Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Makes things easier next week because ...
(12-26-2016, 01:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ty I was sickened watching that game with a disgusted face. Not only the bad refs. Laveon bell seems to have 5 wide open running lanes to pick through every time he runs,yet we have no lanes. Their wide receivers always wide open, like literally nobody covering them. I said it looked fixed.topped off with the dramatic reach for a td at the end, and if he didn't reach time would expired. The announcers was excited and happy. I'm sure you know who

Our RBs have to battle guys hitting them before they get to the line of scrimmage, A LOT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ravens were up a TD, had a big play to the six yard line and one of those mysterious flags that come out for holding LONG after the play is over (you know, once he caught the ball and got to the six yard line?) and they called holding.  They showed a replay and there was no holding.  Commentators did there best to say something like: "well, there is a little bit of a turn there and one hand is outside the shoulders..." but it was a F(*&% joke.

And later, a Raven dropped a pass, was drilled late, and snapped his head, but no flag.  If that was Shawn Williams on Antonio Brown, there would have been a firing squad or a visit to the gallows.

It is such fake BS.  It makes me want to vomit.  The only game the steelers don't have significant help is against the pats.  That's it.  Every other game, it is gift wrapped.  F(&* them, and F*^$ the NFL and their large fanbase agenda.  

After watching the replay of this game on Game Pass, from the point SH describes here, and remembering the holds that the Steelers got away with in the first Bengals game, I have to agree SH, to the point that I cannot watch the Steelers in the playoffs.  I will root against them and keep track of the score but that's it.

So sick of seeing all the garbage, seeing them get away with things, to the point it's almost as bad as watching the WWF.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 11:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: After watching the replay of this game on Game Pass, from the point SH describes here, and remembering the holds that the Steelers got away with in the first Bengals game, I have to agree SH, to the point that I cannot watch the Steelers in the playoffs.  I will root against them and keep track of the score but that's it.

So sick of seeing all the garbage, seeing them get away with things, to the point it's almost as bad as watching the WWF.

That's an insult to the people who get paid to write the scripts for the WWE. Their pre-planned outcomes are actually less obvious and still more surprising than watching the league do whatever it can to keep the bandwagon nation buying towels and jerseys and sticking that shit team in the playoffs again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:27 PM)Earendil Wrote: I have seriously watched less football this season than any other of my life (I'm 40).  And BS like this is exactly why.

Same here. I used to watch all kinds of non-Bengals games. This year I watched maybe two. 

(12-26-2016, 07:17 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Brady has said himself he'll retire when he sucks. I don't see that happening for at least another 2-3 years. 

Honestly I'm starting to think that if Brady ever shows signs of aging, Bill will just scheme around it and Brady will be good for another 4-5 years. Brady already hasn't been good on deep throws for several years and it really doesn't matter. It's amazing really. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm completely convinced that the game is fixed so the only real question for myself is why I bother watching..
They leave just enough of the game unfixed to keep us interested, but in the long run we should all know that it wouldn't matter if we had the greatest players with the greatest coaching staff in the history of the game because the league has the whole thing rigged to favor the handful of teams that bring in the most revenue. It simply is not set up for any other teams to win consistently. 
When the same teams win and go to the super bowl year after year after year despite the so called pairity something just ain't white in the rice.. 
I'm convinced that the handful of winning teams could hire Burger King drive trough employees to coach their teams and have high school kids playing and still go to the super bowl.. Well maybe not to that extent, but pretty damn close.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:50 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Why would you be rooting for us to win? 

If we lose we likely pick 7-8.

Win and we drop.

I'll take AJ getting his 36 and a loss to save us those 2-4 spots.
The gravy of this draft is the middle not the top if we lose would be fine trading down for a good deal.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The gravy of this draft is the middle not the top if we lose would be fine trading down for a good deal.

That's debatable. 

Not to mention you have no idea where these guys you love so much in the middle are going to actually end up ranking the closer we get to the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 06:47 PM)jimbengals Wrote: I understand wanting a higher draft pick, but I can never root against the Bengals. I hope they beat the Ravens badly and then I will root everyone above us in the draft to win also.

If what you hope for happens, Mikey Brownpants will see that as a reason to maintain status quo.  Changes must be made.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 10:30 PM)Derrick Wrote: If what you hope for happens, Mikey Brownpants will see that as a reason to maintain status quo.  Changes must be made.

Of course changes need to be made but us losing one more game won't change that.
Reply/Quote