Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Man says he was harassed while carrying gun at airport
I have no problem with a law abiding citizen owning and carrying a gun. But even though this guy was not breaking any laws, you kinda have to question his line of thinking. What's the point in carrying that weapon through an airport out in the open? You know damned well that everyone is going to look at you with a suspicious eye and no one will actually want you around. I have no clue why someone feels the need to carry that, but if it's really what he wants, I'm completely cool with him looking like a crazy man....as long as he understands that not many people are going to be accepting of it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-04-2015, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am definitely a 2nd Amendment guy, but I will say this guy appears to be taking it to the extreme, However, he did say something very profound in an interview: "If you don't exercise your rights the government will take them away from you."

The only rights I've heard of government taking away lately are privacy rights due to the war on terror. Of course, people weren't exactly using their privacy rights anyway since they were usually too busy encroaching on other people's privacy rights for personal profit. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-04-2015, 11:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The only rights I've heard of government taking away lately are privacy rights due to the war on terror. Of course, people weren't exactly using their privacy rights anyway since they were usually too busy encroaching on other people's privacy rights for personal profit. Ninja

Yes there is talk of the 4th Amendment. Is there no talk concerning the 2nd Amendment?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-03-2015, 01:27 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I actually never did respond to your other post and I should have because it was correct.  Soldiers in a combat zone live with the concept that they are likely to get shot at that day, therefore it comes as no (much less of a) surprise.  Consequently they are also shot at more often, hence they become accustomed to it.  Also, as you said, they have to conserve ammo because they have to hump it and resupply is never assured.  So yes, the professions are very different.

What you're not seeing in this instance is that criminals are not intimidated by open carry at all.  A person open carrying in a crowd of people will not be targeted just like anyone in a crowd of people would not be targeted.  A person open carrying alone, in a vulnerable position, is more likely to be targeted.  A criminals number one target for theft are firearms.  A person open carrying is essentially the same as a guy with a wad of $100 bills strapped to his forehead.  As xxlt, sarcastically, pointed out open carrying eliminates the element of surprise.  The same element of surprise that a criminal has, even against LEO's on occasion, when they pull a firearm.  Your AR15 slung over your shoulder might as well be in your gun safe when I have a glock 17 pointed at your chest because you didn't know I was armed and I knew you were.

Bottom line, open carrying in no way makes you safer, it demonstrably makes you less safe in situations in which you'd think being armed would cause the opposite and it only intimidates and discomforts the standard citizenry that aren't comfortable with guns in general.

Exactly !
(06-03-2015, 06:10 AM)Bryan Wrote: He was carrying an assault rifle. Why wouldn't the police question him?

What if he had a Remington model 742 in .308 ? Would the police pay him no mind since that's not the dreaded (media hyped) assault rifle ?
(06-04-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 153508060b6bd723a4f0ef1c1909c762d3aa66f5.jpg]

If you go to the airport looking like that and don't think the police will question you then you don't posses the prerequisite judgment to carry a weapon in public. If go to the airport looking like that knowing the police will question you so you can record it, post it to YouTube, and then claim you were harassed because the police asked you some questions then you don't possess the prerequisite judgment to carry a weapon in public.
(06-04-2015, 10:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 153508060b6bd723a4f0ef1c1909c762d3aa66f5.jpg]

I saw that when I clciked the link in the OP. Why a drum magazine? I mean, seriously. That would make me wonder about his intentions, but at the same time would make me chuckle because if he did start something it likely wouldn't last long given how notoriously unreliable those things can be.

Edit: I shouldn't say chuckle, really. Smirk would be more likely.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-05-2015, 07:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw that when I clciked the link in the OP. Why a drum magazine? I mean, seriously. That would make me wonder about his intentions, but at the same time would make me chuckle because if he did start something it likely wouldn't last long given how notoriously unreliable those things can be.

But the drums look cool even though they are a stoppage just waiting to happen. 
(06-05-2015, 07:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw that when I clciked the link in the OP. Why a drum magazine? I mean, seriously. That would make me wonder about his intentions, but at the same time would make me chuckle because if he did start something it likely wouldn't last long given how notoriously unreliable those things can be.

Edit: I shouldn't say chuckle, really. Smirk would be more likely.

(06-05-2015, 08:15 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But the drums look cool even though they are a stoppage just waiting to happen. 

Anything beyond a thirty round mag (which should always be a PMag IMO) just screams douche bag mall ninja. 
So the police are just supposed to assume you're there to exercise your right to open carry, and not a maniac looking to commit mass murder?  And this is exactly how terrorists might test responses.  Clowns like this should prompt swift action to allow and encourage banning of open carry in businesses and govt offices.

Increasingly it seems like politics/protests are a contest for stupid people to outdo each other.
(06-05-2015, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Anything beyond a thirty round mag (which should always be a PMag IMO) just screams douche bag mall ninja. 

The only drum I have any experience with is a wind-up 100 rd. AK mag. I've only shot it a couple times, just a few rounds, and haven't had any trouble yet (lol). But it's very heavy and tough to engage into the receiver - and yes not very practicable.

Back to AR's, I've had real good luck with the Mil-Spec mags Brownells makes. Zero failures in a few hundred rounds. But yes PMags are the shizit !