Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man cave bathroom
Kinda have a situation and need some ideas. My mancave is detached from the house and is 110ft from the house. Mancave was a 3car garage on a cement slab. I have electricity and propane out there but lacking one serious must have for a mancave. Yep, a pisser. I already have over 10k wrapped up in this project, but feel it will never be complete without a small bathroom built on.

Now, getting permits and all that red tape is something I wish to avoid. I don’t have running water out there and I guess the closest sewage line would be about 80ft. I live in the city limits so I know I can’t just dig a friggen hole and put an outhouse over it. I really want a bathroom out there to complete the project cause a mancave without a pisser just isn’t a mancave.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that 110' from the house makes tying into your residential sewer a bit tough. Getting water out there wouldn't be as much of a problem, so long as you buried it below your frost line. I do know that they make toilets that have a built in pump, that would use force, rather than gravity to get the sewage to your house's line.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sounds like it will be Gatorade bottles for the near future.

Or strolling across the wife's clean floors and getting in trouble.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sounds like you're in need of one of these babies!

[Image: bucket_toilet.JPG]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 12:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sounds like it will be Gatorade bottles for the near future.

Or strolling across the wife's clean floors and getting in trouble.

Kinda what I'm doing now. But can't do that when friends are over. I can go piss outside, but don't do it till after dark since I have houses on both sides. Sucks!

Reply/Quote
https://incinolet.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiA-9rTBRBNEiwAt0Znwy2JxCCzuIrBuaofDLAVV7dndzXJJHg2wcO0CWD1aN46ZByN5aM0FBoCENMQAvD_BwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHrAkBhpl8Y
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 02:37 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: https://incinolet.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiA-9rTBRBNEiwAt0Znwy2JxCCzuIrBuaofDLAVV7dndzXJJHg2wcO0CWD1aN46ZByN5aM0FBoCENMQAvD_BwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHrAkBhpl8Y

WTF?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 02:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTF?

Electric toilet! The future when the present has no water ;-) 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 02:52 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Electric toilet! The future when the present has no water ;-) 

It actually fits my needs to be honest. But a little concerned as well about liners and stuff. 

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 11:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that 110' from the house makes tying into your residential sewer a bit tough.  Getting water out there wouldn't be as much of a problem, so long as you buried it below your frost line.  I do know that they make toilets that have a built in pump, that would use force, rather than gravity to get the sewage to your house's line.

Couldn't he just install a septic tank for waste? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Couldn't he just install a septic tank for waste? 

I actually thought of this, but wonder if the city will go for it?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Couldn't he just install a septic tank for waste? 

(02-04-2018, 03:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I actually thought of this, but wonder if the city will go for it?

Sounds like a lot of applications, permits, expense, and red tape.  

I had the impression HD wanted to avoid having to get the city involved.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds like a lot of applications, permits, expense, and red tape.  

I had the impression HD wanted to avoid having to get the city involved.

Additionally you have to dig up and install a septic field, which is pretty much going to be just as costly and invasive as installing pipe to the sewer line.

I know that engineered above ground septic systems run 10-25k, so I can't see where there is a savings going that route.

Another issue is that you can't put vehicles or heavy equipment on the septic field because it can crush the pipes.  Depending on what Harley's lot is like that could be a potential problem down the road.
Reply/Quote
I have a few options open. My neighbor and good friend has a backhoe and can dig for free. I just have to pay for the diesel and beer.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I had the impression HD wanted to avoid having to get the city involved.

Yes, thats true. There was a permit issued about 8-9yrs ago for this garage that was never finished. I finished it and had new electrical ran inside and out to the house. No inspector and shit. My fear is if I get a permit, this was never inspected. Although I hired it professionally done? It wasn't inspected and I probably should have gotten a permit.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a few options open. My neighbor and good friend has a backhoe and can dig for free. I just have to pay for the diesel and beer.

Honestly, that sound's like a very cost efficient answer to your wish of putting a restroom in the man cave.  I'm guessing that as long as you are only tying into your existing sewer drain, you likely won't have to go through much pain at City Hall.  However, you might want to give "one call" a call, and have any buried utility lines located.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, that sound's like a very cost efficient answer to your wish of putting a restroom in the man cave.  I'm guessing that as long as you are only tying into your existing sewer drain, you likely won't have to go through much pain at City Hall.  However, you might want to give "one call" a call, and have any buried utility lines located.

You dont need permission to tie into the sewage system?

Reply/Quote
Got any room for a small old inexpensive rv/trailer with a bathroom inside?
[Image: giphy.gif]

What about composting toilet?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You dont need permission to tie into the sewage system?

Your home is already tied into the sewage system, at the street.  You're not tampering with the City's system, just adding a "Y" into the line below your home.  I would check on it, but I'm relatively certain that you can do what you want to on your own plumbing.  About the only way a serious issue could arise is if something went drastically awry, and sewage leaked into the ground.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your home is already tied into the sewage system, at the street.  You're not tampering with the City's system, just adding a "Y" into the line below your home.  I would check on it, but I'm relatively certain that you can do what you want to on your own plumbing.  About the only way a serious issue could arise is if something went drastically awry, and sewage leaked into the ground.

Yikes. That would be bad.

Reply/Quote