Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malcom Brown being shopped by Saints
I know he's a clone of Reader, but man could you imagine trying to run up the middle against us!!! I'd offer a 6th and assume the 4.9 million cap hit for this guy!!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 06:59 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I know he's a clone of Reader, but man could you imagine trying to run up the middle against us!!! I'd offer a 6th and assume the 4.9 million cap hit for this guy!!

#metoo
Reply/Quote
Just score more points on offense and teams won't have time to run the ball.

Not sure what a $4.9m 1 year rental DT does for the Bengals in 2021. They already have a $13.6m in cap space on Reader and another $2.1m for Tupou, not sure spending another $4.9m (and a draft pick) on a third run stopping DT is the wisest. That'd be $20.6m in cap space on run stopping DTs, and $35.3m on DTs in general with only one having any pass rushing ability (hopefully).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 07:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just score more points on offense and teams won't have time to run the ball.

Not sure what a $4.9m 1 year rental DT does for the Bengals in 2021. They already have a $13.6m in cap space on Reader and another $2.1m for Tupou, not sure spending another $4.9m (and a draft pick) on a third run stopping DT is the wisest. That'd be $20.6m in cap space on run stopping DTs, and $35.3m on DTs in general with only one having any pass rushing ability (hopefully).

He’s insurance because Reader is coming back from injury and having depth at that position is not a bad move. We could’ve used him last year
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 07:18 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: He’s insurance because Reader is coming back from injury and having depth at that position is not a bad move. We could’ve used him last year

Because Tupou opted out of the season. He should be back since I can only assume all the players are going to get vaccines. 

So I guess I should say if Tupou is indeed back, I don't see the need for Brown.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brown would be a great addition to the Bengals, had then not acquired DJ Reader last season.  Seems that signs are pointing toward Reader making a full recovery, along with getting Tupau back after a year off, the Bengals should be good at the NT position this season.  The team needs DL, but in the form of a penetrating 3 Technique man, and a versatile Edge player to fill the shoes once held by Carlos Dunlap.

As TLL mentioned, that's just entirely too much cap space to invest in manning one, single faceted position on the team.  Particularly when their are also so many other dire needs to be addressed with the money available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don't see a need for him, and I would like to add that Tupou might be the most misspelled word on the boards since Houshmanzadeh.

I laughed so hard when a "joke" broadcaster from another team (not a real broadcaster, it was a spoof) called Housh a different name everytime he make a reception. The best one was "Whostolemyhonda". Still makes me chuckle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t wanna lose draft picks to obtain a NT when we have the highest paid NT in the league. We have need for a pass rushing DT assuming Geno gets cut. I would be interested to see what another Saints DT market looks like in Sheldon Rankins. He’s a free agent only 26 and been productive at times when he’s not injured. The Bengals might be able to get him at a decent price I’d definitely take a shot at him.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 12:09 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I don’t wanna lose draft picks to obtain a NT when we have the highest paid NT in the league. We have need for a pass rushing DT assuming Geno gets cut. I would be interested to see what another Saints DT market looks like in Sheldon Rankins. He’s a free agent only 26 and been productive at times when he’s not injured. The Bengals might be able to get him at a decent price I’d definitely take a shot at him.

Please give me Sheldon rankings
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 12:09 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I don’t wanna lose draft picks to obtain a NT when we have the highest paid NT in the league.  We have need for a pass rushing DT assuming  Geno gets cut. I would be interested to see what another Saints DT market looks like in Sheldon Rankins. He’s a free agent only 26 and been productive at times when he’s not injured. The Bengals might be able to get him at a decent price I’d definitely take a shot at him.

Yes, we need a 3-tech to replace Geno who I think will be cut. Rankins would be fantastic.
Reply/Quote