Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a blockbuster trade Mike Brown!!!
It’s not too late to salvage this season!!

We need a Right Tackle. We need one now!!!
We probably need a RG too. Place AJ and a/some picks on the trade block and get Joe Burrito some protection otherwise he’s refried beans. You can’t risk this further. If he gets injured for any length of time you’ll lose this fan base and trust me, with the protection he’s currently experiencing, he’s getting hurt. You can say the hits he takes are rookie mistakes, but that’s very short sighted. He’s gonna get hurt Mike, please take measures to limit this possibility now. You cannot wait!!!

Btw, tell your coach you can’t win having your rookie QB throw 60 damn times a game ... 30 in the first half!!! So it wasn’t because we were behind ... it is a flaw in planning.

(I know the team doesn’t read these, just venting a bit).
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I don't think AJ Green is tradeable.

How many teams have the room to take on that amount of cap space? And even if they do, who would want him right now at the price?

For those that want to move AJ, your best hope he starts playing like he used to, and that somebody will rent him the 2nd half of the season for 8 mil.

Honestly, I think we're stuck with him. I don't see him coming close to what he once was, and I give about a 30% chance of even staying healthy. I don't think he has any value on the trade market, now or at the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:08 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't think AJ Green is tradeable.

How many teams have the room to take on that amount of cap space? And even if they do, who would want him right now at the price?

For those that want to move AJ, your best hope he starts playing like he used to, and that somebody will rent him the 2nd half of the season for 8 mil.

Honestly, I think we're stuck with him. I don't see him coming close to what he once was, and I give about a 30% chance of even staying healthy. I don't think he has any value on the trade market, now or at the trade deadline.

Yeah trading AJ is probably off the table. Doesn’t mean they can’t trade some picks or something. They put themselves up against the wall here. They thought they’d need some quality at receiver but they underestimated a real QB’s ability to make decent receivers look good or even great! What a shit show!

Then they have to think of some other way to get a proven right side blocker. Even if it means overpaying a bit. As long as they get value I’d consider 2 first round picks for the right blocker or two. They have to do something now. You get AJ of the books next season. They can get creative.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Can we just put/use a 6th offensive lineman near the RT side as a workaround until something more viable comes along? Sure, it makes for one less pass-catcher in the pattern, but it offers more protection and may give a little more push to the running game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think AJ will eventually be OK.I believe that him and Burrow will work it out.Stop and think.How long has it been since AJ had played a single snap prior to this? No preseason.In injured in training camp.AJ is very competitive.I believe very soon he’ll become an impact player again.Look at his new Quarterback.This guy comes in as a rookie playing his second NFL game,on the road, in a short week,no pre-season,and put up over 300 yards,on 61 attempts,with no interceptions,3 TD’s,converts 5 of 5 on fourth downs.WoW !!! AJ should be motivated.
Reply/Quote
This is the year to trade picks away. We already are not very good in the scouting department, not even having a full season and getting to see less of what we are drafting... shew... Problem is I don't see anybody giving up a young stud OL just yet. Everybody is still in it.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:27 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is the year to trade picks away. We already are not very good in the scouting department, not even having a full season and getting to see less of what we are drafting... shew... Problem is I don't see anybody giving up a young stud OL just yet. Everybody is still in it.

I'd be holding onto the 1st and 2nd pick with dear life.  We're probably looking at a minimum of top 8 in the first followed by top 40 in the 2nd.

But yeah, after that I'd be all for it.  If we can get a quality starter for a 3rd or 4th, or some type of package, then why the hell not?
Reply/Quote
You can't make moves to appease the fan base. That may be part of the reason Green got tagged and Mixon got paid. That 18 million to Green could have gotten a hell of a line upgrade. Now look at Atkins and Dunlap. This team isn't ready to compete yet. They're young and flat out untalented in some positions. Bengals need to clear space and sign proven guys on the off-season. They need to nail drafts. Burrow in 3 years with a roster like the Bengals 2013 roster is a potential Super Bowl winner. And in 2010 they were terrible and expected to be worse in 2011. They can turn this around, but they can't rush the process
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd be holding onto the 1st and 2nd pick with dear life.  We're probably looking at a minimum of top 8 in the first followed by top 40 in the 2nd.

But yeah, after that I'd be all for it.  If we can get a quality starter for a 3rd or 4th, or some type of package, then why the hell not?

This is exactly where I'm at. We barely hit on those 3 and 4 round picks anyway. Trade them away for some quality NFL talent. IMO I think NFL teams WAY over value draft picks. It's a crap shoot anyway. Why not get some proven NFL talent for them? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is exactly where I'm at. We barely hit on those 3 and 4 round picks anyway. Trade them away for some quality NFL talent. IMO I think NFL teams WAY over value draft picks. It's a crap shoot anyway. Why not get some proven NFL talent for them? 

We’ve found some really good players in the 3rd and 4th over the years though. It honestly feels like we do better in rounds 2-4 than the 1st. Not counting the last couple drafts because it’s too early to judge, but...

Sam Hubbard
Carl Lawson
Shawn Williams
Mohamed Sanu
Clint Boling
Geno Atkins
Michael Johnson
Kevin Huber
Domata Peko
Chris Henry
Robert Geathers
Rudi Johnson
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 09:01 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: It’s not too late to salvage this season!!

We need a Right Tackle. We need one now!!!
We probably need a RG too. Place AJ and a/some picks on the trade block and get Joe Burrito some protection otherwise he’s refried beans. You can’t risk this further. If he gets injured for any length of time you’ll lose this fan base and trust me, with the protection he’s currently experiencing, he’s getting hurt. You can say the hits he takes are rookie mistakes, but that’s very short sighted. He’s gonna get hurt Mike, please take measures to limit this possibility now. You cannot wait!!!

Btw, tell your coach you can’t win having your rookie QB throw 60 damn times a game ... 30 in the first half!!! So it wasn’t because we were behind ... it is a flaw in planning.

(I know the team doesn’t read these, just venting a bit).

Who ya gonna trade and for whom?  Seems like any decent idea has some details.  I'd like to know the details. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: Who ya gonna trade and for whom?  Seems like any decent idea has some details.  I'd like to know the details. 

Brian Callahan and John Ross to Carolina for Joe Brady.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:42 PM)jason Wrote: Brian Callahan and John Ross to Carolina for Joe Brady.

Does he play RT?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:48 PM)McC Wrote: Does he play RT?

It's worth a shot...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:49 PM)jason Wrote: It's worth a shot...

As far as Brady goes, I'd say we're already running the majority of his offense anyway.

Reply/Quote