Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make or Break Game for ZT
(10-17-2021, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have recently taken the extreme measures of firing our co-ordinators midseason.

I don't think ZT is close to being fired since he still has a winning record, but don't act like our front office never does anything to shake stuff up in the middle of the season.

Compared to 31 other football teams in the NFL....they dont.

You were also convinced...CONVINCED Zac wouldnt be back for a third season...and ....he obviously is.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Compared to 31 other football teams in the NFL....they dont.

Yes they do.  If you think all 31 other teams are constantly firing coaches during the season then you don't understand the NFL.  It happens but it is not near as common as you claim.

(10-17-2021, 01:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: You were also convinced...CONVINCED Zac wouldnt be back for a third season...and ....he obviously is.

I was never CONVINCED Zac would not be back for third season.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: ZT can't "make" anything with a win over a team like the Lions or Jaguars.

But a loss here would be a huge "break" because of our upcoming schedule.

Bengals still have a winning record so we are not even close to discussions about firing our head coach midseason.

Did I talk about firing him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The options available on audibles are based on the coaches scheme.

Burrow does not have the ability to audible into any play at any time.  He always has options but they are based on what formation was called and what the defense showed.

Not 100% sure this is accurate.  I understand the general premise of your first statement, but that check to the screen in zero against the Jags was all Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You would love it in the gameday threads.  There is a large crowd there who decide that we are going to lose after the first quarter.  They are often proven wrong, butt hey never learn from their mistakes.

I agree that our offense is underperforming based on th talent we have.  But I am not writing us off just because we start slow.

Start slow, or have incredible ineptitude based on his play calls that were not audibled out of, or a play made off script like the one TD to Uzomah that Burrow hit on a scramble.  Take away those plays and this offense is dead last in everything relevant.   

The plays that are being called are not working.  With the talent on the field, that is absurd.  He needs to get more aggressive early and attack the weakness of the other team.  Today, that is the secondary.  

I'm not the "fire the coach" and "coach of the year" guy in the same thread and I don't like gameday threads for that reason....that, and because my dad is here for games and we are interacting.  Don't want to be on a phone or computer.  I am sure it is entertaining, though, as twitter can be for overreactions.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 12:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree 100% with you but Mike Brown won’t do a damn thing even if we go there and lose 31-3. That’s the sad reality we deal with as Bengal fans. And he groomed his daughter to pick up where he’s left off.  

ZT should do it himself.  Nagy did that and acknowledged it made him a better coach.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not 100% sure this is accurate.  I understand the general premise of your first statement, but that check to the screen in zero against the Jags was all Burrow.  

Not sure what you mean by "all burrow".

Burrow was coached to audible to that play based on what the defense showed him.  The screen was an choice he was given to audible to.

What makes you think that one audible was different from all the others?
Reply/Quote
Damn Zac winning today instead of getting fired! Rolleyes
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is it.

This post didn't age well. Zac confirmed coach for the next decade, while SHRacerX shall wear the dunce cap the rest of this season. 
Reply/Quote
"Fire Taylor" camp for life!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not 100% sure this is accurate.  I understand the general premise of your first statement, but that check to the screen in zero against the Jags was all Burrow.  

Because he saw the zero pre snap. That's literally his job.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Unless we shit the bed Zac is probably coming back. What id like to see in that scenario is hiring a experienced OF and letting them call the plays while Zac focuses on head coaching duties, like a Dabo Swinney. He’s not a terrible head coach but he’s not much of an offensive guru
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 08:02 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Unless we shit the bed Zac is probably coming back. What id like to see in that scenario is hiring a experienced OF and letting them call the plays while Zac focuses on head coaching duties, like a Dabo Swinney. He’s not a terrible head coach but he’s not much of an offensive guru

We can win one more game and Taylor is coming back. There may be a sacrificial lamb along the way, but Taylor will be here. 

Still, after saying all of that, I'm forever: "Fire Taylor!!"
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you mean by "all burrow".

Burrow was coached to audible to that play based on what the defense showed him.  The screen was an choice he was given to audible to.

What makes you think that one audible was different from all the others?

You said he has a couple options at the LOS from a single formation, but what I have seen from Burrow is he checks to an entirely different play.  That isn't what the coach gave him, that was his call. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 05:23 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: This post didn't age well. Zac confirmed coach for the next decade, while SHRacerX shall wear the dunce cap the rest of this season. 

Really?  A dunce cap?  Wow...a newbie name caller.  I can hear the banhammer twirling already.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Really?  A dunce cap?  Wow...a newbie name caller.  I can hear the banhammer twirling already.  

To be fair, that’s not name calling

It’s accessory wearing...calling
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 07:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Because he saw the zero pre snap. That's literally his job.

Lots of people missing the point here.  There are play calls, options within that play call, and then if a QB makes a check to an entirely different play.  

Yes, Sunset, that is his job. But it is also the job of the HC to call plays worth a crap.

Moose Johnston said today about ZT something to the effect of "I was very surprised when he said Detroit was keeping people deep to take away our passing game, so we did a lot of two TE sets and tried to run the ball".  He then went on to say how surprised he was that ZT didn't just say:  "This is what we are, I invested a #5 overall draft pick on a WR, and just try to stop us", but he adjusted his play calls to their sets.  

ZT let three UDFA corners change his offense.  And despite a huge pick that gave them the ball back and decent field position all half, they managed just 14 points the entire game. 

Before I am accused of being a Negative Nancy on the day of a win, I look at decisions like that and think "that didn't kill them against Detroit, but how on earth do they plan to win against a team like Baltimore with those dumbass decisions?"

Sorry if I want more for this team that is absolutely wasting a Championship-caliber defense.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals lose: "were never going anywhere with zt! What a chump!"

Bengals win: "if zt doesn't win the next game, they gotta fire him! What a loser! We barely won!'

You guys are great.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Bengals lose: "were never going anywhere with zt! What a chump!"

Bengals win: "if zt doesn't win the next game, they gotta fire him! What a loser! We barely won!'

You guys are great.

If by "great", you mean "annoying", then sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lots of people missing the point here.  There are play calls, options within that play call, and then if a QB makes a check to an entirely different play.  

Yes, Sunset, that is his job. But it is also the job of the HC to call plays worth a crap.

Moose Johnston said today about ZT something to the effect of "I was very surprised when he said Detroit was keeping people deep to take away our passing game, so we did a lot of two TE sets and tried to run the ball".  He then went on to say how surprised he was that ZT didn't just say:  "This is what we are, I invested a #5 overall draft pick on a WR, and just try to stop us", but he adjusted his play calls to their sets.  

ZT let three UDFA corners change his offense.  And despite a huge pick that gave them the ball back and decent field position all half, they managed just 14 points the entire game. 

Before I am accused of being a Negative Nancy on the day of a win, I look at decisions like that and think "that didn't kill them against Detroit, but how on earth do they plan to win against a team like Baltimore with those dumbass decisions?"

Sorry if I want more for this team that is absolutely wasting a Championship-caliber defense.  

Yes, but the zero blitz audible is a bad example. The coaches have no idea what the defense is going to do when sending the play in. That's why there are audibles built in each call based on what the defense shows pre snap. As soon as the QB sees zero, he has to pick that up and get into the play to beat it. This is every game, every Sunday and not unique to Cincinnati.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote