Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Takes A Selfie With A Bear.........
And gets MAULED TO DEATH!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Quote:A man was mauled to death by a wounded bear this week when he foolishly tried to take a photograph alongside the apex predator — the third wild animal-related selfie fatality in this region of India in less than a year, according to reports.

The victim, identified by local media as Prabhu Bhatara, was driving a group of people home from a wedding in an SUV when he stopped to relieve himself in a forest area in the eastern Indian state of Odisha on Wednesday evening, the Hindustan Times reported.

Bhatara then spotted an injured bear and for some reason, decided to take a selfie with the creature, according to the report. When the man approached, the bear’s fight instinct immediately kicked in.

“Bhatara died on the spot,” forest ranger Dhanurjaya Mohapatra told the news outlet.

Horrific video of the incident filmed by a bystander shows the bear attacking Bhatara, as terrified witnesses scream.

A stray dog even attempted to go after the bear by barking at it, but Bhatara could not be saved.

Bhatara’s death is Odisha’s third selfie-related fatality since December. A 50-year-old man was crushed to death by a wild elephant while trying to take a selfie with the animal in December, according to local media. Also that month, a youth was crushed to death while taking a selfie, also with an elephant, reports said.

How stupid can you be?! An injured bear is still capable of killing just about any human!

I guess you can't fix stupid!
Reply/Quote
Great to see that a general lack of common sense isn't limited to those living in the U.S.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 09:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great to see that a general lack of common sense isn't limited to those living in the U.S.

Hilarious

I was actually thinking "this looks like one of those dumb YouTube challenges that teens or stupid adults do and it goes on for a month or so before so many people die from it that people realize that it's probably not smart."

Glad to see that the rest of the world is catching up to us in stupidity!
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 09:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious

I was actually thinking "this looks like one of those dumb YouTube challenges that teens or stupid adults do and it goes on for a month or so before so many people die from it that people realize that it's probably not smart."

Glad to see that the rest of the world is catching up to us in stupidity!

The article says his first name was Prabhu, but I really think that was Frank from AT&T customer service..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How stupid can you be?!  

Why don't you tell us Bengals fan?  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The article says his first name was Prabhu, but I really think that was Frank from AT&T customer service..

Why do people want to take selfies with fat elephants? I kinda understand the (watch this, hold my beer moment) bear selfie. But an elephant? Not only will he/she crush you, but when they get up probably bury you in 1/2 ton of shit? What a way to go.

Reply/Quote
Dear lord. Credit the stray dog for trying to help. The 4 people watching and filming should be ashamed of themselves. Do something, one at least threw a rock.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 10:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why do people want to take selfies with fat elephants? I kinda understand the (watch this, hold my beer moment) bear selfie. But an elephant? Not only will he/she crush you, but when they get up probably bury you in 1/2 ton of shit? What a way to go.

The links in the article to the elephant crushings were crazy. What morons.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 10:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The links in the article to the elephant crushings were crazy.  What morons.

We are heartless. People died.  Mellow

Gonna stop praying for all ya all. I need to pray for myself. Then I'll get back to ya!

LOL...

Reply/Quote
Shit, people all worried about getting selfies with Bears and Elephants. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to Survey the land and not get eaten by a group of wild pigs or something..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 11:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Shit, people all worried about getting selfies with Bears and Elephants.  Meanwhile, I'm just trying to Survey the land and not get eaten by a group of wild pigs or something..

Really? I worry about Mosquitos? LOL... Damn tough guys. I hate getting old.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 11:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? I worry about Mosquitos? LOL... Damn tough guys. I hate getting old.

Oh, we deal with mosquitos, but down here the gnats are the worst..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 11:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? I worry about Mosquitos? LOL... Damn tough guys. I hate getting old.

(05-04-2018, 11:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, we deal with mosquitos, but down here the gnats are the worst..

Had a bee infestation in a home we were flipping. Crew didn’t realize it until they knocked open a wall. Man those guys were pissed we opened up their home. Lol
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 12:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Had a bee infestation in a home we were flipping. Crew didn’t realize it until they knocked open a wall. Man those guys were pissed we opened up their home. Lol

[Image: 3479-100-000-killer-bees-attack.jpg]

Reply/Quote
And people still deny evolution. This is a clear example of natural selection.
Reply/Quote
So can we see the selfie?
Reply/Quote
A few years ago I was in Columbus with a friend close to his place. We had just stepped out of a carry out when I saw a man's body slam against the front of a van and tossed straight to the ground in front of the van. At first I thought  he was dead but he began screaming for help. Of about 50 people standing around about half did absolutely nothing but start filming him with their phones laying on the ground in pain. I was quite a ways behind the crowd so I immediately called 911. Turns out it was just outside the city limits so I had to wait for them to transfer the call to I think Whitehall.. Anyway, fire and  rescue were only about three blocks away and arrived within minutes . I was pretty disappointed in all the people willing to do absolutely nothing except take pictures of the poor fellow .
Turns out he lived right next door to my friend. I went by a few weeks later and he was in a wheelchair with two broken legs in relatively good spirits considering what happened to him. Lucky him he was shitface drunk when it happened so he didn't feel the full impact.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wow

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
just need about 2 or 3 billion more of these stupid people to kill themselves off and the earth will be okay again
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 10:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are heartless. People died.  Mellow

Gonna stop praying for all ya all. I need to pray for myself. Then I'll get back to ya!

LOL...

Yeah. As stupid as he was, that was pretty brutal to watch.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote