Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Props for Eli Apple
(12-06-2021, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Eli continues his improvement. He was our best DB inthe LAC game:
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-13-game-recap-los-angeles-chargers-41-cincinnati-bengals-22

Targeted: 3
Receptions Allowed: 0
Yards allowed: 0
Passer rating when targeted: 39.8

I still think it was signing Hargreaves and Zac talking about "getting him up to speed".

If that was a motivational tactic to shake Apple to his core, then kudos to Zac and the FO. He's really done a 180 since then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I still think it was signing Hargreaves and Zac talking about "getting him up to speed".

If that was a motivational tactic to shake Apple to his core, then kudos to Zac and the FO. He's really done a 180 since then.

Well if Chido doesn't play weekend does that mean Hargraves steps up and plays the other corner?  

Or does Phillps get the call if Chido cant go?  

As far as Eli Apple, I'd give this dude a 2 year contract as long as Lou's here.   

He's really busted his ass since the bye week and really turned his season around.  Props to this dude.  
Reply/Quote
If you would have told me after the 2016 NFL draft that our Starting CBs will one day be Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves I would have been very happy.

They went 10-11 in that draft
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:59 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Well if Chido doesn't play weekend does that mean Hargraves steps up and plays the other corner?  

Or does Phillps get the call if Chido cant go?  

As far as Eli Apple, I'd give this dude a 2 year contract as long as Lou's here.   

He's really busted his ass since the bye week and really turned his season around.  Props to this dude.  

I'd like to see what Hargreaves can bring, personally. We seem to be doing well with guys who were struggling in other systems.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you would have told me after the 2016 NFL draft that our Starting CBs will one day be Eli Apple and Vernon Hargreaves I would have been very happy.

They went 10-11 in that draft

Rock On
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote