Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made my first radio commercial today
Exactly what the title says. Our company has decided to try and advertise on the radio seeking truck drivers. For those of you who know, this is one of the toughest careers to recruit in. It's not my voice on the radio, only my words. My first write was about 90 seconds. My second 65 seconds, 3rd was 35 seconds. Lot's of editing and seeking the right punch words to bring out the best of our company in 30 seconds. On Monday, it will be aaired for the next 30 days on K99.1fm (country) and WHIO Radio AM/FM. Kind of proud in a little kid sorta way because its the first time I've ever done it. Now I just hope for the payoff as radio advertising isn't cheap. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hope it works out Harley. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 05:55 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hope it works out Harley.   ThumbsUp

I did it all for the Nookie! LOL.

Reply/Quote
Did you put subliminal hints in like Kevin Nealon?
[Image: th?id=OIP.Z0r9BkpqhS1lPhXhHzXJywHaEK&pid...=276&h=156]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hope you get the desired results Harley Dog.
My Dad would say "good stuff ain't cheap" and "cheap stuff ain't good", as I was growing up.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 09:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did you put subliminal hints in like Kevin Nealon?

Subliminal messages in a radio ad? Lol, now there’s a “wish I would have thought of that “ moment. Doubtful I could have made it happen even if I wanted to though.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 06:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I did it all for the Nookie! LOL.

Does someone have a Cookie?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 09:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did you put subliminal hints in like Kevin Nealon?

"You can learn a lot from the Japanese (sneak attack)" Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 01:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Does someone have a Cookie?

LOL... I was jamming to the CD yesterday while downloading the tedious AVG Ultimate package (which takes a staggering 1.5hrs). I kept laughing during that song remembering the other thread we had going about a month or so ago. Simple things is all it takes anymore to amuse me. Friggin smiling right now thinking about it. 

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 01:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: "You can learn a lot from the Japanese (sneak attack)" Hilarious  

Driving your dream(no asshole boss)while releasing your freedom(lot lizards)through all terrains day and night(cocaine)to gaining personal monetary goals(child support).

Apply today!(get on it)
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 05:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:   For those of you who know, this is one of the toughest careers to recruit in. 

Don't know why they never mention that truck stop parking lots offer hookers at inner city prices in a much more safe and secure environment.

If I had known this years ago I would have had a different career.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 08:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know why they never mention that truck stop parking lots offer hookers at inner city prices in a much more safe and secure environment.

If I had known this years ago I would have had a different career.

Fred, your a lawyer. Even hookers won’t sleep with you. Well, unless you tell them some line that you can get them a lot of cash? Or some blow, either one will work I guess?

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 11:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fred, your a lawyer. Even hookers won’t sleep with you. Well, unless you tell them some line that you can get them a lot of cash? Or some blow, either one will work I guess?

Re-read my post.

I never said I would have been a truck driver.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Re-read my post.

I never said I would have been a truck driver.

So you would have been a lot lizard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I am curious, why did you chose those radio stations?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 05:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly what the title says. Our company has decided to try and advertise on the radio seeking truck drivers. For those of you who know, this is one of the toughest careers to recruit in. It's not my voice on the radio, only my words. My first write was about 90 seconds. My second 65 seconds, 3rd was 35 seconds. Lot's of editing and seeking the right punch words to bring out the best of our company in 30 seconds. On Monday, it will be aaired for the next 30 days on K99.1fm (country) and WHIO Radio AM/FM. Kind of proud in a little kid sorta way because its the first time I've ever done it. Now I just hope for the payoff as radio advertising isn't cheap. 

Used to listen to WHIO all of the time back in the day. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am curious, why did you chose those radio stations?

Drivers tend to favor country and western music and politics. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 04:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Drivers tend to favor country and western music and politics. 

Are you trying to poach drivers, or staff new or potential ones? If you are trying to poach them, why should drivers want to leave a known commodity of their current employer for yours? Did you explain that well enough in 30 seconds? You mentioned radio is expensive, why did you venture into radio over other avenues?

Sorry if I come across nosy, I do marketing for a living so I always find this interesting to get people's thoughts and approaches to these things.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 05:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly what the title says. Our company has decided to try and advertise on the radio seeking truck drivers. For those of you who know, this is one of the toughest careers to recruit in. It's not my voice on the radio, only my words. My first write was about 90 seconds. My second 65 seconds, 3rd was 35 seconds. Lot's of editing and seeking the right punch words to bring out the best of our company in 30 seconds. On Monday, it will be aaired for the next 30 days on K99.1fm (country) and WHIO Radio AM/FM. Kind of proud in a little kid sorta way because its the first time I've ever done it. Now I just hope for the payoff as radio advertising isn't cheap. 

That takes me back, about 23 years.  I was working in a radio station, while I finished my degree in Mass Comm.  I was excited, full-time job, salaried position (brace yourself) of a whopping $1200/mo., for the privilege of working 6 days and being on call on Sunday!

Anyway, one of my duties that I really looked forward to was doing the voice overs for the ads that the Sales Staff had sold the previous week.  It was my time to shine, get my voice out there, you know..  So one ad is for a local used car dealer, regular advertiser.  After all of their standard ad crap, they had specials of the week listed.  There must have been 16 vehicles and prices listed.  I'm thinking, "how in the heck am I going to fit all of that, into 30 seconds?".  So, I got creative, used the old reel to reel recorder.  Slowed down the tape to get them all in, using a normal speaking voice.  I did it!  I felt like I had created a masterpiece.

The next day, I come in and there's a memo on my desk.  It read something along the lines of;  Wow, I really appreciate your effort and creativity in getting all of that copy into the 30 second spot.  However, it is not necessary to list every possible special of the week, those are only suggestions to fill the remaining time in the ad.  As it is recorded, you sound like the damn auctioneer at the hog market.  Please redo and upload, immediately.

I was crushed..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am curious, why did you chose those radio stations?

Those channels demographics are poor white trash and he's trying to find truck drivers.  
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote