Poll: How do you feel about our Madden 18 rating?
Too high
About right
Too low
Way too low.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madden 18 team rating released. Bengals ranked at...
26. Cincinnati Bengals - 78 OVR Defense - 80, Offense - 79 just ahead of the  Jaguars and bears at 77 and tied with the Vikings and Eagles at 78 overall. What do you think? Too high? Too Low? or about right?
Reply/Quote
26th doesn't sound good enough, but I mean, the OL is a wreck, 2/4ths of the DL is missing, 2/3rd of the LB aren't great, both the safeties last year were meh, and ST probably took a big hit last year because Nugent is such a turd.

Probably didn't help losing Whit and Zeitler as I imagine their rankings replaced by Ogbuehi and Andre Smith made the offense average really plummet.

Plus isn't coaching part of the overall calculation?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man, I used to love video games. However, couldn't do the PlayStation controller. Just too much for this old funeral. I'll go head to head on techmobowl with anyone on Nintendo lol!

Edit: I typed in "just too much for this old fuger." Auto correct changed fuger to funeral? That shit ain't funny! Damn you IPad!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The team is better than that, but maybe Madden is factoring in Marv.
Reply/Quote
See? See? I told you so!  It's a conspiracy to steal all of the joy right out of all Bengals fans hearts by the big mega amalgamated conglomerated industries. There's probably a bill in congress as you read this right now that makes it a felony for Bengals fans to so much as think about being happy.. 
Well I'm a good law abiding citizen so I won't pretend to be happy at any point even if we win the super bowl..

Now get out there and have a really crappy attitude Bengals fans! You deserve it! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Defense should be substantially higher, I understand the offense being ranked low if you're worried the line will be a disaster. Still think the skill position players warrant a slightly higher offensive ranking as well though. Overall I'd say bengals should start about 83.

However after actually looking at the whole list I don't know what to say. Obviously coaching and ST's play a huge role in the overall team ratings. Some teams have higher overall ratings than either of their O/D ratings. I'll also say the bills are overrated, and so are Seattle's and Arizona's offenses, just to name a few things that jumped out at me
Reply/Quote
I've been playing it already this week and the offense is amazing. While not rated high, Ross and Mixon are difference makers in the game. Add AJ and eifert, in real. The Oline is rated super poorly, fairly so. But they don't seem to be that bad. I've had little problems offensively.

I've easily taken care of people using Patriots, Steelers, raiders, Seahawks, etc., all of those teams are rated way higher.

What I'm trying to say is don't let the ratings fool you, the team is very good to use.

Reply/Quote
Also, I was at a loss when I saw bengals were only rated two points higher than Cleveland and three higher than the jets

Reply/Quote
Probably about right, considering those numbers are the average of the players ratings. Think about it, AJ has to be the highest rated player. Then maybe Geno or Burfict I am guessing as second and third. Dalton is probably average rating but 4th or 5th with Dunlap. Then its probably a bunch of players below them, then bunch below them then. In other words, when it comes to player ratings, Bengals are lacking in that department for Madden.

Anyways with all that said, FIFA > Madden! Cool
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone will confuse me for a homer, but 26th is a bit ridiculous.

O-line is a major weakness, but as far as players it's our only real weakness.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton for being an 84 overall has pretty good ratings in the things that matter. 92 throw power and mid 80s on all his accuracies 89 short throw accuracy being the highest.

Line sucks, especially against good players who know how to set blitzes up.

Most important though is that I haven't lost to my brother once yet. 10-0 against him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Marvin coaching your team automatically knocks it down 10 points.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
26 is laughable. Inferior O line aside, other positions are average to above average across the board.
Reply/Quote
Yeah.....easily a top 20 team....maybe even approaching top 15.  I've been fooled before, but no way I see them that low.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Alright, time to show my Madden nerdiness. The team overall you see above isn't actually reflective of the individual player ratings across the team. In quick play the OVR is handset by a member of the EA staff and is frankly just their personal opinion of the teams. When you go into Connected Franchise Mode the team overall here is actually comprised of a formula that uses the teams actual individual ratings to assign a value as a whole. In Connected Franchise Mode I believe they are a 81 or 82 as a team.
Reply/Quote
I think it's low. I would probably have them in the 18-20 range. Depending on how the OLine plays this year, 26 may end up too high.
Reply/Quote
we will not make playoffs

18 to 24 should about right.

No change in team dynamics until Marv leaves and new coach gets to pick his staff or at least the two coordinators.

This is going to be a bad year with AJ wanting out
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 08:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, I used to love video games. However, couldn't do the PlayStation controller. Just too much for this old funeral. I'll go head to head on techmobowl with anyone on Nintendo lol!

Edit: I typed in "just too much for this old fuger." Auto correct changed fuger to funeral? That shit ain't funny! Damn you IPad!

You're on Dog!!!!   I'll take the Bills or the Chiefs.....or the Bengals of course.  :) 

I can't handle the PS controllers either. WAYYYY to many buttons to push.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 08:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, I used to love video games. However, couldn't do the PlayStation controller. Just too much for this old funeral. I'll go head to head on techmobowl with anyone on Nintendo lol!

You old funeral!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
Video game, really? Get off your fat asses and go outside and play tag or hide and seek.....wait that my fatherly rant to my teenagers...
Reply/Quote