Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Joe Mixon our #1 RB
Make Joe Mixon our #1 RB and give him 20+ carries a week...........

Trade Jeremy Hill for whatever we can before the deadline, we won't resign him......

Make Gio our 3rd down back occasionally and a couple of series a game....

Our RB by committee plan isn't working....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:16 AM)corpjet Wrote: Make Joe Mixon our #1 RB and give him 20+ carries a week...........

Trade Jeremy Hill for whatever we can before the deadline, we won't resign him......

How dare you use logic! This makes way too much sense hence the Bengals will not do it.
Reply/Quote
The issue is there are plenty of running backs that will tell you they are rhythm runners. They have to get into a groove over multiple carries, but with us pulling ours every other series none of them can get going. It looks like it is blowing up in New Orleans too with probably a better set of backs. The only place it works is in NE and frankly there are a lot of things that only ever seem to work there.
Reply/Quote
Mixon + gio is a good combo.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:29 AM)Okeana Wrote: Mixon + gio is a good combo.

Mixon + a cohesive offensive line might be a hair better.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I've been saying how much I hate the RB by committee approach all week. Simply put, it doesn't work. As others have said, RBs cannot get into a rhythm like that. Hell, I honestly don't care if they pick Mixon, Gio or Hill as the starter. Just pick one, and stick with them. It really isn't that hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:16 AM)corpjet Wrote: Make Joe Mixon our #1 RB and give him 20+ carries a week...........

Picking the right one of the 3 to get the bulk of the carries is problem #7642 with this team right now.  Mixon, Hill, Gio - they CAN all be successful.  They WON'T be successful consistently behind this Oline.  Pick one, great.  But don't expect it to make much of a difference.  Would love to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:00 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I've been saying how much I hate the RB by committee approach all week. Simply put, it doesn't work. As others have said, RBs cannot get into a rhythm like that. Hell, I honestly don't care if they pick Mixon, Gio or Hill as the starter. Just pick one, and stick with them. It really isn't that hard.

This.   Really I haven't been all that impressed with Mixon.   He hasn't really looked that much better than Hill.  Give any of the three some daylight and they'll do some damage.  Give them a steady diet and they'll get in a groove.

But they don't get a lot of daylight.  And Gio's the only one who'll consistently go north and south.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The 2017 RB rotation is working just about as well as the 2016 RT rotation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Choose a RB? I'm guessing that Marvin will figure that out around week 13.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:39 AM)matmaven Wrote: Picking the right one of the 3 to get the bulk of the carries is problem #7642 with this team right now.  Mixon, Hill, Gio - they CAN all be successful.  They WON'T be successful consistently behind this Oline.  Pick one, great.  But don't expect it to make much of a difference.  Would love to be proven wrong.

Well Mixon was averaging 4 yards a carry with a long of only 7 meaning he was making it work last night. Making JJ Watt miss in the backfield while taking the hand off is what whoever the HB of this team needs to be able to do. A HB on this team isn't going to be the league leader in rushing with this line, but Joe Mixon has the ability to turn in some good performances if we give him a chance.
Reply/Quote
Just look at our backs body language, they get a touch then come right off the field and you can just see the frustration in their body language and zampese is so predictable at this point if one of the backs have a good run, next play we line right up in a basic running formation, turn around hand if off to the same back again. He gets stuffed, then comes out. It's like, you have a good run you stay in and immediately get it again, bad run, you're immediately out. Even if it's the lines fault, bad carry you're out, next guy in. How on earth can any of those backs get a rythem,
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line is worse at run blocking than pass blocking. Mixon is going to have a terrible year as the starter. I think they do need to limit his carries or they'll ruin him.
Reply/Quote

With no OFFENSIVE LINE, you will be cloning him into a Corey Dillon by the time the season is over. Hmm
Reply/Quote
picking your second best play maker drafted in the last 10 years to play full-time makes no sense because he is a rookie.

Don't you understand Marv ball?

Those silly Chiefs and Jags- what are they thinking playing their rookie RBs full-time?
Reply/Quote