Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Roddy White a Bengal
(03-02-2016, 11:06 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Roddy White would be a perfect fit for the Bengals.

Screw Marvin Jones. Let his sexy little mixed ass go somewhere is with his inflated self.

Roddy White is a veteren who can compliment Green and Eifert like he did with Julio and Tony G. It's a match made in heaven for at least one year, which is all we need to win a championshiP!

What the hell is wrong with you?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:06 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Roddy White would be a perfect fit for the Bengals.

Screw Marvin Jones. Let his sexy little mixed ass go somewhere is with his inflated self.

Roddy White is a veteren who can compliment Green and Eifert like he did with Julio and Tony G. It's a match made in heaven for at least one year, which is all we need to win a championshiP!

If you're bringing in White, you might as well keep Sanu. Sanu is faster and younger, and White already struggles to get open, Marvin Jones has great speed and attacks the ball. How Soon They Forget on these boards. As soon as Jones leaves, and White plays his 1 year here, we'll be looking for another number 2 receiver and complaining.. YellowDisciple you're nuts!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
No thanks to Roddy Roddy White.  Just another A. Bryant or L. Coles.  Washed up.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 03:30 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: If you're bringing in White, you might as well keep Sanu. Sanu is faster and younger, and White already struggles to get open, Marvin Jones has great speed and attacks the ball. How Soon They Forget on these boards. As soon as Jones leaves, and White plays his 1 year here, we'll be looking for another number 2 receiver and complaining.. YellowDisciple you're nuts!

not for sure White is washed up i know he had a few injuries but it seemed more to the fact he was being phased out of the offense as julio took over.
Reply/Quote
MJ sees an opportunity for a big payday and a bit of fame.. Nothing wrong with that.. He has value. It might not be as much as he thinks and very few people ever do undervalue themselves on the big stage... Some people think this all works in a vaccume. It doesn't. Marvin Jones isn't knocking on your door begging you to pay extra for a ticket so he can get paid more.. He has an agent like every player and most players now have corporate sponsors of sorts to manage all kinds of nonsense from marketing to events they're scheduled to attend and on and on.
We all see the press releases of how much player X cares about the community and how they help crippled orphans and busloads of nuns and all that.. It's called marketing just like how much the NFL cares about breast cancer so players wear pink. I hate to break the news to anyone, but that's all about trying to sell "gear" to women. The NFL as an organization care about breast cancer about like we all care about the embossed patterns on toilet paper. It's about public perception and making money. They want market share and players also want market share.. Last time I checked they call it capitalism.. Roddy White in exchange for MJ? Man, you should bottle that and sell it in head shops..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 03:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not for sure White is washed up i know he had a few injuries but it seemed more to the fact he was being phased out of the offense as julio took over.

White was phased out by Shenanhan, not Julio. White and Jones were a great tandem for most of his career.

He did it with Jones and Gonzales. No reason he can't with Green and Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 03:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not for sure White is washed up i know he had a few injuries but it seemed more to the fact he was being phased out of the offense as julio took over.

Great, so now we are going to let a guy who knows our system, and who is pretty helpful when he's on the field walk so "we" can save a few million bucks, sign a guy who has "was PHASED OUT of his last team" on his resume, and STILL hear how we can't sign free agents because we have to stay 10 million under the cap to "sign our own."

Oy, the spin is powerful this time o' year!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: White is done. He couldn't get open opposite Julio, he isn't getting open here. Do we really need a thread every time someone people have heard of gets cut?

Agreed. Sadly White isn't nearly the WR he used to be.

I'd rather draft a WR...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
White shredded our Bengals just a year or two ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 11:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Great, so now we are going to let a guy who knows our system, and who is pretty helpful when he's on the field walk so "we" can save a few million bucks, sign a guy who has "was PHASED OUT of his last team" on his resume, and STILL hear how we can't sign free agents because we have to stay 10 million under the cap to "sign our own."

Oy, the spin is powerful this time o' year!

Wasnt suggesting we let anyone walk.

But when we are talking 3rd or 4th receiving option on the team how much do you want to spend.

AJ Green and Eifert are the Obvious 1 2 punch

if both WRs get away at least one will be addressed in the draft and the other most likely free agency.

White might no longer be a #1 or maybe not even a #2 option but he wouldnt have to be here.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 12:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wasnt suggesting we let anyone walk.

But when we are talking 3rd or 4th receiving option on the team how much do you want to spend.

Sorry, I didn't mean YOU specifically.  And when it comes to spending on a 3rd or 4th WR I guess I'd rather spend money on a guy we know is effective and knows our system than money on an unproved, maybe washed-up vet, or spend draft picks on a brand new hole we created by letting WRs walk.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, but the homers will claim that letting Jones go is the right thing to do because he's a diva for wanting to be a #1 WR.  We save money to "sign our own" but if our own guys think they can get paid...well, to hell with 'em!  Give us a washed-up vet!

Normally?  No.  But the context of the message leads me to believe he meant it in a derogatory manner.

What context? The context being free agency, where he is likely to demand a high payday (hence the "inflated self" portion of my OP)?

Get over yourself. It was a light hearted comment.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 10:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Get over yourself. It was a light hearted comment.

Get over what?  I'm just pointing out that your light-hearted comment was pretty asinine.  Sorry, I figured a guy like you would appreciate me telling it like it is, but hey let's giggle and put on the kids gloves then! 
Reply/Quote