Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making France Great Again?
(05-04-2017, 09:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dec 29th, 2016: "Obama administration announces measures to punish Russia for 2016 election interference"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-administration-announces-measures-to-punish-russia-for-2016-election-interference/2016/12/29/311db9d6-cdde-11e6-a87f-b917067331bb_story.html?utm_term=.130dbebcc6b4

May 4th, 2017: "Obama endorses Macron in French election, taking a side in Europe again"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/05/04/obama-endorses-macron-in-french-election-taking-a-side-in-europe-again/?utm_term=.dbeca3063ce8

[Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah OK, but to be fair, Putin hasn't simply "endorsed" Trump, in fact it would have been way less problematic if he actually had done just that.
As long as Obama doesn't hack into Le Pen's email account and forges fake stories about her, there's no equivalency.

Plus, he's no longer the president.
Not the same thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-05-2017, 03:34 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah OK, but to be fair, Putin hasn't simply "endorsed" Trump, in fact it would have been way less problematic if he actually had done just that.
As long as Obama doesn't hack into Le Pen's email account and forges fake stories about her, there's no equivalency.

Plus, he's no longer the president.
Not the same thing.

You are new to right wing US politics, Hollo. You have not grasped the art of false equivalence.
(05-05-2017, 11:34 AM)Dill Wrote: You have not grasped the art of false equivalence.

You must be insanely good at dodging lightning.
(05-05-2017, 11:34 AM)Dill Wrote: You have not grasped the art of false equivalence.

Well no one can suggest that you are not well versed in this art.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-05-2017, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well no one can suggest that you are not well versed in this art.

Sure they can suggest it. They just can't demonstrate it.
(05-05-2017, 03:04 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure they can suggest it. They just can't demonstrate it.

How's Hitler's first 100 days going?

(05-05-2017, 03:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How's Hitler's first 100 days going?

Any demonstration in there?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/macron-team-blasts-massive-hacking-attack-eve-vote-225836826.html

Quote:Paris (AFP) - The campaign team of French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron on Friday confirmed it had suffered a "massive and coordinated hacking attack" after internal documents were released online, slamming an attempt at "democratic destabilisation".
"The files circulating were obtained several weeks ago due to the hacking of the personal and professional mailboxes of several party officials," Macron's En Marche! (On The Move) party said in a statement, just as campaigning officially ended ahead of Sunday's election.
Macron's team added that all the documents were "lawful" and said the large-scale hacking was "unprecedented in a French electoral campaign".

If Hollo hadn't already given me a guarantee (nothing like the Hillary will win in a landslide guarantees) I might find this interesting.

(05-05-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/macron-team-blasts-massive-hacking-attack-eve-vote-225836826.html

If Hollo hadn't already given me a guarantee (nothing like the Hillary will win in a landslide guarantees) I might find this interesting.

Yeah but I have, you just don't seem to trust me. Even though I clearly implied you can. Strange behaviour.

This won't change much, Putin and his catamite Assange can pull this kind of stuff only so many times before people get tired of that. My guess is, that one time in the US pretty much did it for us Europeans.
Right now, our right-wing rise gets dampened by Trump. Not trying to be cute, it just how it looks to be. Putin's aid won't help Le Pen much - even more so because there's obviously not much to see in Macrons hacked files anyway.
(05-06-2017, 06:36 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah but I have, you just don't seem to trust me. Even though I clearly implied you can. Strange behaviour.

This won't change much, Putin and his catamite Assange can pull this kind of stuff only so many times before people get tired of that. My guess is, that one time in the US pretty much did it for us Europeans.
Right now, our right-wing rise gets dampened by Trump. Not trying to be cute, it just how it looks to be. Putin's aid won't help Le Pen much - even more so because there's obviously not much to see in Macrons hacked files anyway.

Oh, it's not that I don't value your opinion; I just hate to guarantee with 100% certainty anything before it happens.

Chances are Macron will win easily.

Le Pen has conceded. Macron defeated her by over 30 points.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-07-2017, 03:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Le Pen has conceded. Macron defeated her by over 30 points.

A victory for progressive Europe!   Non a le Trumpisme!

[Image: Liberty-wikimediacommons-medium.jpg]
(05-07-2017, 04:19 PM)Dill Wrote: A victory for progressive Europe!   Non a le Trumpisme!

[Image: Liberty-wikimediacommons-medium.jpg]
Hit !