Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madden QB rankings
JoeyB is #5

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would put Joe ahead of Josh Allen cause of accuracy. Other than that I agree with the rating.

Chase not being in the top 10 is the head scratcher. DJ and both these guys get motivation from this though.

They all want to be #1 at their respective positions and stay there for a long damn time.

Hendrickson also. Who might be the best pass rusher in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:13 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB is #5

Weird how 5 and 10 were playing longer than the rest last year haahha
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would put Joe ahead of Josh Allen cause of accuracy. Other than that I agree with the rating.

Chase not being in the top 10 is the head scratcher. DJ and both these guys get motivation from this though.

They all want to be #1 at their respective positions and stay there for a long damn time.

Hendrickson also. Who might be the best pass rusher in the NFL.

For what it's worth, regarding Chase, I checked Madden's official website to see what the overall rankings for the players drafted in the first 2 rounds of the 2021 NFL draft and Ja'Marr Chase has the 2nd highest overall rating of any player in the 2021 draft's first two rounds (which I assume would be the highest rated players from the draft, as there are no pro bowlers in the rounds 3 through 7).

The only player from the 2021 NFL draft that is rated higher than Chase, who was rated at 87, is Micah Parsons who is rated at 88. Which, you know....that's fair. the OROTY and the DROTY are the top ranked players from the draft class. Kyle Pitts tied Chase at 87. Even Creed Humphrey, the player that many are already calling the best center in the NFL, was only 86 overall.
The players in order of their overall rating are as follows:

Micah Parsons † 88
Kyle Pitts † 87
Ja'Marr Chase † 87
Creed Humphrey 86
Najee Harris † 85
Jaylen Waddle 84
Rashawn Slater † 84
Patrick Surtain II  83
DeVonta Smith  83
Jevon Holland  83
Javonte Williams  82
Greg Newsome II 81
Penei Sewell 80
Kadarius Toney  79
Elijah Moore  79
Trevon Moehrig  79
Rondale Moore  79
Pat Freiermuth  79
Nick Bolton  79
Mac Jones † 78
Eric Stokes  78
Odafe Oweh  78
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah  78
Kwity Paye  77
Travis Etienne  77
Rashod Bateman  77
Christian Barmore  77
Trevor Lawrence  76
Jaelan Phillips  76
Gregory Rousseau  76
Pete Werner  76
Jaycee Horn  75
Caleb Farley  75
Landon Dickerson 75
Asante Samuel Jr.  75
Azeez Ojulari  75
Justin Fields  74
Alijah Vera-Tucker  74
Christian Darrisaw  74
Tyson Campbell  74
Zach Wilson  73
Zaven Collins  73
Sam Cosmi  73
Trey Lance  72
Jamin Davis  72
Joe Tryon-Shoyinka  72
Teven Jenkins  72
Richie Grant  72
Kelvin Joseph  72
D'Wayne Eskridge  72
Alex Leatherwood  71
Tutu Atwell  71
Terrace Marshall Jr.  71
Josh Myers  71
Payton Turner  70
Carlos Basham Jr.  70
Levi Onwuzurike 69
Jackson Carman 69
Liam Eichenberg 68
Walker Little 68
Aaron Banks 67
Dayo Odeyingbo 67
Dillon Radunz 66
Kyle Trask 63

Basically, I don't think that Madden was specifically taking a shot at Chase or anything like that. Pitts, Parsons, Humphrey and Slater are all considered among the top 5 at their position by most fans and not a single one rated above 88 overall. 

I bet they just have a categorical stance that they will not rate a player as a 90 OVR after just 1 season in the NFL. If Chase has another season like he did last year, they'll most likely give him his due rating.
I actually did check one other 2021 draftee, Evan McPherson.
He got an 83 :)
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 05:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For what it's worth, regarding Chase, I checked Madden's official website to see what the overall rankings for the players drafted in the first 2 rounds of the 2021 NFL draft and Ja'Marr Chase has the 2nd highest overall rating of any player in the 2021 draft's first two rounds (which I assume would be the highest rated players from the draft, as there are no pro bowlers in the rounds 3 through 7).

