Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Hooker
I think Hooker could be one of the best players in this draft. No offense to Shawn Williams, but this pick would be a huge upgrade. Wouldn't mind a Reggie Ragland either
Reply/Quote
A year late on Ragland
Reply/Quote
So far, Hooker has publicly stated that he is absolutely returning to OSU. However, when asked after the beat down Saturday Night, he appeared to waiver a bit, stating that he was going to "talk it over with his family".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
ESPN just reported he is entering the draft

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So far, Hooker has publicly stated that he is absolutely returning to OSU.  However, when asked after the beat down Saturday Night, he appeared to waiver a bit, stating that he was going to "talk it over with his family".

(01-02-2017, 06:02 PM)Storer50 Wrote: ESPN just reported he is entering the draft

Well, I guess that the family gave him a quick response! Hilarious

At #9, I would take Hooker hands down.  Guy is pure instinct and athleticism, football IQ is in the Reggie Nelson kind of stratosphere.  Most who have been following me know that I have been pimping LB or DE as our top pick.  However, unless Myles Garrett falls to #9, I would rather see the Bengals take Hooker over any LB, RB, or any other player in the 1st round.  Barring injury, this guy can be a 10 time All Pro.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love Mike Williams or hooker at this spot we really need Williams but hooker is a mix of ed Reed and Eric berry. Dude averaged over 30 yards per pick return.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I guess that the family gave him a quick response! Hilarious

At #9, I would take Hooker hands down.  Guy is pure instinct and athleticism, football IQ is in the Reggie Nelson kind of stratosphere.  Most who have been following me know that I have been pimping LB or DE as our top pick.  However, unless Myles Garrett falls to #9, I would rather see the Bengals take Hooker over any LB, RB, or any other player in the 1st round.  Barring injury, this guy can be a 10 time All Pro.

Play for nothing or be a millionaire?  Their answer was--"Are you shitting me?"   They probably formed their answer when he was in 7th grade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 05:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A year late on Ragland

Sorry, I meant Reuben Foster, Bama is just a stock and reload  program these days.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2017, 06:02 PM)Storer50 Wrote: ESPN just reported he is entering the draft

Okay, thanks for the update. I thought he was going back to OSU.

All for this guy in the 1st now. Ed Reed type, can't beat it.
Reply/Quote
sorry to inform you, but if Hooker makes it to 9 it would be a minor miracle
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 11:04 PM)Diligence Wrote: sorry to inform you, but if Hooker makes it to 9 it would be a minor miracle

If he makes it to 9 you can book it.I would be for moving up from 9 if we have to.By the time the draft rolls around this guy will be viewed as a genrational talent .im guessing he goes top 5
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:30 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: If he makes it to 9 you can book it.I would be for moving up from 9 if we have to.By the time the draft rolls around this guy will be viewed as a genrational talent .im guessing he goes top 5

CBS currently has Hooker as the #3 overall prospect.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 12:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: CBS currently has Hooker as the #3 overall prospect.

Dont suprise me.His range is crazy...we talking about locking down large portions of the field,add in his ball skills and you have a young ed reed.Him paired with iloka would be tits.iloka could play to his strengths in the box and have hooker patroling the deep half.Getting hooker is a wet dream at this point unless we trade up or he hits someone in the next 3 months
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago

OSU star Malik Hooker had core muscle surgery from William Meyers. Struan Coleman did the labrum. He was told he'd be ready by training camp

Something to watch
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 01:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m14 minutes ago

OSU star Malik Hooker had core muscle surgery from William Meyers. Struan Coleman did the labrum. He was told he'd be ready by training camp

Something to watch

Hopefully this lets him drop to us at #9

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
Im not completely sold on hooker 1 year of production is different then say earl thomas when he came out of texas
Reply/Quote
Hooker is a beast and is easily in the top 5 prospects in this class. This guy is better than reggie nelson in his ability to close distance and cover sideline to sideline. That said he is a safety and they often don't get drafted as high as other positions. I could see him falling to us, but I'm telling you the bengals will do something totally stupid this year and draft a guy like Cam Robinson in the top 10 thinking they can convert him or Obghehihihi to Guard to replace Zeitler. I also would not be surprised one bit to see them draft yet another corner that won't play for 4 years.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Something to watch

This definitely knocks him down my board a bit.  He's already inexperienced, and won't have the benefit of mini camps to try and get ready for he pros.  Plus, he plays a position that could spell disaster if he's not on the same page as the other guys. I still wouldn't be mad if we took him at 9, but we probably won't see him make much of an impact as a rookie.
Reply/Quote

Something to watch

Honestly, I wouldn't put much worry into drafting Hooker.  The sports hernia and the rotator cuff sound bad, but they're really not.  For example, I just had my shoulder done a little over 5 moths ago.  Rotator cuff, torn labrum, supraspinatus reattached, biceps tendonesis, plus grinding of bone spurs and clean out of bursa sacs.  I compete in Amateur Strongman.  I'm already back to 85% of what I could push overhead, prior to the surgery, and I'll be 48 this month. 

So, for a young, elite level athlete to have a slap tear addressed in his labrum in an offseason?  No big deal whatsoever.  The sports hernia is much more common than any casual observer might think.  Quick recovery on those, as well.  Youth is definitely on Hooker's side, as I expect he will be fresh and strong in camp for whichever team makes the wise choice of selecting him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would love to get hooker, we need a Nelson type of player back there
Reply/Quote