Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Jackson says AJ was 'selfish, cowardly & childish'
Talking with the SiriusXM Blitz show, Jackson said of AJ's going after Jalen Ramsey:

“Personally, I’ve been thrown out of games before, not for fighting, so I understand the hot-headedness and the losing your temper, but the more and more that I look at it, if I was in that situation, I wouldn’t have done that. I understand that he is the No. 1 receiver and quite honestly their best player on offense, so it kind of hurts your team in that way. It’s kind of selfish."

“So I kind of would have thought about that aspect and really don’t let anybody get in your head that much. To kind of go out there and have somebody push you and then you get up and grab from the back of the neck, throw him down and start whaling on the back of their head kind of is, to me, cowardly first of all. And, second of all, childish.”
Reply/Quote
He's not wrong.

Still funny as **** though.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I kind of wonder why Malik Jackson constantly uses the phrase kind of so much. When people do that it kind of comes across like they are kind of avoiding taking 100% ownership of their words.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Talking with the SiriusXM Blitz show, Jackson said of AJ's going after Jalen Ramsey:

“Personally, I’ve been thrown out of games before, not for fighting, so I understand the hot-headedness and the losing your temper, but the more and more that I look at it, if I was in that situation, I wouldn’t have done that. I understand that he is the No. 1 receiver and quite honestly their best player on offense, so it kind of hurts your team in that way. It’s kind of selfish."

“So I kind of would have thought about that aspect and really don’t let anybody get in your head that much. To kind of go out there and have somebody push you and then you get up and grab from the back of the neck, throw him down and start whaling on the back of their head kind of is, to me, cowardly first of all. And, second of all, childish.”

I can see his point, (and so does AJ after the fact, btw) and it's valid.  However, as Big Boss says.....it was funny as shit, and I personally loved seeing that kind of fire from 18.  Something we hadn't seen before.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Talking with the SiriusXM Blitz show, Jackson said of AJ's going after Jalen Ramsey:

**** him.   What about his POS teammate?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
When you run up shove a guy to the ground you got to expect some type of reaction btw do not turn your back on someone you just shoved to the ground not very smart.
Reply/Quote
The OL is effecting AJ now too.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:02 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: When you run up shove a guy to the ground you got to expect some type of reaction btw do not turn your back on someone you just shoved to the ground not very smart.

The thing that pissed me off was there was no flag thrown until AJ retaliated. The dude pushed AJ hard enough to almost knock him to the ground. How is that not a penalty?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing that pissed me off was there was no flag thrown until AJ retaliated. The dude pushed AJ hard enough to almost knock him to the ground. How is that not a penalty?

The fact that Ramsey got ejected too means the officials knew what was happening the whole time and did nothing about it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
You know what else is childish? Talking shit every snap. Pushing people from behind. Looking for a fight where the cameras can't see you acting a fool.

**** outta here with that shit.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing that pissed me off was there was no flag thrown until AJ retaliated. The dude pushed AJ hard enough to almost knock him to the ground. How is that not a penalty?

OMG, he almost got hit to the ground during a game of football? This JAX guy is a monster.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: OMG, he almost got hit to the ground during a game of football? This JAX guy is a monster.

After the play was over. I'm guessing you think Steelers players like Mike Mitchell, James Harrison and Hines Ward are just hard-nosed football players, too.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Cool.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's not wrong.

Still funny as **** though.

(11-07-2017, 01:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I can see his point, (and so does AJ after the fact, btw) and it's valid.  However, as Big Boss says.....it was funny as shit, and I personally loved seeing that kind of fire from 18.  Something we hadn't seen before.....

Yeah, what these guys said, made me laugh my ass off. AJ wasn't going to take no more shit lol

Should of just got up and went back to the huddle or just pushed Ramsey back but i don't know what Ramsey was saying either.

Must of been out of hand as the refs have said it was.

He was just **** this, choke hold mutherfucker! Hilarious
Reply/Quote

If you go to games and see the whole field (not just whats on tv), you see pushing and shoving after almost every play.....especially between WRs and CBs....each trying to establish an edge of intimidation over the other.  Pretty common and rarely ever flagged. 
Reply/Quote
Refs knew shit was going down prior so like I said earlier, AJ gets a pass. It wasnt right, but he gets a pass. Hopefully he carries brass knuckles for the next occasion. Punching a football helmet with your fist is not a very smart idea.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:28 PM)BMK Wrote: If you go to games and see the whole field (not just whats on tv), you see pushing and shoving after almost every play.....especially between WRs and CBs....each trying to establish an edge of intimidation over the other.  Pretty common and rarely ever flagged. 

I get that, but a push that knocks a player down is usually flagged. If it's not, it's usually because the refs didn't see it.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: After the play was over. I'm guessing you think Steelers players like Mike Mitchell, James Harrison and Hines Ward are just hard-nosed football players, too.  Whatever

Oh, I didn't realize that push was reminiscent of after whistle plays by Mitchell, Harrison, or even Burfict.

You're being delusional.

Ramsey didn't target the head, he didn't go low, he didn't throw punches... he shoved AJ a little hard, big whoop.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:33 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Oh, I didn't realize that push was reminiscent of after whistle plays by Mitchell, Harrison, or even Burfict.

You're being delusional.

Ramsey didn't target the head, he didn't go low, he didn't throw punches... he shoved AJ a little hard, big whoop.

Oh, so you only hate certain cheap shots. Got it.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 03:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Refs knew shit was going down prior so like I said earlier, AJ gets a pass. It wasnt right, but he gets a pass. Hopefully he carries brass knuckles for the next occasion. Punching a football helmet with your fist is not a very smart idea.

Brass is too soft, AJ can afford titanium knuckles Cool .
Reply/Quote