Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs
(05-11-2021, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: There has been too much negativity this offseason with the Bengals. Positive things are on the way, have you seen the changes from our front office this offseason so far. It has been tremendous. We picked up a guard in Reiff that will dramatically change this offensive line under Pollack. With the addition of Carman to guard and a healthy Williams we are looking at a fresh revamped line to protect Joe Burrow.

And speaking of, Chase to Burrow this season? It wont get better than this. We are talking LSU magic in stripes.

Now how can you not be excited about this? Yes, Zac struggled his first two seasons but with a sub par offensive line, how could he actually carry out his guru offensive minded plays? He was shackled, shackled I tell you under Jim Turners OL. Now he will have a playbook that will light up the NFL.

With a healthy defense we will also be able to see The Italian sausage himself, Lou Anarumo carry out his vision of what a 21st century defense looks like. I'm telling you its magic, magic!!!

And finally with a front office and Elizabeth Blackburn selling those HOT HOT HOT new jerseys we will all have something to wear on game day to cheer our favorite team on. Now get that credit card out and place your order. Don't forget to throw a hat in to boot! ThumbsUp

Now Who is with me? WHO DEY 2021 all the way to this year's Super Bowl!!!   *

*I hijacked GodFather's account this is really DennyG posting, the original BB Gangsta. WhoDey!!!!!

Well done GF, well done. Smirk

But even in your sarcasm you make good points. The Zac and The Italian Sausage bit is where it went over the top lol
Reply/Quote
The offense and defense has nowhere to go but up!

Reiff will be an upgrade over Hart!
Carman will be better than Redmond!
LG will be better now with XSF fully healthy and Spain getting a full offseason!
Jonah will be even better this year with experience under his belt!
Chase will be an improvement over 2020 Green!
Uzomah will be back!

The DL has Reader back and a non-injured UT in Ogunjobi!
They now have Hendrickson, who actually gets sacks rather than pressures!
Ossai will be a big boost to the rotation!
Wilson will be better with a year under his belt!
With Waynes back and the additions of Awuzie and Hilton, the Bengals will have as good or better of a DB crop as they had last year!

DOUBLE-DIGIT WINS, HERE WE COME!!! Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

(Did I do that right?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: (Did I do that right?)

You forgot to mention 

FRANK POLLACK BEST O-LINE COACH EVER! THE LINE IS GOOD NOW!
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The offense and defense has nowhere to go but up!

Reiff will be an upgrade over Hart!
Carman will be better than Redmond!
LG will be better now with XSF fully healthy and Spain getting a full offseason!
Jonah will be even better this year with experience under his belt!
Chase will be an improvement over 2020 Green!
Uzomah will be back!

The DL has Reader back and a non-injured UT in Ogunjobi!
They now have Hendrickson, who actually gets sacks rather than pressures!
Ossai will be a big boost to the rotation!
Wilson will be better with a year under his belt!
With Waynes back and the additions of Awuzie and Hilton, the Bengals will have as good or better of a DB crop as they had last year!

DOUBLE-DIGIT WINS, HERE WE COME!!!  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey

(Did I do that right?)

Yes, you did it right without going over the top lol
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: In all seriousness, this team is going to be lucky to win 6 games this year tops. They did not do enough this offseason to address the MOST important thing, offensive line.

For the life of me I don't understand where the thought process is on this.

1) Protect the most important asset this team acquired in over a decade Joe Burrow. Protect Protect Protect your most valuable asset!!

2) If I was the head coach and offensive play caller on the team I would want to make sure I had an offensive line that would allow for my plays to develop and I could actually open up my playbook. If my QB is getting sacked 2 seconds after snap, those plays are going to be very limited with he lack of time for plays to develop into something.

3) Mike Brown's stubbornness hasn't mellowed over the years. I cant tell you how off-putting it was for him to put the Bengals failures there past two offseasons on the fans. "You asked for change and hear it is" What kind of bullshit talk is that from a person who controls the team?

I think Chase is going to be a great player, the Bengals had options and feel if they were going after Chase all along they should've done more in FA to acquire a proven offensive lineman. Reiff was a good pickup but signing a 32 year old isn't close to enough fixing this line. 

