Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Hooker
Unfortunately he won't make it past the Chargers.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think we need to take peppers the guy is a playmaker he is the defensive version of antonio brown or odell beckham. he is exciting to watch and plays with a lot of energy the only player we have on defense that plays with a lot of energy is burfict. if we pass on peppers and he goes to the ravens we will regret it
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 01:17 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I think we need to take peppers the guy is a playmaker he is the defensive version of antonio brown or odell beckham. he is exciting to watch and plays with a lot of energy the only player we have on defense that plays with a lot of energy is burfict. if we pass on peppers and he goes to the ravens we will regret it

where is he gonna play? He had 1 interception in his entire college career! Hell probably play safety. I'm sorry but he's a 3rd-4th rounder for me. To play safety u need to have coverage skills and have ints. He didn't his one was last game of his career on a tipped pass. If I'm taking a Michigan player there are 3-4 I'm taking before Peppers.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't put much worry into drafting Hooker.  The sports hernia and the rotator cuff sound bad, but they're really not.  For example, I just had my shoulder done a little over 5 moths ago.  Rotator cuff, torn labrum, supraspinatus reattached, biceps tendonesis, plus grinding of bone spurs and clean out of bursa sacs.  I compete in Amateur Strongman.  I'm already back to 85% of what I could push overhead, prior to the surgery, and I'll be 48 this month. 

So, for a young, elite level athlete to have a slap tear addressed in his labrum in an offseason?  No big deal whatsoever.  The sports hernia is much more common than any casual observer might think.  Quick recovery on those, as well.  Youth is definitely on Hooker's side, as I expect he will be fresh and strong in camp for whichever team makes the wise choice of selecting him.

Thanks for this Sunset as i know nothing about this injury.

Still would be very happy with Hooker at 9. Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas, Barnett, Cunningham, Foster etc.

Lots of good picks for us. Fournette is really the only guy people are looking at that i don't want for us.

We need a RB but one that is versatile in both the passing and running game. Hopefully one not coming off of injury either like Fournette.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 01:17 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I think we need to take peppers the guy is a playmaker he is the defensive version of antonio brown or odell beckham. he is exciting to watch and plays with a lot of energy the only player we have on defense that plays with a lot of energy is burfict. if we pass on peppers and he goes to the ravens we will regret it

Eh, i like Jabril as a football player and an athlete but he is bad in coverage and would be a project for us.

Big fat no to Peppers in the 1st round. Safety or nickel backer are the only two positions he seems suited for besides returner.

You don't spend a top ten first round pick on a player like this especially us and our history with projects.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Sunset as i know nothing about this injury.

Still would be very happy with Hooker at 9. Dalvin Cook, Jonathan Allen, Solomon Thomas, Barnett, Cunningham, Foster etc.

Lots of good picks for us. Fournette is really the only guy people are looking at that i don't want for us.

We need a RB but one that is versatile in both the passing and running game. Hopefully one not coming off of injury either like Fournette.

Fournette is such a Carolina pick anyways I don't see them passing him up.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 07:01 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Fournette is such a Carolina pick anyways I don't see them passing him up.

Good, let them have him.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2017, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't put much worry into drafting Hooker.  The sports hernia and the rotator cuff sound bad, but they're really not.  For example, I just had my shoulder done a little over 5 moths ago.  Rotator cuff, torn labrum, supraspinatus reattached, biceps tendonesis, plus grinding of bone spurs and clean out of bursa sacs.  I compete in Amateur Strongman.  I'm already back to 85% of what I could push overhead, prior to the surgery, and I'll be 48 this month. 

So, for a young, elite level athlete to have a slap tear addressed in his labrum in an offseason?  No big deal whatsoever.  The sports hernia is much more common than any casual observer might think.  Quick recovery on those, as well.  Youth is definitely on Hooker's side, as I expect he will be fresh and strong in camp for whichever team makes the wise choice of selecting him.

He's lucky that he plays safety.  As far as recovery from a labrum, I had the same issue back when I was in my prime (taekwondo) and I wasn't full strength for 6 months.
Reply/Quote