Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the Trade!
(09-08-2019, 10:39 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote:  
Fair enough, "single-handedly" was an over exaggeration. Randy, DreK and Erickson all had a hand in as well. But Andy was today's weakest link.

I don't see how anyone could watch the game and come to that conclusion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 06:30 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  I don't see how anyone could watch the game and come to that conclusion.

Seriously. The fact that they failed to mention the non-existent running game loses them all credibility.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:04 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: Lol, Dalton choked and single-handedly lost the game, per the usual. Two key turnovers (redzone and game-ender). Yeah, he should be real "proud" of himself. He tried real hard, give him a trophy.

I really really like Andy Dalton and his family and he is a top quality person,however I want wins, and for whatever reason anyone wants to come up with,he has yet to make the dance. At least get us to the AFC championship dude !!!!! His brains at knowing everything on the field to epic,however,he is super slow at running and should never try to.just throw it away.Everytime he runs for yardage,he gets tackled. Also it is time to use the TE more and more.They are huge and can run and bring Auden Tate back in,he catches balls in the clouds.The niners game is going to be a hard fought one,they are real good. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Dont blame Andy for Marvin. Carson had many of the same problems as Dalton. what's the common denominator?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont blame Andy for Marvin. Carson had many of the same problems as Dalton. what's the common denominator?

It's Dalton's fault.

I honestly thought this was a thread saying how we should trade for a linemen. I was going to be all for that. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:13 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It's Dalton's fault.

I honestly thought this was a thread saying how we should trade for a linemen. I was going to be all for that. 

I really wished we had signed incognito in the off season he looked good last night
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I really wished we had signed incognito in the off season he looked good last night

They would've gotten buried for it, including by some of the people on here who will likely agree with you.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:29 PM)Tdscott11 Wrote: So anything other than unbridled optimism is "trolling". Got it. And saying "I don't understand all of the optimism following a loss" equates to belittling others and calling them morons. Got it. If that's how you interpret people who disagree with you, then I can see why you'd be upset and think me a "troll". However  you're the one making it personal here. I just want the Bengals to win and my week is RUINED when they lose. I'd like to see them win a Super Bowl sometime before I die.

I know this person is banned so can't answer my question, but why would someone's week by ruined by the outcome of a sports game? Sports are entertainment. If you're not entertained, do something else.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:13 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I honestly thought this was a thread saying how we should trade for a linemen. I was going to be all for that. 

Same. Was hoping it was a Trent Williams thread (again). 

Instead we get this crap.  Sick
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don’t think anyone can honestly say they have confidence in Dalton to carry this team to a SB.

Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Mark Rypen, Jeff Hostetler, and Trent Dilfer all won Super Bowls. I'd take Andy over every single one of them (at their best) in a heartbeat.

Is Andy the kind of QB to put the team on his back and carry them to a Super Bowl? Likely not. But there's been maybe a legitimate 3-4 of those QB's in the last 40 years. Montana, Favre, Elway & Brady (and I'm hesitant to even include Favre). Those QB's don't come around often, some of the best ever aren't on that list (Peyton Manning had 388 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT's total in 2 SB's & Dan Marino got to a SB only once) and even those four usually had some dynamite talent on both sides of the ball to help get them there. That isn't to say the supporting cast we have isn't good to great in parts (HB, WR, DL all are deep/exceptional), but this whole constant narrative of "He's not the kind of QB to lead you to a Super Bowl" is tired, disproven, and cliche at best. BLAKE F'N BORTLES  & Case Keenum were both one game from a Super Bowl, Nick Foles WON a Super Bowl and Rex Grossman got to and lost a Super Bowl. It isn't just on the QB and while Andy isn't a guy to make you sit up and go "DAMN! Did'ja see that?!" too often, he's generally smarter with the ball and better than those four as well (Foles the last two years...perhaps is better. I'll concede that). 

The only real issue I have with Andy is the batted balls at the line of scrimmage, that's it. Everything else I can live with. If they go QB early in next year's draft, that's fine I guess, but the OL is still the huge problem on offense, not QB. Get Williams back healthy, maybe get someone (ANYONE) to replace Hart, and get another guard or two in the mid-rounds and this offense could/should REALLY be humming along. Especially if Ross keeps it up (and stays healthy) to give the WR group a three-headed monster of AJ, Boyd and Ross. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I really wished we had signed incognito in the off season he looked good last night

Heard they didn’t even have to wash Carr’s jersey...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Heard they didn’t even have to wash Carr’s jersey...

With the plumbing/sewage issues in that stadium, that's likely a very, VERY good thing.
Reply/Quote