And I'm not going to even start with them keeping Lou Anarumo around for another season, I don't know what crack pipe was up the front offices ass on the decision keeping him around for a 3rd season after his previous 2 outings as a DC. Ridiculous.

Agree completely, I can't believe they didn't do more to try to protect Burrow.  If Burrow gets injured again, the Bengals are going to be the laughing stock of the league for not drafting Sewell, or at least doing more in free agency.  Reiff addition was great but the entire interior OL is a big question mark still.  I just can't see this ending well, best case scenario we will be lucky if Burrow can survive the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: In all seriousness, this team is going to be lucky to win 6 games this year tops. They did not do enough this offseason to address the MOST important thing, offensive line.

1) Protect the most important asset this team acquired in over a decade Joe Burrow. Protect Protect Protect your most valuable asset!!

2) If I was the head coach and offensive play caller on the team I would want to make sure I had an offensive line that would allow for my plays to develop and I could actually open up my playbook. If my QB is getting sacked 2 seconds after snap, those plays are going to be very limited with he lack of time for plays to develop into something.

3) Mike Brown's stubbornness hasn't mellowed over the years. I cant tell you how off-putting it was for him to put the Bengals failures there past two offseasons on the fans. "You asked for change and hear it is" What kind of bullshit talk is that from a person who controls the team?

I think Chase is going to be a great player, the Bengals had options and feel if they were going after Chase all along they should've done more in FA to acquire a proven offensive lineman. Reiff was a good pickup but signing a 32 year old isn't close to enough fixing this line. 

And I'm not going to even start with them keeping Lou Anarumo around for another season, I don't know what crack pipe was up the front offices ass on the decision keeping him around for a 3rd season after his previous 2 outings as a DC. Ridiculous.

As usual, I'm right there with ya. This team taking Chase over Sewell was like a kid reaching past his broccoli to grab a snickers bar. Sure, it's more exciting, but was it really better for us? And I could've justified that if we'd gone full bore into free agency to fix the line. We didn't.

And yes, Sweet Lou is what we thought he was, and we let him off the hook. Again. Oh, and Zac has shown nothing. Went 2-7-1 with Joe Burrow. But hey, those new jerseys with Chase #1 will look siiiick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im just gonna say this,

The people most positive about the team having great success in 2021, and thinking the Bengals have a shot at the postseason

will also be the loudest ones crying about "FIRE X, FIRE Y"

I've seen it all too many times

and I'll be laughing

I admit, that will be me lol

Already called for Taylor and company's heads if we don't make the Playoffs and win a game.

Still, got to ride with the horse you got until shit hits the fan.

There are positives about this Offseason, lots of them. Doesn't matter if the coaching still sucks.

3) Mike Brown's stubbornness hasn't mellowed over the years. I cant tell you how off-putting it was for him to put the Bengals failures the past two offseasons on the fans. "You asked for change and hear it is" What kind of bullshit talk is that from a person who controls the team?

I understand all your thoughts but we might of fixed the O-line with Reiff, Carman, bringing back Spain along with Pollack.

I just wish I was more sure of it.

I will never understand bringing back Lou even if his DL was decimated by injuries last season. The D is bad even when he 
had good players on it. Had to fix the pass rush to get after QB's just the same as protecting our own. Hopefully the Hobby
hire helps here and Lou is replaced by Cioffi if the D under Lou still sucks.

One thing I have to say is you have to have a solution that is realistic in protecting Burrow while having enough dough to 
improve the pass rush. Reiff was a great grab as he gave up less sacks and had less penalties than both Thuney and Orlando
Brown last season, I know Reiff is older, but he is damn good vet for us and I don't think Sewell would even start at OT if we
drafted him. He would start at Guard, same place as Carman most likely. We wouldn't of had other players in these situations.

We will see how it pans out. There are lots of ways we could of went that I would of liked, but I like the way we went too.

I have asked some of the most negative posters around here what they would of done and some thoughts are not realistic.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: too early for 150 proof koolaid

Never too early for 150 proof anything.

(05-11-2021, 10:35 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: So you're saying there's a chance! Yes.  Let's go.  Who Dey.  lmao.

