Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man cave bathroom
My buddy had a similar problem in his garage.  what he did was install a urinal, in the back corner of the garage, with a pipe that ran outside and down into a pit filled with white rock. He dug the "pit" about 4-5-6 foot deep with a post hole digger. added the pipe and filled it up with white rock.  When you take a leak in the urinal, it just drains down into the hole.  On the inside of the garage, to give privacy, he just put up a round shower curtain.  Its pretty much redneck ingenuity at its finest I think.  LOL!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 04:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My buddy had a similar problem in his garage.  what he did was install a urinal, in the back corner of the garage, with a pipe that ran outside and down into a pit filled with white rock. He dug the "pit" about 4-5-6 foot deep with a post hole digger. added the pipe and filled it up with white rock.  When you take a leak in the urinal, it just drains down into the hole.  On the inside of the garage, to give privacy, he just put up a round shower curtain.  Its pretty much redneck ingenuity at its finest I think.  LOL!

.....as long as it works :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 04:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....as long as it works :andy:

I don't think he's had any issues?  He usually hosts our FFL draft, so its only once a year I see the set up.  It always works great that night.  Especially when we are 10-12 rounds deep in the draft and not really caring who we pick up anymore.  :) Not sure how it does in the winter time.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 06:34 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't think he's had any issues?  He usually hosts our FFL draft, so its only once a year I see the set up.  It always works great that night.  Especially when we are 10-12 rounds deep in the draft and not really caring who we pick up anymore.  :) Not sure how it does in the winter time.

From reading your previous post, sounds like he dug it deeper than the frost line, (about 24" in that region?) so there should be no issues with freezing and backing up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 04:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My buddy had a similar problem in his garage.  what he did was install a urinal, in the back corner of the garage, with a pipe that ran outside and down into a pit filled with white rock. He dug the "pit" about 4-5-6 foot deep with a post hole digger. added the pipe and filled it up with white rock.  When you take a leak in the urinal, it just drains down into the hole.  On the inside of the garage, to give privacy, he just put up a round shower curtain.  Its pretty much redneck ingenuity at its finest I think.  LOL!

Seems like that would get pretty stinky, pretty quickly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like that would get pretty stinky, pretty quickly. 

Only if he's living on a bed of hard clay.  If he's on sandy loam, drainage should be excellent.  Just pour an occasional pan of water down the drain to flush.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only if he's living on a bed of hard clay.  If he's on sandy loam, drainage should be excellent.  Just pour an occasional pan of water down the drain to flush.

Or rain. Reminds me of a class I took on the ecosystem.

Reply/Quote

All you need is a funnel a hose and a hole in the wall and you got a urinal lol.   maybe something to hold the funnel in place.

But I wouldn't use it much maybe for friends that weren't allowed in the house
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: All you need is a funnel a hose and a hole in the wall and you got a urinal lol.   maybe something to hold the funnel in place.

My favorite urinal story.

Went to the Preakness and the infield was like one giant frat party.  A group of guys next to us (I am pretty sure they were actually a fraternity) brought in a keg.  They also had a big cardboard box about 4 feet tall.  Looked like something an oven or washing machine would come in.  They just stood in the box to piss.  Pretty disgusting even by my standards.
Reply/Quote

I am actually starting to like this idea. I have enough room in the cave to build a closet and slap a urinal into it, run hose through wall straight into ground. Redneck yes. cheap? Hell yes. I just wonder if I could get into some kind of trouble doing something like that? Environmentally speaking, it's not harmful at all. City ordinance speaking? Jeez, you never know about this kind of thing? I could probably pull this off for less than $200 bucks. However, getting fined by the city or county could negate all savings and cost me who knows what?

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 09:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am actually starting to like this idea. I have enough room in the cave to build a closet and slap a urinal into it, run hose through wall straight into ground. Redneck yes. cheap? Hell yes. I just wonder if I could get into some kind of trouble doing something like that? Environmentally speaking, it's not harmful at all. City ordinance speaking? Jeez, you never know about this kind of thing? I could probably pull this off for less than $200 bucks. However, getting fined by the city or county could negate all savings and cost me who knows what?

Since you are not flushing the urinal with additional water, or including any fecal matter there should not be any problem.

You can get in trouble for running wastewater or sewage onto the surface, but it would take a hell of a lot of pee to form any sort of pool or puddle in your yard.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since you are not flushing the urinal with additional water, or including any fecal matter there should not be any problem.

You can get in trouble for running wastewater or sewage onto the surface, but it would take a hell of a lot of pee to form any sort of pool or puddle in your yard.

I would have to fill an overhead tank to flush or else it would begin to smell like, well, piss!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since you are not flushing the urinal with additional water, or including any fecal matter there should not be any problem.

So technically you could get into trouble for peeing out back behind your garage?  For running wastewater.....?

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: All you need is a funnel a hose and a hole in the wall and you got a urinal lol.   maybe something to hold the funnel in place.

But I wouldn't use it much maybe for friends that weren't allowed in the house

Well, I actually knew a guy that had this set up.  He had a shop that was quite a ways from the house.  The shop backed up to a large ravine.  So, in the winter, he had a nice coal burning stove, and a large funnel with hose in the wall.  It was siliconed into place.  Worked really well in the winter when we were out there tinkering on stuff, or throwing darts and drinking a few.  He kept a jug of some kind of disinfectant that he would pour down it when he left for the evening.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 04:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would have to fill an overhead tank to flush or else it would begin to smell like, well, piss!

(02-20-2018, 06:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, I actually knew a guy that had this set up.  He had a shop that was quite a ways from the house.  The shop backed up to a large ravine.  So, in the winter, he had a nice coal burning stove, and a large funnel with hose in the wall.  It was siliconed into place.  Worked really well in the winter when we were out there tinkering on stuff, or throwing darts and drinking a few.  He kept a jug of some kind of disinfectant that he would pour down it when he left for the evening.

Ya that’s all my friend does too. He just uses a urinal cake and then pours a little toilet bowl cleaner down the pipe. That might be frowned upon by a few authorities, but it beats walking into the house and running into his mean old lady. She doesn’t care for me or anyone for that matter. When she’s been sipping on her flask, she’s been known to chase him around the house with a hot frying pan.....or two. :)

Reply/Quote