The only player from the 2021 NFL draft that is rated higher than Chase, who was rated at 87, is Micah Parsons who is rated at 88. Which, you know....that's fair. the OROTY and the DROTY are the top ranked players from the draft class. Kyle Pitts tied Chase at 87. Even Creed Humphrey, the player that many are already calling the best center in the NFL, was only 86 overall.
The players in order of their overall rating are as follows:

Micah Parsons † 88
Kyle Pitts † 87
Ja'Marr Chase † 87
Creed Humphrey 86
Najee Harris † 85
Jaylen Waddle 84
Rashawn Slater † 84
Patrick Surtain II  83
DeVonta Smith  83
Jevon Holland  83
Javonte Williams  82
Greg Newsome II 81
Penei Sewell 80
Kadarius Toney  79
Elijah Moore  79
Trevon Moehrig  79
Rondale Moore  79
Pat Freiermuth  79
Nick Bolton  79
Mac Jones † 78
Eric Stokes  78
Odafe Oweh  78
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah  78
Kwity Paye  77
Travis Etienne  77
Rashod Bateman  77
Christian Barmore  77
Trevor Lawrence  76
Jaelan Phillips  76
Gregory Rousseau  76
Pete Werner  76
Jaycee Horn  75
Caleb Farley  75
Landon Dickerson 75
Asante Samuel Jr.  75
Azeez Ojulari  75
Justin Fields  74
Alijah Vera-Tucker  74
Christian Darrisaw  74
Tyson Campbell  74
Zach Wilson  73
Zaven Collins  73
Sam Cosmi  73
Trey Lance  72
Jamin Davis  72
Joe Tryon-Shoyinka  72
Teven Jenkins  72
Richie Grant  72
Kelvin Joseph  72
D'Wayne Eskridge  72
Alex Leatherwood  71
Tutu Atwell  71
Terrace Marshall Jr.  71
Josh Myers  71
Payton Turner  70
Carlos Basham Jr.  70
Levi Onwuzurike 69
Jackson Carman 69
Liam Eichenberg 68
Walker Little 68
Aaron Banks 67
Dayo Odeyingbo 67
Dillon Radunz 66
Kyle Trask 63

Basically, I don't think that Madden was specifically taking a shot at Chase or anything like that. Pitts, Parsons, Humphrey and Slater are all considered among the top 5 at their position by most fans and not a single one rated above 88 overall. 

I bet they just have a categorical stance that they will not rate a player as a 90 OVR after just 1 season in the NFL. If Chase has another season like he did last year, they'll most likely give him his due rating.
I actually did check one other 2021 draftee, Evan McPherson.
He got an 83 :)

Thanks CJD, I know that took some time. I understand the part about him only having 1 season in the NFL a bit, same with
Parsons who is another extremely special player from that Draft. It was a historical rookie season for both of them honestly.

Can't really blame Madden for these ratings as it came from nowhere.

You don't see rookies doing what these two did last season often if ever.
Reply/Quote
Dak is so over rated. He's a slightly better AD and he's nothing without a strong run game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Dak is so over rated.  He's a slightly better AD and he's nothing without a strong run game.

Tell that to Bayless lol
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Tell that to Bayless lol

just another worthless talking head looking for clicks spewing dumbass opinions
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 04:09 PM)Stewy Wrote: just another worthless talking head looking for clicks spewing dumbass opinions

No doubt Stewy, can't stand that guy. 

Shannon Sharpe can be annoying but I still like him ten times as much as he was a great player. 

Skip Bayless the talking head loves him some Dak Prescott...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Dak is so over rated. He's a slightly better AD and he's nothing without a strong run game.