Yes, 150 proof kickin in fast.

(05-12-2021, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Damn, Sunset...I don't ever remember you being this pessimistic.  

It's an eclipse - he'll be back to normal in no time.

(05-12-2021, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just tired from years of success.

Minor edit - But agree. Our success has been exhausting.

(05-12-2021, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im just gonna say this,

Who Dey!

(05-12-2021, 02:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You forgot to mention 

FRANK POLLACK BEST O-LINE COACH EVER! THE LINE IS GOOD NOW!

Now your getting it! Koolaid's pretty tasty.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Damn, Sunset...I don't ever remember you being this pessimistic.  

(05-12-2021, 06:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's an eclipse - he'll be back to normal in no time.

Give that dog some rep for this one.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 03:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As usual, I'm right there with ya. This team taking Chase over Sewell was like a kid reaching past his broccoli to grab a snickers bar. Sure, it's more exciting, but was it really better for us? And I could've justified that if we'd gone full bore into free agency to fix the line. We didn't.

And yes, Sweet Lou is what we thought he was, and we let him off the hook. Again. Oh, and Zac has shown nothing. Went 2-7-1 with Joe Burrow. But hey, those new jerseys with Chase #1 will look siiiick.

Every time I see a #1 jersey I think "so that's what it would look like if Garo Yeppremian signed for that team, eh?"
Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic about this season, but this is cringe. The Bengals can significantly outperform expectations and still be a clearly worse team than numerous Super Bowl contenders.
Reply/Quote
Quote:Just tired from years of emotional investment, only to be let down repeatedly.
C'mon.. You'll get used to it.. Drink a lot of prune juice. It makes it easier to crap.
That would be a great promotion on game days.. FREE PRUNE JUICE! Fans can crap the bed right along with the Cincinnati Bengals!  .  Not that they've ever done such a thing in the past...give away prune juice.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Every time I see a #1 jersey I think "so that's what it would look like if Garo Yeppremian signed for that team, eh?"

Tbh I had no idea who this was, but boy am I glad I looked him up. 

[Image: 5740f98c0693ae54825cc4cfbc4ff945.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I had no idea who this was, but boy am I glad I looked him up. 

"I kicked a touchdown!"
Reply/Quote
I’m bored too
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: There has been too much negativity this offseason with the Bengals. Positive things are on the way, have you seen the changes from our front office this offseason so far. It has been tremendous. We picked up a guard in Reiff that will dramatically change this offensive line under Pollack. With the addition of Carman to guard and a healthy Williams we are looking at a fresh revamped line to protect Joe Burrow.

And speaking of, Chase to Burrow this season? It wont get better than this. We are talking LSU magic in stripes.

Now how can you not be excited about this? Yes, Zac struggled his first two seasons but with a sub par offensive line, how could he actually carry out his guru offensive minded plays? He was shackled, shackled I tell you under Jim Turners OL. Now he will have a playbook that will light up the NFL.

With a healthy defense we will also be able to see The Italian sausage himself, Lou Anarumo carry out his vision of what a 21st century defense looks like. I'm telling you its magic, magic!!!

And finally with a front office and Elizabeth Blackburn selling those HOT HOT HOT new jerseys we will all have something to wear on game day to cheer our favorite team on. Now get that credit card out and place your order. Don't forget to throw a hat in to boot! ThumbsUp

Now Who is with me? WHO DEY 2021 all the way to this year's Super Bowl!!!   *

*I hijacked GodFather's account this is really DennyG posting, the original BB Gangsta. WhoDey!!!!!

I would LOOOOVE to have some of whatever you're smoking!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I had no idea who this was, but boy am I glad I looked him up. 

Duuuuuuuude.....he only committed the biggest Super Bowl blooper reel of all time!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

How could you NOT know who Garo Yeppremian was?
My dad was a huge admirer of both him and George Blanda for still playing in their 40s.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 01:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I would LOOOOVE to have some of whatever you're smoking!

You can if you have the cash for it Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 07:37 PM)GodFather Wrote: You can if you have the cash for it Ninja

I have a feeling Tomkat didn't catch your sarcasm. Smirk
Reply/Quote