Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makes things easier next week because ...
now I can root for the Bengals to finish with a win, and, if AJ plays, for him to get his 36.

I'm predicting Brady gets his 5th this year then retires.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: now I can root for the Bengals to finish with a win, and, if AJ plays, for him to get his 36.

I wouldn't be surprised at the first half of this sentence, but I don't see the second one happening. Dude enjoys winning too much. If he can physically do it, I think he'll keep doing it.

Right now Brady has the 2nd highest completion % of his career, 3rd highest YPA of his career, 3rd highest QB Rating of his career, and the 2nd least INTs of his career.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: now I can root for the Bengals to finish with a win, and, if AJ plays, for him to get his 36.

Why would you be rooting for us to win? 

If we lose we likely pick 7-8.

Win and we drop.

I'll take AJ getting his 36 and a loss to save us those 2-4 spots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the steelers win the super bowl or even make it I am quitting the NFL forever. The officiating in that Ravens game was pathetic. It just makes me so GD mad.
Reply/Quote
i don't mind if they lose and get an earlier pick to be honest. Right now we are at 8, and our range is no better or worse than the 7-11 area. It doesn't seem like much difference, but on draft day itself it could be.
Reply/Quote
Im sorry but Im rooting for a loss, the higher draft pick the better.

And as I have been clamoring for all year please play the young guys, would love to see what the K Russel kid can do at corner (3rd rd pick we got on waivers from KC)
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the steelers win the super bowl or even make it I am quitting the NFL forever.  The officiating in that Ravens game was pathetic.  It just makes me so GD mad.

Do I even want to know what happened?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:50 PM)Earendil Wrote: Do I even want to know what happened?

Ravens were up a TD, had a big play to the six yard line and one of those mysterious flags that come out for holding LONG after the play is over (you know, once he caught the ball and got to the six yard line?) and they called holding.  They showed a replay and there was no holding.  Commentators did there best to say something like: "well, there is a little bit of a turn there and one hand is outside the shoulders..." but it was a F(*&% joke.

And later, a Raven dropped a pass, was drilled late, and snapped his head, but no flag.  If that was Shawn Williams on Antonio Brown, there would have been a firing squad or a visit to the gallows.

It is such fake BS.  It makes me want to vomit.  The only game the steelers don't have significant help is against the pats.  That's it.  Every other game, it is gift wrapped.  F(&* them, and F*^$ the NFL and their large fanbase agenda.  
Reply/Quote
Draft pick is a gamble and 1 or 2 spots is not meaningful in the in the long run.

I always want to win regardless of draft order or playoff implications for other teams.

That loss to the jets a few years back really drove that home for me.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ravens were up a TD, had a big play to the six yard line and one of those mysterious flags that come out for holding LONG after the play is over (you know, once he caught the ball and got to the six yard line?) and they called holding.  They showed a replay and there was no holding.  Commentators did there best to say something like: "well, there is a little bit of a turn there and one hand is outside the shoulders..." but it was a F(*&% joke.

And later, a Raven dropped a pass, was drilled late, and snapped his head, but no flag.  If that was Shawn Williams on Antonio Brown, there would have been a firing squad or a visit to the gallows.

It is such fake BS.  It makes me want to vomit.  The only game the steelers don't have significant help is against the pats.  That's it.  Every other game, it is gift wrapped.  F(&* them, and F*^$ the NFL and their large fanbase agenda.  

Ty I was sickened watching that game with a disgusted face. Not only the bad refs. Laveon bell seems to have 5 wide open running lanes to pick through every time he runs,yet we have no lanes. Their wide receivers always wide open, like literally nobody covering them. I said it looked fixed.topped off with the dramatic reach for a td at the end, and if he didn't reach time would expired. The announcers was excited and happy. I'm sure you know who
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ravens were up a TD, had a big play to the six yard line and one of those mysterious flags that come out for holding LONG after the play is over (you know, once he caught the ball and got to the six yard line?) and they called holding.  They showed a replay and there was no holding.  Commentators did there best to say something like: "well, there is a little bit of a turn there and one hand is outside the shoulders..." but it was a F(*&% joke.

I have seriously watched less football this season than any other of my life (I'm 40).  And BS like this is exactly why.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: Draft pick is a gamble and 1 or 2 spots is not meaningful in the in the long run.

I always want to win regardless of draft order or playoff implications for other teams.

