Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahommes vs. Burrow...
[Image: CXnXvCc.jpg]

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:29 PM)Nepa Wrote: If we are going to get upset with fans calling Burrow's name incorrectly (as Burrows), then we need to get Mahomes name right. 

Big difference because either way it sounds the same. There are exactly 0 S’ in Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:22 PM)thillan Wrote: I think this is his kryptonite - in clutch moments, he wants the bomb. He had Kelce wide open at the end of the game to get close to the goal line, and maybe even score, but he wanted the touchdown. Hubbard sacks him.

In OT, he had Kelce AGAIN open, but instead wanted the bomb to Hill. Picked. He is incredible, no doubt. But Joe Cool seems to always make the right play.

He had more than just Kelce open on multiple misses. The D just got in his head and made him afraid to throw on a lot of the downs.. Not so incredible after all. JoeyB is the incredible one. Mahomes shouldn't even be in the same conversation as Joe and I think that will be the talk going forward.. Who Dey Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:22 PM)thillan Wrote: I think this is his kryptonite - in clutch moments, he wants the bomb. He had Kelce wide open at the end of the game to get close to the goal line, and maybe even score, but he wanted the touchdown. Hubbard sacks him.

In OT, he had Kelce AGAIN open, but instead wanted the bomb to Hill. Picked. He is incredible, no doubt. But Joe Cool seems to always make the right play.

Nice observation, Pat was impatient, and it bit him and his team. Joe took what the D gave him and that is a big reason we won.

As another poster said, Mahomes could of ran for some first downs too, instead he wanted to go deep and he either got sacked or
nearly threw INT's and then he did throw THE INT that gave us the game. So awesome to have a 2nd year QB who plays like a 10 
year veteran.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys know how are KC fans handling this loss?

The true fans or the toxic bandwagoneers?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:46 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The true fans or the toxic bandwagoneers?

True fans are looking at the Draft and Free Agency

Bandwagoneers are buying Rams Gear
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

He doesn't want to lay a bunt down and get the runner over to second. He wants the Grand Slam or nothing.

Although Joe cool almost fudged up when he tossed the ball away and it almost got picked! He will absolutely never do that again!
Reply/Quote
I do think fame is starting to work on Mahomes, do think we have already seen his best days.

I do expect Burrows to surpass him in the next couple seasons, he will be considered to be the superior QB.

Russell Wilson
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Mathew Stafford
Patrick Mahomes
Derek Carr
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:04 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: I do think fame is starting to work on Mahomes,  do think we have already seen his best days.

I do expect Burrows to surpass him in the next couple seasons, he will be considered to be the superior QB.

Russell Wilson
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Mathew Stafford
Patrick Mahomes
Derek Carr

what did Russell Wilson do this year to be on this list?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what did Russell Wilson do this year to be on this list?

Couldn't do much with a broken finger,  and was talking his past and what to expect in the future,  the guy is a great QB.
Reply/Quote
Mahomes has never beaten Burrow in the playoffs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The fact that we seem to match up well with KC (after the Bills tried so hard to build their team last offseason to beat them in the playoffs) is a good sign for the future as far as playoff go.

Not trying to judge Mahomes based off of one half, but he really was trying to do too much and it was crindgeworthy. If he's not careful Allen and Burrow may surpass him as the top QB in the AFC. Making plays when they break down like Burrow did is highlight worthy, trying to make plays like they are breaking down when they aren't is doing too much.

I think Mahomes believes in his hype too much and plays for the highlight play instead of letting them come to him naturally like Burrow did escaping pressure to make plays on the run and with his legs.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mahomes has never beaten Burrow in the playoffs.

It is just going to get harder as well for Mahomes with his contract the Chiefs will not be able to pay everybody.

That was the best roster he is ever going to have playing against Burrow. 

Some of the best Chiefs players will not be able to be paid. There will be holes on that roster for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mahomes has never beaten Burrow in the playoffs.

Tom Brady and Joe Burrow. Only 2 QB’s that have beaten Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tom Brady and Joe Burrow. Only 2 QB’s that have beaten Patrick Mahomes in the playoffs.

Yes sir. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is just going to get harder as well for Mahomes with his contract the Chiefs will not be able to pay everybody.

That was the best roster he is ever going to have playing against Burrow. 

Some of the best Chiefs players will not be able to be paid. There will be holes on that roster for years to come.

Yeah I just read that his cap hit hasn't been very big yet, but starting next year it's going to be a lot bigger.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burrow with an O-line starting next season is a dangerous man.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow picking up those 3 1st downs with his legs were huge. Those were plays he might have normally been able to hit Uzomah on a check down, but obviously that wasn’t available. And I’d rather have Burrow run it than pass to Sample. Tongue

Sample is a pretty sure-handed receiver but he doesn't have the speed of Uzo to challenge the LBs.  Wilcox does, but I have seen so little of him I don't know what to make of him.  I guess Moss is done with injury.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 06:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I just read that his cap hit hasn't been very big yet, but starting next year it's going to be a lot bigger.

Wait till we have to Pay Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 10:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wait till we have to Pay Burrow.

With me it was more like how is KC paying all these guys including a new O line with Mahomes salary.  I didn't realize it didn't really kick in until 2022.

Reply/Quote