Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make a case for a draft Trade up or down using Trade Value Chart
For example: If you want RB Leonard Fornette it is not likely he falls to us at pick #9. Ezekiel Elliott's impact last year helps raise Fornette's value. Fornette is a rare 240 pound size with speed guy and teams like Jacksonville, the Jets and Carolina pick in front of us and may take him. Former GM Charlie Casserly sees Jacksonville taking him at pick #4. You can offer Jacksonville our 1st and 2nd round picks with values of 1,350 & 490 for Jacksonville's 1st rounder worth 1,800. You get your guy Fornette. (You can also use it for a Trade Down idea that you can make a case for.)

Draft Trade Value Chart - DRAFTTEK 2017 NFL Mock Draft

www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp[url=http://www.bing.com/search?q=2017+trade+value+chart+draftek&src=IE-TopResult&FORM=IETR02&conversationid=#][/url]
Reply/Quote
My realistic trade scenario....

Trade the #9 overall pick (1350 pts) to Arizona for #13 and their third rounder (1150 + 205 pts).
Arizona is looking for either their choice in WR or QB since the Bills pick at 10 and the Browns at 12.
The Bengals then get to pick a player that isn't quite a "reach" at 9 and gets an extra third rounder to further improve the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jets would like to acquire picks. Bengals see that Thomas DE is still available at pick 6.

Bengals trade their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd which equals 2065

To the

Jets for their 1st and 2nd which equals 2110.

Bengals take Thomas at pick six.
Reply/Quote
We need all the high draft picks we can get so the only trade ups I'd be interested in would be later in the draft moving up a few spots to grab our guy by giving up a 5th/6th/7th rounder.

I'd be all for trading down if it got us an extra pick in the first 4 rounds, depending on who is left on the board though
Reply/Quote
The only player I would trade up for is Garrett and that's just way too expensive and would give an in division rival a ton of ammo for the next couple of drafts. I would trade back with Philly or Indy for their first and second. I don't think trades should be necessarily even. If a team wants to trade up, then they should probably be giving up more point wise than where they're going to.
Reply/Quote
I've kicked around the idea of trading down with Washington for pick #17 and their 2nd round pick. (950 + 410 for our 1350)
Gives us a 1st and two 2nd round picks.
Then take either Tackle Ryan Ramczyk or Guard Forrest Lamp in round 1. (Lamp is being compared to Dallas Guard Zack Martin.)
(Ramczyk can compete with Cedric Ogbuyei for LT, play Guard or RT long term if somehow Cedric beats him out)
*Can then use 1 of the second round picks on either Guard Dan Feeney or Tackle Roderick Johnson depending on whether we took a Guard or Tackle in round 1. (We have a Guard & a Tackle after round 2)
Would still have the other 2nd round pick to do whatever we want with and then for complete overkill add a 4th or 5th round Center for MAXIMUM Offensive line competition. Andre Smith could leave after this season. Boling and Bodine likely the odd men out long term.
We started with two 4th round and two 5th round picks and would still have that 2nd and 3rd for other positions.
Like I said, this is an OVERKILL approach, not sure I would do all of it but Offensive Line talent would be in the building.
The O-Line could actually Rival the Dallas O-line in a few years or at least be in the Top 5 O-lines conversation instead of being Swiss cheese.
Just a thought...
Reply/Quote
id rather trade down in this draft, def not trade up.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 05:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: I've kicked around the idea of trading down with Washington for pick #17 and their 2nd round pick. (950 + 410 for our 1350)
Then take either Tackle Ryan Ramczyk or Guard Forrest Lamp in round 1. (Lamp is being compared to Dallas Guard Zack Martin.)
(Ramczyk can compete with Cedric Ogbuyei for LT, play Guard or RT long term if somehow Cedric beats him out)
*Can then use 1 of the second round picks on either Guard Dan Feeney or Tackle Roderick Johnson depending on whether we took a Guard or Tackle in round 1. (We have a Guard & a Tackle after round 2)
Would still have the other 2nd round pick to do whatever we want with and then for complete overkill add a 4th or 5th round Center for MAXIMUM Offensive line competition. Andre Smith could leave after this season. Boling and Bodine likely the odd men out long term.
We started with two 4th round and two 5th round picks and would still have that 2nd and 3rd for other positions.
Like I said, this is an OVERKILL approach, not sure I would do all of it but Offensive Line talent would be in the building.
The O-Line could actually Rival the Dallas O-line in a few years or at least be in the Top 5 O-lines conversation instead of being Swiss cheese.
Just a thought...