I wouldn’t say overrated. I can’t remember a series of games where he’s lost it for them by himself. They probably exist but i just don’t remember many ESPNs where they were talking about Dak being bad.

He’s been without Zeke off and on and his defense i don’t remember being that good. I remember him putting up 300 yards a game because he had to go even be close to winning.

If we had a choice on who we played in the Super Bowl I would’ve rather played Stafford than Dak.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 11:41 PM)Housh Wrote: I wouldn’t say overrated. I can’t remember a series of games where he’s lost it for them by himself. They probably exist but i just don’t remember many ESPNs where they were talking about Dak being bad.

He’s been without Zeke off and on and his defense i don’t remember being that good. I remember him putting up 300 yards a game because he had to go even be close to winning.

If we had a choice on who we played in the Super Bowl I would’ve rather played Stafford than Dak.

Well being in Texas, I've seen a lot of his games.  He puts up big numbers against bad teams, he's wildly inconsistent, he chokes during the big games and isn't going to go out there and win one for you.  He puts up a lot of big numbers when it matters least.  He's a slightly better AD and Kirk Cousins.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks CJD, I know that took some time. I understand the part about him only having 1 season in the NFL a bit, same with
Parsons who is another extremely special player from that Draft. It was a historical rookie season for both of them honestly.

Can't really blame Madden for these ratings as it came from nowhere.

You don't see rookies doing what these two did last season often if ever.

It took some time but I also just enjoy digging through the Madden ratings. I love the game and love seeing our guys' ratings since it gives me a context of how non-Bengals fans view our team :).

I'd be really annoyed if the other transcendent rookies like Pitts and Parsons were 95s and Chase was 87 but since they're all clustered together, I don't mind it. Chase is gonna go off in the first few weeks of the season and he'll be raised to a 90 then. In my Madden 22 file, he's already a 99 X-factor Super star and I'll get him back up there quickly in Madden 23 as well Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2022, 04:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It took some time but I also just enjoy digging through the Madden ratings. I love the game and love seeing our guys' ratings since it gives me a context of how non-Bengals fans view our team :).

I'd be really annoyed if the other transcendent rookies like Pitts and Parsons were 95s and Chase was 87 but since they're all clustered together, I don't mind it. Chase is gonna go off in the first few weeks of the season and he'll be raised to a 90 then. In my Madden 22 file, he's already a 99 X-factor Super star and I'll get him back up there quickly in Madden 23 as well Big Grin

Yeah, the fact that the other couple great talents of that Draft are in the same ball park makes it sting much less.

Chase's rating will rise quickly if he keeps it up no doubt. This is only added motivation for him, DJ and Hendrickson honestly.

Use anything you can to make you the best at what you do. That is in the rules of course.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Dak is so over rated.  He's a slightly better AD and he's nothing without a strong run game.

I gotta disagree with that.

Dalton's career completion % is 62.2%. Dak's is 66.6%.
TD % for Dalton = 4.5%. Prescott 4.9%.
Int % for Dalton = 2.7%. Prescott 1.7%.
AYPA for Dalton = 6.7. Prescott 7.9.
Rating for Dalton = 87.0. Prescott 98.7.

He better than Dalton, for sure.

Is Prescott better than Wilson, Herbert, Jackson, and Stafford though?
Definitely not over Wilson.
Maybe right on par with Herbert, Stafford, and Jackson, although Jackson is a better runner than Prescott.
I'd drop Prescott down to 7 at least, possibly down to as far as 9-10.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Usually with players with such high ratings, its merely a matter of adjusting their “awareness” stat in-game. Like I can take a drafted player with an overall of 75, their “AWR” stat is usually in the super low 70s to early 60s. When I increase this, and this ONLY, his overall score goes up quickly. I bet, once the game is released, you’ll find Chase’s “AWR” in the late 70s to early 80s, being a second year player. Thus effecting his overall rating. I bet all his other stat sliders are spot on.
Reply/Quote