I've seen plenty of times when the guy we wanted or I wanted was took a spot or two before us. I want #7 not 10 or 11
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ty I was sickened watching that game with a disgusted face. Not only the bad refs. Laveon bell seems to have 5 wide open running lanes to pick through every time he runs,yet we have no lanes. Their wide receivers always wide open, like literally nobody covering them. I said it looked fixed.topped off with the dramatic reach for a td at the end, and if he didn't reach time would expired. The announcers was excited and happy. I'm sure you know who

I have to give credit to Brown, it was a hell of a play, but Piggy and the baked bell get the benefit of an offensive line that plays with their own set of rules.  See the steeler holding vines, see the DeCastro stomp, blah, blah, blah...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: Draft pick is a gamble and 1 or 2 spots is not meaningful in the in the long run.

I agree it is a gamble.  However we saw last year the run on receivers before our pick.  I also think a couple of spots makes a difference in round 2 and 3.  I'm somewhat convinced we would have taken Jordan Phillips at DT a couple of years back but he went 1 pick earlier.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:27 PM)Earendil Wrote: I have seriously watched less football this season than any other of my life (I'm 40).  And BS like this is exactly why.

The hated stoolers have always gotten all the calls from the refs because the nfl wants them to win as they have a huge draw.Its all about the dollars and until all of us long long suffering Bengal fans learn this,we are ALWAYS going to be slammed and super disappointed.I have watched over all the years the stoolers get all the help they need from the refs.Believe this,the fix is in and it always will be.the rooneys are in bed with the officiating  in the nfl.

Our dump ass coach is too PC AND does not have the balls to fight back.He needs to get in the rocking chair and quit this business of coaching.He is Mike Tomlings whipping boy.Believe this,big ben will be out there sliingin it on one leg and the refs NEVER call holding on his line,but yet that's all they do.It stinks and always have,and I so hate the stinkin fans of theirs.what a bunch of cry babies,it they lose two games in a row,the fans are calling for Tomlins head.They are headed for their 7 th super bowl and we cannot even sniff one.UNBELIEVEABLE.
Reply/Quote
I can never actually root against the Bengals.  I didn't like the 2010 Johnson/Owens Circus, which, for me, was the most disgusting year in franchise history, long before the first game was played, but I still didn't root against them.

If the Ravens had won yesterday, my attitude Sunday would have been a win/win, rooting for them to win but completely okay if they lost.

It will somewhat like that with the draft pick situation.

Being here in SW Florida there are a ton of Bucs and Dolphins fans, so it will be easy to root for the Dolphins against Pittsburgh.

I still think Brady is on another quest for his 5th, regardless of how good he looks, time is still getting short for him to become QB King of the SB Hill!

I despise the Steelers and think Terry Bradshaw was right on the mark calling Tomlin a 'great cheerleader' but an 'average' coach, at best!  He had praise for Cowher.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/12/25/terry-bradshaw-has-some-thoughts-on-mike-tomlin-and-theyre-not-positive/?utm_term=.6c9cb26bbe8b

More or less saying that with the franchise a has been the most consistent since the 1970s, with upper management keeping a team filled with talent, most ANY HC could be successful!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:27 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I've seen plenty of times when the guy we wanted or I wanted was took a spot or two before us. I want #7 not 10 or 11

And how did those picks work out vs who we ended up with? Do you think if that player had been available would the team have taken them or was it strictly the guy YOU liked vs what the team thought was the correct chiose? That's not to say either of you is right or wrong only to say it may not have mattered if your guy was on the table or not. You might have made the correct pick but it doesn't mean the team would have.
(12-26-2016, 01:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I agree it is a gamble.  However we saw last year the run on receivers before our pick.  I also think a couple of spots makes a difference in round 2 and 3.  I'm somewhat convinced we would have taken Jordan Phillips at DT a couple of years back but he went 1 pick earlier.
We took a CB and some lineman before we took a reciver so it's moot. Had the team wanted a reciver early they could have done it; they didn't.

Edit: I was wrong we took a CB then at 2 we took a reciver but we still could have gone reciver with our first pick and didn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:48 PM)corpjet Wrote: Im sorry but Im rooting for a loss, the higher draft pick the better.

And as I have been clamoring for all year please play the young guys, would love to see what the K Russel kid can do at corner (3rd rd pick we got on waivers from KC)
I understand wanting a higher draft pick, but I can never root against the Bengals. I hope they beat the Ravens badly and then I will root everyone above us in the draft to win also.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at the first half of this sentence, but I don't see the second one happening. Dude enjoys winning too much. If he can physically do it, I think he'll keep doing it.

Right now Brady has the 2nd highest completion % of his career, 3rd highest YPA of his career, 3rd highest QB Rating of his career, and the 2nd least INTs of his career.

Brady has said himself he'll retire when he sucks. I don't see that happening for at least another 2-3 years. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at the first half of this sentence, but I don't see the second one happening. Dude enjoys winning too much. If he can physically do it, I think he'll keep doing it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Brady could easily want a 6th, just to make his record so freakin' hard to top that it could stand for a 100 years.

Reply/Quote