 39.8

Reply/Quote
He's upping his game for the playoffs. He knows what's coming up.
Reply/Quote
Playoffs is a bit of a stretch.....
Reply/Quote
He has been playing very well as of late and kudos to him.

Yet am very fearful that Awuzie's foot injury may cost him significant time on shelf or him not being up to speed per a bad wheel.

Lots of big names injured in Chargers game but this one definitely concerns me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He has been playing very well as of late and kudos to him.

Yet am very fearful that Awuzie's foot injury may cost him significant time on shelf or him not being up to speed per a bad wheel.

Not only is Chido fine (as per Zim on Twitter), but he was reported as the last player to go to the locker room at halftime and he was RUNNING in.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He has been playing very well as of late and kudos to him.

Logan Wilson concerns me more...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He has been playing very well as of late and kudos to him.

As Truck mentions; it looks like Uzi will bfine. As an aside: I don't think he was ever "touched down" on the play he got injured. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 02:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Logan Wilson concerns me more...

All of the names listed were very concerning to me. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Playoffs is a bit of a stretch.....

Yea i think the top's this team wins is 9 personally.  This team for whatever the reason just does not play well at PBS.

They play better on the road.  The best game they've played at PBS was probably the Steelers games. 

So I guess we see what kind of performance we get against the 9er's this weekend, because this the most bipolar team I've ever seen for in my life. 
Reply/Quote