Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mahomes-AFC Championship-Played not to lose
(08-08-2022, 07:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Cant wait to see Patricks face and hear his excuse on December 4th when he loses for a 3rd time within a years time to Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

[Image: FKZBltPWYAATouw.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 05:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Talk about a hot take. 

How horrible of a game manager can a Head Coach be if he's had 18 winning seasons in 23 years, 11 Division titles, 8 Conference Championship games, has been to 3 Super Bowls, is 5th all time for coaching wins, 3rd all time for playoff wins, and is a first ballot Hall of Famer??

How many 2 possession or more leads has he blown?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 07:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How many 2 possession or more leads has he blown?

any coach who has coached for as long as Reid has a lot of blown games
Reply/Quote
Not sure if this has been said but that's pretty much how Marvin coached in '09 (not to lose) because we'd get out to a lead and then run dive, dive, curl, punt and then Palmer had to save us with the two-minute drill.

I'm hoping we'll find a mix where we can control the clock with the run game once we're up but also get first downs and move the chains. We don't need to run the ball every play but we also don't need to go downfield every drive.

Short and medium passes are just as good as runs sometimes.
Reply/Quote
That offense had some elite weapons and possibly the best young qb in the game. I feel like Mahomes gets flustered if things don't go his way for an a few sets of downs. he's so used to blowing people out that he doesn't quite know what to do when momentum shifts and the main targets get taken away. He's lethal when he's patient and takes what the defense gives, but he opens himself up to a lot of mistakes when he starts looking for the big play on every down. I think the Bengals were in his head by the middle of the third quarter. It felt like they were getting smoked by 4 TDs for 2 quarters, but when you looked up at the actual score, It wasn't quite the safe lead that it felt like.
Reply/Quote
I would say they just didn't play well enough to win..
Reply/Quote
Beat'em........TWICE...both huge games. Excuses are over. Time to move on.

Chiefs aren't doing themselves any favors by reliving the past.

As the saying goes, "if you keep looking behind you, you'll never reach the goal in front of you".

Love that the Bengals are looking ahead and not behind surrounding last year's SB!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:50 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Beat'em........TWICE...both huge games.  Excuses are over.  Time to move on.

As the saying goes, "if you keep looking behind you, you'll never reach the goal in front of you".

Love that the Bengals are looking ahead and not behind surrounding last year's SB!

Yep, gotta put it behind you and move on.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 11:50 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Beat'em........TWICE...both huge games.  Excuses are over.  Time to move on.

Yep. How many times did Bengals players and fans opine that we were the better team even though we lost?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if Lou had "figured out" how to shut down Mahommes the second half of the regular season game then Patrick would not have smoked our asses the first half of the playoff game.

Mahommes admitted that he choked, and the film backs it up.  Kurt Warner did a very detailed breakdown and he showed that Mahommes often had receivers running open or running lanes he could have utilized, but he made a bunch of poor decisions.

We were dropping 8 on plays in the first half and it was not slowing him down.

I never said Lou had "figured out" how to shut down Mahomes. I said is was a masterful plan that our player's executed to 
near perfection. Sure, Mahomes missed some open guys but that doesn't take away what our Defense did to him, there is a 
reason he was missing guys and part of that was the Defense confusing him.

We dropped 8 like twice as much in the second half and if you say it had nothing to do with Mahomes poor play you are crazy.

(08-08-2022, 06:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There's a reason why Mahomes was 'choking' in the 2nd half. Not only did the Bengals drop 8 almost twice as much as they did in the 1st half, but they were also continually, and very effectively, passing off coverage. Even when it appeared he had someone was open, Mahomes was not trusting what he saw. What Lou and the D did in the 2nd half was confuse the hell out him. There's a reason he looked like a deer in the headlights rookie. It's because he couldn't figure out what the hell he was seeing.

Spot on Holic. Passing off coverage really messed with his head. Was a thing of beauty honestly.

Cannot believe Fred couldn't see it, oh wait, yes I can lol

(08-08-2022, 07:21 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Cant wait to see Patricks face and hear his excuse on December 4th when he loses for a 3rd time within a years time to Joe Burrow and the Bengals.

Smirk
Reply/Quote

True that Graphicguy, true that. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 07:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: How many 2 possession or more leads has he blown?

Not many. He has 24 two possession blown leads in his head coaching career, including playoff games. That is 404 games. 
Reply/Quote
It's like how prevent defense prevents you from winning.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to them over again at the end of the year. We’re going to take the top off of that Swiss cheese defense. Mahomes is a good, not great quarterback and you know what? That statement right there. No accountability. Imagine Brady saying that? Not a chance. When they lose, he owns it and credits the other team. Mahomes is a sore loser.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on Holic. Passing off coverage really messed with his head. Was a thing of beauty honestly.

Cannot believe Fred couldn't see it, oh wait, yes I can lol

I didn't see it.  Kurt Warner did.

Our defense the second half did not work because we took away all his receivers and running lanes.  It worked because Mahommes made a lot of bad decisions.   If dropping 8 was the secret answer then it would have worked better in the first half.

Reply/Quote
I know what happened..Right before Eli smacked whatsisface down on the 1 I had been considering going fishing and mentally telegraphed that to Mahomes mind.. My secret fishing mind meld trick.. It worked against Seattle with Andy too.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
OK, clearly I am biased because Bills fans hate the Chiefs and their newly minted entitled "New England-esque" fans, but there is NO WAY what Mahomes is saying is true. And if he believes it, then he is instantly the most unlikeable guy in the league (that didn't commit a felony)

This is the old cry-baby loser revisionist history take. "they didn't win, we lost" "the Americans didn't win, we just shouldn't have invaded the USSR" - Nazis.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I didn't see it.  Kurt Warner did.

Our defense the second half did not work because we took away all his receivers and running lanes.  It worked because Mahommes made a lot of bad decisions.   If dropping 8 was the secret answer then it would have worked better in the first half.

I like Kurt Warner, great dude, but I watched this before and it doesn't prove anything I said wrong Fred.

He is looking at it as a QB and sure, Mahomes could of made better throws and made better decisions...

Doesn't change the fact it was the biggest game of the year for him, and our Defense....

JUST...
GOT...
IN...
HIS...
HEAD. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 11:34 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: OK, clearly I am biased because Bills fans hate the Chiefs and their newly minted entitled "New England-esque" fans, but there is NO WAY what Mahomes is saying is true. And if he believes it, then he is instantly the most unlikeable guy in the league (that didn't commit a felony)

This is the old cry-baby loser revisionist history take. "they didn't win, we lost" "the Americans didn't win, we just shouldn't have invaded the USSR" - Nazis.

Rock on BillsGuy.  Rock On

Hilarious
Reply/Quote