I don't want this team to take Forrest Lamp in round 1. Especially if he compares to Zack Martin. It's nothing against him, but we clearly don't value guards so there's no reason to waste a first round pick on a position that the FO plans on letting go in 5 years.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 04:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't want this team to take Forrest Lamp in round 1. Especially if he compares to Zack Martin. It's nothing against him, but we clearly don't value guards so there's no reason to waste a first round pick on a position that the FO plans on letting go in 5 years.

I can see your point.
This idea was to go all out on the O-Line and end up with say Forrest Lamp & Roderick Johsnon plus a mid round Center - or-
Ryan Ramczyk and Dan Feeney plus a mid round Center.

*Sort of Nuke our biggest problem which is O-Line plus when I Mock I assume that I'm in charge and not the Bengals so I don't have to worry about them not valuing what I might value.
Reply/Quote
Bengals #9 trade back review
#10 Buffalo.. has 6 picks in the draft. Most likely wouldn’t trade up to 9 even to protect a pick at QB.

#11 New Orleans…. needs a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball so unlikely to trade up 2 spots with so much defensive value that would be there at #11

#12 Cleveland …… definitely a possible team that would look to trade up. Problem is two fold…. 1. it is a divisional opponent…. 2. If they feel so strongly that a certain QB like Watson is their guy then why not trade up to 5 with Ten and get in front of the NYJ also.
With that said 2 potential trades could be
Cincinnati trades #9 and #73 to Cleveland for #12 and #51
Cincinnati trades #9 and #41 to Cleveland for #12 and #33 and #108

#13 Arizona…… seems like the most likely spot for a trade down. Arizona could covet a WR, TE or QB that they would fear could be selected by Buffalo, Cleveland or Cincinnati themselves.
Cincinnati trades pick #9 to Arizona for #13 and #77

#14 Philly… I thought the eagles were a good possibility but after signing Jeffery and Smith to go with what they have at WR it seems like a stretch. I don’t see a player that they would need to jump ahead of the pack to pick really.

#15 Indianapolis is more likely to trade back than up to be honest.

#16 Baltimore I don’t see the Bengals and Ravens doing business here.

#17 Washington could trade up with Cincinnati as a natural fit with their one and 2 round picks. Washington also has 10 picks in the draft. If there is a QB on the board that they covet, they could trade up for that QB. Also, they could potentially trade Cousins for more draft currency if they are so inclined. Washington could also use a #1 receiver to go with Pryor and Crowder with the losses of Garcon and Jackson.
Cincinnati trades pick #9 to Washington for #17 and #49

#18 Tennessee could be a player at trading up for a receiver if they go secondary with the #5 selection but they don’t match up well for a move to #9 with no second round pick.

Anything beyond #18 is highly unlikely due to multiple picks being involved.

As far as trading up, an interesting spot could be with Dallas at #28. Dallas is up against it as far as the salary cap goes and they only have 5 of the first 211 picks. The trade would make more sense if the Bengals traded back with their first pick and then if there was a player identified to trade up for then go get them.

Example: Cincinnati trades pick #9 to Arizona for #13 and #77

Then Cincinnati trades pick #41, #73, #116 and #176 to Dallas for #28 and #92
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 05:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: I've kicked around the idea of trading down with Washington for pick #17 and their 2nd round pick. (950 + 410 for our 1350)

This is pretty much the deaql I'd make every year if possible. 

The draft is much more of a crap shoot than any experts want to admit.  The fact is that every year there are multiple first round picks that bust.  And it does not just happen to the bad teams.  Even good teams have high picks that flop.  So the best way to increase your chances of getting a good player is to get more picks.
Reply/Quote