Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mahle Also To be Traded ?
That's the word after Castillo traded. Mahle pitching tonight and Reds announcers saying probably last time Mahle in a Reds uniform also. Rumors are the Twins or Rangers, but who knows ? I guess we find out soon.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yes, probably will happen as the Reds are piling up prospects for the future.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Hopefully. He’s got value, trade him while we can get something for him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I picked him back up lately in Fantasy Baseball because he is pitching great again lately. So if he goes to a team that wins more games than the Reds do, even better for my Fantasy Team. As for the Reds. they may be putting way too much on the 3 Rookie Pitchers by trading both Castillo and Mahle. Why they paid Mike Minor so much, I do not know. The good thing is I think Minor is just a one year contract. I would rather have Mike Minor who flew the crop duster on Petticoat Junction and married one of the girls in the train water barrel, than have the Mike Minor the Reds have. Heck, I would rather have Uncle Joe moving kind of slow or Sam Drucker than the Reds Mike Minor. With the Reds dumping payroll, it's hard to understand why they brought in Mike Minor and paid him a lot of Millions. That was counter productive. Maybe he is related to The Bell Family.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 02:50 PM)kevin Wrote: With the Reds dumping payroll, it's hard to understand why they brought in Mike Minor and paid him a lot of Millions. That was counter productive. 

I am usually not as critical of the Reds front office as others.  They have actually made quite a few moves and paid out a lot of money over the last few years.  So they are not as cheap and lazy as some fans claim.  They have just made some bad moves and had some bad luck.

But I have no idea why they paid Minor $18 million over 2 years.  Even if they thought they might be contending as soon as next year Minor is 34 and on the way down.  He has not had an ERA under 5.00 since 2019.
Reply/Quote
Mahle had a great game on Saturday, giving up only 2 runs on 5 hits in 6 innings with 0 walks and 7 strikeouts.

It's always good for the players you are trying to trade to have a good final showing/week.

You could say the same for Brandon Drury, who came into yesterday's game and his the game winning home run. He's also hit a very good 0.280/0.379/0.600 with 5 RBIs and 5 runs scored in the last 7 days (25 ABs, 4 walks)

I am hoping we trade both either today or tomorrow and get a nice return of prospects to further bolster our future teams. Hopefully, we will be competitive in 2024 or 2025.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Mahle had a great game on Saturday, giving up only 2 runs on 5 hits in 6 innings with 0 walks and 7 strikeouts.

It's always good for the players you are trying to trade to have a good final showing/week.

You could say the same for Brandon Drury, who came into yesterday's game and his the game winning home run. He's also hit a very good 0.280/0.379/0.600 with 5 RBIs and 5 runs scored in the last 7 days (25 ABs, 4 walks)

I am hoping we trade both either today or tomorrow and get a nice return of prospects to further bolster our future teams. Hopefully, we will be competitive in 2024 or 2025.

Yep

Trade em while they're hot. Drury especially is likely to start coming back to earth soon.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2022, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But I have no idea why they paid Minor $18 million over 2 years.  Even if they thought they might be contending as soon as next year Minor is 34 and on the way down.  He has not had an ERA under 5.00 since 2019.

It was perplexing because Krall talked about shipping out Suarez and Winker for cost savings but then gave the money to Pham and Minor.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It was perplexing because Krall talked about shipping out Suarez and Winker for cost savings but then gave the money to Pham and Minor.

This has been explained before. The Royals weren't the first team to pay someone to take him off their hands.

February 19, 2016: Signed as a Free Agent with the Kansas City Royals.

November 3, 2017: Granted Free Agency.
December 6, 2017: Signed as a Free Agent with the Texas Rangers.
August 31, 2020: Traded by the Texas Rangers with cash to the Oakland Athletics for players to be named later and future considerations. The Oakland Athletics sent Dustin Harris (minors) (September 18, 2020) and Marcus Smith (minors) (September 18, 2020) to the Texas Rangers to complete the trade.
October 28, 2020: Granted Free Agency.
December 1, 2020: Signed as a Free Agent with the Kansas City Royals.
March 16, 2022: Traded by the Kansas City Royals with cash to the Cincinnati Reds for Amir Garrett.

As far as I'm concerned, he helped get a headache out of town. He's pitched pretty well as of late after a tough start but this team will need him after they trade Mahle because Overton won't be back until September.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 05:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote:

These three players boast some pretty insane stats right now:

Quote:Steer had a .269 batting average and a .361 on-base percentage in 83 games between Double-A and Triple-A this year with 23 doubles, 20 homers and 62 RBI. The 24-year-old has experience at shortstop, third base and second base, and he’s known for his contact-oriented approach with 42 walks to 66 strikeouts.

Hajjar, a 21-year-old listed at 6-foot-5, 215 pounds, had a 2.47 ERA in 12 starts at Single-A with 71 strikeouts and 22 walks in 43 2/3 innings. Opposing hitters have a .168 batting average against him. 

Encarnacion-Strand, 22, was batting .302 with 25 doubles, 25 homers and 85 RBI in 87 games between High-A and Double-A. He's a 6-foot, 224-pound right-handed hitter with a .374 on-base percentage. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2022/08/02/reds-trade-tyler-mahle-minnesota-twins-ahead-trade-deadline/10181687002/

All three of these players seem to be ascending players, as their stats do not match their rankings in the Twin's systems. I think all three are in the midst of break out seasons, so you could argue the Twins are selling high on them. They are in the early 20s, so there isn't as much projection required for these 3 as there were for the prospects from the Naquin and Castillo trades, but they certainly seem like solid additions to the farm system and could be up in the majors within a year or 2.
Reply/Quote
Not as bullish on this as I was about the Castillo return, but Steer and Strand look to be trending up. I suppose with Drury gone, Steer could come straight to Cincinnati considering his age.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 05:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Not as bullish on this as I was about the Castillo return, but Steer and Strand look to be trending up. I suppose with Drury gone, Steer could come straight to Cincinnati considering his age.

Mahle shouldn’t get the kind of return Castillo did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote