Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Trade!
In an obvious rebuilding year where everyone is convinced a QB will be the first round pick next year, depending how we finish. Would you (if Jax is willing) make the trade of Dalton to Jax for a 1 st round pick or Oline help. We can see what we have in Finley this season to see if he has what it takes while getting another first round pick to better position ourself to make a move on a QB next year. I’ve been tough on Dalton, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB. Make the future happen now. Or do you stick with what we have now.
Reply/Quote
Is this for real?

You would trade your QB who threw for 429 yards for a 1st Round pick? Note: We've had pretty terrible success with 1st Round picks anyways.

Look at all the 1st Round picks the Raiders have had and how bad they still are.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: In an obvious rebuilding year where everyone is convinced a QB will be the first round pick next year, depending how we finish. Would you (if Jax is willing) make the trade of Dalton to Jax for a 1 st round pick or Oline help. We can see what we have in Finley this season to see if he has what it takes while getting another first round pick to better position ourself to make a move on a QB next year. I’ve been tough on Dalton, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB. Make the future happen now. Or do you stick with what we have now.

9 years in he has a career game in his first game with an offensive head coach. Yeah that'll be a no dawg. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: In an obvious rebuilding year where everyone is convinced a QB will be the first round pick next year, depending how we finish. Would you (if Jax is willing) make the trade of Dalton to Jax for a 1 st round pick or Oline help. We can see what we have in Finley this season to see if he has what it takes while getting another first round pick to better position ourself to make a move on a QB next year. I’ve been tough on Dalton, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB. Make the future happen now. Or do you stick with what we have now.

What the hell you talking about?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No. No. No. NO.

You saw that game today and you're first thought was to throw the towel in on the season? Come on.
Reply/Quote
Nope. We might be a little better than some thought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton played his ass off. It's bizarre to say this about highly paid professionals, but they should be proud and optimistic about how they played. They came to ball. Something seemed different. Let's see where it goes
Reply/Quote
The funny thing is I doubt the Jaguars make this trade either. Foles got a pretty sizeable deal. I haven't saw how long he'll be out, but I doubt they're interested in trading 1st Round pick(s).

Plus, like Dalton could learn that offense in a week.

And, we'd have 2 rookie QB's then.
Reply/Quote

Stay. Off. Crack.
Reply/Quote
I swear some of y'all just say dumb things to just say dumb things.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing is I doubt the Jaguars make this trade either. Foles got a pretty sizeable deal. I haven't saw how long he'll be out, but I doubt they're interested in trading 1st Round pick(s).

Plus, like Dalton could learn that offense in a week.

And, we'd have 2 rookie QB's then.

Broken collarbone.  Couple months, maybe.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not even Al Davis back from the grave makes that trade!
Reply/Quote
The Jags game just got easier.

Reply/Quote
This board just keeps getting wackier.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:30 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I swear some of y'all just say dumb things to just say dumb things.

Well... there have been some who said that they hated Dalton soley because he has red hair so...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well... there have been some who said that they hated Dalton soley because he has red hair so...

...and he wears a rubber wedding band.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

After watching game I actually thought this was a trade to help us to playoffs this year. We went to to toe as a 16 pts. Underdog without AJ..
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: After watching game I actually thought this was a trade to help us to playoffs this year. We went to to toe as a 16 pts. Underdog without AJ..

16 point underdog? Introduce me to your bookie lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote:  I’ve been tough on Dalton, but I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB.

I do.

Guess how many playoff wins Ken Anderson had after 8 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:28 PM)Brimey Wrote: Dalton played his ass off. It's bizarre to say this about highly paid professionals, but they should be proud and optimistic about how they played. They came to ball. Something seemed different. Let's see where it goes

Lol, Dalton choked and single-handedly lost the game, per the usual. Two key turnovers (redzone and game-ender). Yeah, he should be real "proud" of himself. He tried real hard, give him a trophy.
Reply/Quote