Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man guarding recruitment center accidentally fires shot
(07-26-2015, 03:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/story/news/local/2015/07/23/armed-volunteer-fires-shot/30574117/

Rolleyes

Apparently the same idiot has been previously cited for a negligent discharge.  I hate gun owners like this idiot, they make us all look bad.  It doesn't take much effort, skill or training to not accidentally fire your weapon, keeping your finger of the damned trigger is a good place to start.
(07-26-2015, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They are not allowed. That is why this civilians felt compelled to do so. To me they should be armed; it is simply a question of open carry versus concealed carry. 

Anywhere a civilian can carry, they should be able to carry.

(07-26-2015, 04:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's my thing, we have seen a lot of concern about a militarized police force, but military personnel being armed in a domestic capacity is in that same direction.

This is a good argument, but if it is limited to their recruitment center, can that not just be considered a military instillation? Then again, some of them may be within strip malls.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 08:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Anywhere a civilian can carry, they should be able to carry.

This is a good argument, but if it is limited to their recruitment center, can that not just be considered a military instillation? Then again, some of them may be within strip malls.

Are they calling for just at the recruitment center, though? Or are they calling for armed recruiters? There is a big difference since recruiters spend most of their time out of the office. I don't necessarily see an issue with a weapons locker in the facility, but at the same time that could defeat the purpose of defense entirely as they would not be immediately accessible. And most recruiting centers I have seen have been in strip malls.
Idiot gun owners continue to make all gun owners look bad, and unfortunately 99% of the gun owners that show up in media reports are complete and total morons.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2015, 07:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Apparently the same idiot has been previously cited for a negligent discharge.  I hate gun owners like this idiot, they make us all look bad.  It doesn't take much effort, skill or training to not accidentally fire your weapon, keeping your finger of the damned trigger is a good place to start.

You'll feel like a real jerk when one of his accidental discharges hits a terrorist that was coming to kill you or your kids or something.
(07-26-2015, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You'll feel like a real jerk when one of his accidental discharges hits a terrorist that was coming to kill you or your kids or something.

So far all he's managed to hit is the deck.  I think radical islamists are safe.
(07-26-2015, 07:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Apparently the same idiot has been previously cited for a negligent discharge.  I hate gun owners like this idiot, they make us all look bad.  It doesn't take much effort, skill or training to not accidentally fire your weapon, keeping your finger of the damned trigger is a good place to start.

I read the link a couple of times and didn't see where he was charged with ND prior to this.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-26-2015, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read the link a couple of times and didn't see where he was charged with ND prior to this.

(07-26-2015, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How many do you suggest it take?
Nately120 Wrote:I got nothing

I was just looking where he had done this in the past. Negligent discharges happen; although we have moved on from calling them accidental discharges. If this guy had one ND I would suggest he be required to attend training, If it happened a 2nd time then he doesn't need to be carrying a firearm.

So I guess the answer to your (my) question is once.

Do you want to answer it?

(07-26-2015, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read the link a couple of times and didn't see where he was charged with ND prior to this.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/23/recruiting-center-shot-fired.html

Quote:Reed was convicted of the same offense in 2013, and was fined $50, court records show.

(07-26-2015, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was just looking where he had done this in the past. Negligent discharges happen; although we have moved on from calling them accidental discharges. If this guy had one ND I would suggest he be required to attend training, If it happened a 2nd time then he doesn't need to be carrying a firearm.

One is too many if a person is in front of the firearm or is shot through a wall.  Any firearm owner should have learned that your finger does not go on the trigger until the weapon is pointed at something you intend to shoot. 
(07-26-2015, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was just looking where he had done this in the past. Negligent discharges happen; although we have moved on from calling them accidental discharges. If this guy had one ND I would suggest he be required to attend training, If it happened a 2nd time then he doesn't need to be carrying a firearm.

So in your world everyone gets one "whoops" discharge with an assault rifle?  Why stop at one?  Heck, his heart is in the right place...I'd rather see 10,000 rubes with assault rifles fire accidental shots that risk a terrorist attack!

But seriously, you want me to thank, not even simply accept people who take it upon themselves to guard the public including, but not limited to, those who accidentally fire shots in random directions? Meh, what a world.
(07-26-2015, 09:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/23/recruiting-center-shot-fired.html

One is too many if a person is in front of the firearm or is shot through a wall.  Any firearm owner should have learned that your finger does not go on the trigger until the weapon is pointed at something you intend to shoot. 

That explains it. A different article from the one you quoted earlier. Believe me I know the hazards of ND. Once in Afghanistan a serviceman just days away from going home was killed by an improperly cleared 240B. WTS part of the clearing procedure for many locations is to point your cleared weapon into a barrel and pull the trigger. 

As I said, this guy no longer should be allowed to handle a firearm. Luckily for those around him, he at least seemed to pay attention to the muzzle awareness part of the training.   

(07-26-2015, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So in your world everyone gets one "whoops" discharge with an assault rifle?  Why stop at one?  Heck, his heart is in the right place...I'd rather see 10,000 rubes with assault rifles fire accidental shots that risk a terrorist attack!

But seriously, you want me to thank, not even simply accept people who take it upon themselves to guard the public including, but not limited to, those who accidentally fire shots in random directions?  Meh, what a world.

I'm sure we can all strive for perfection. Outside of that we got to do the best we can.