Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man shouts 'get out of my country' before killing 1 man and injuring 2 at Kansas bar
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-kansas-bar-shooting-20170223-story.html

Quote:Posecutors on Thursday charged a 51-year-old man with murder and attempted murder after they say he opened fire in a crowded suburban Kansas City bar, killing one man and injuring two others, but authorities declined to say whether the attack was racially motivated.

A bartender at Austins Bar and Grill in Oathe, Kan., said Adam Purinton used “racial slurs” before he started shooting Wednesday night as patrons were watching a University of Kansas basketball game on television.

The Kansas City Star, citing witnesses, reported that the suspect uttered racial slurs and yelled “get out of my country” before he opened fire.
[Image: 400x225]
Kansas shooting shocks an Indian city where 'every other house' has someone in America

Srinivas Kuchibhotla, 32, died at a hospital, police said.

Alok Madasani, 32, and Ian Grillot, 24, were hospitalized and are in stable condition, police said.

Witnesses said Grillot had stepped in and tried to stop the shooter. The Linked-in accounts for Kuchibhotla and Madasani say they were engineers working at GPS-maker Garmin, and that they had studied in India.

Bartender Garret Bohnen told the Kansas City Star that Kuchibhotla and Madasani stopped at Austins for a drink once or twice a week.

“From what I understand, when he was throwing racial slurs at the two gentlemen [Kuchibhotla and Madasani], Ian [Grillot] stood up for them,” Bohnen said. “We're all proud of him.”

Olathe Police Chief Steve Menke declined to comment on the reports of racial comments, but said they were working with the FBI “to investigate any and all aspects of this horrific crime.”

Purinton was taken into custody just after midnight Thursday at an Applebee's about 70 miles southeast of Olathe, in Clinton, Mo., authorities said.

Assistant Clinton Police Chief Sonny Lynch said an Applebee's bartender called police because Purinton told him he had been involved in a shooting. The unarmed Purinton was taken into custody and interviewed by detectives from Olathe.

“He mentioned he had been involved in a shooting, and we went out there and picked him up,” Lynch said.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Names sound like 2 Indians and a white guy. Dumbass couldn't even be a dumbass correctly.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I guess the POTUS as too busy to tweet about this.

Whatever
(02-25-2017, 12:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess the POTUS as too busy to tweet about this.

Whatever

I would urge all radical Christian terrorists out there to familiarize themselves with SouthWest and South Asian culture so that they stop killing Hindu's and Sikhs whenever they are out to get a "real" terrorist.

Some might argue that Hindus are still foreigners and in our country, either living off welfare or taking our jobs, so no harm done.

But what is the point of murdering Hindus while our country is being overwhelmed by secret Muslims imposing Sharia law on us?

Time for radical Christian terrorists to enroll in Multiculturalism 101 at the nearest Community College.   

I know it is a waste of time to learn about anywhere else in the world when America is #1, but you must know your targets if you are murdering to save our country!
(02-25-2017, 01:39 PM)Dill Wrote: I would urge all radical Christian terrorists out there to familiarize themselves with SouthWest and South Asian culture so that they stop killing Hindu's and Sikhs whenever they are out to get a "real" terrorist.

Some might argue that Hindus are still foreigners and in our country, either living off welfare or taking our jobs, so no harm done.

But what is the point of murdering Hindus while our country is being overwhelmed by secret Muslims imposing Sharia law on us?

Time for radical Christian terrorists to enroll in Multiculturalism 101 at the nearest Community College.   

I know it is a waste of time to learn about anywhere else in the world when America is #1, but you must know your targets if you are murdering to save our country!

The president won't even say it....

Say it!!!! Say "radical Christian terrorists"!!!!

Say it!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(02-25-2017, 01:39 PM)Dill Wrote: I would urge all radical Christian terrorists out there to familiarize themselves with SouthWest and South Asian culture so that they stop killing Hindu's and Sikhs whenever they are out to get a "real" terrorist.

(02-25-2017, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: The president won't even say it....

Say it!!!!!
I missed the part in the OP that stated dude shot the in the name of Christianity.Do you have that part of the story you can share or are you just making it up?

As to the actual content of the OP. It appears hatred has claimed another victim and the man should pay dearly for his crimes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-25-2017, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: The president won't even say it....

Say it!!!!!

Easy Jason, all radical Christian terrorists are Christian, but not all Christians are terrorists! Hilarious

Still, I would support a ban on Christian immigration to the US until the government can figure out what the hell is going on!
Not even  a kind word for the victims.

Sad.
(02-25-2017, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not even  a kind word for the victims.

Sad.

I agree Jason and Dill were callus in their comments and the OP didn't even have any words for the victims.

Fortunately we are not all so aloof as I recognized the poor man as a victim of hate.

(02-25-2017, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I missed the part in the OP that stated dude shot the in the name of Christianity.Do you have that part of the story you can share or are you just making it up?

He killed for his country. 

Shocked   :paul: Are you trying to say the U.S. is NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION!!!! Shocked   :paul:
(02-25-2017, 02:19 PM)Dill Wrote: He killed for his country. 

Shocked   :paul: Are you trying to say the U.S. is NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION!!!! Shocked   :paul:

I'll repeat the question: Do you have a link where this man claimed he killed another in the name of a religion or are you just making it up?

(02-25-2017, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not even  a kind word for the victims.

Sad.

Empathy for the victims is certainly important. But reading the response of the victims family got me rather angry. http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-india-kansas-shooting-20170224-story.html

So some of us think decrying Trump's double standard also very important--and any sense the act was the random effect of some vague and generalized "hate" as opposed to the ongoing, orchestrated hatred of non-European foreigners. 
(02-25-2017, 02:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll repeat the question: Do you have a link where this man claimed he killed another in the name of a religion or are you just making it up?

There are no "claims" in my post at all.

What you need is a link to a definition of parody.
https://prezi.com/9ftl_txwhkrv/irony-parody-and-satire-lesson/
(02-25-2017, 02:32 PM)Dill Wrote: There is no "claim" in my post at all.

What you need is a link to a definition of parody.
https://prezi.com/9ftl_txwhkrv/irony-parody-and-satire-lesson/

Of course there was a claim. If you don't want to own it that speaks to your integrity, not my lack of understanding definitions.

Folks often use parady to support a claim they have made.

Luckily he had time to speak out against the violence in Chicago.

Maybe he's going to get to Kansas right after Quebec as soon as he's done with Chicago?
(02-25-2017, 02:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Luckily he had time to speak out against the violence in Chicago.

Maybe he's going to get to Kansas right after Quebec as soon as he's done with Chicago?

GMDino Wrote:Not even  a kind word for the victims.

Sad.

Edit to share your response since it was all quotes and none of your own words/ideas:

[Image: 022517.jpg]

Exactly.

Nothing from the POTUS.

I'm sure you feel as upset about this as the rest of us given your past posts about the former POTUS and his lack of compassion for some victims while speaking out about others.
(02-25-2017, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course there was a claim. If you don't want to own it that speaks to your integrity, not my lack of understanding definitions.

Folks often use parady to support a claim they have made.

Sorry Bfine but you are having some difficulty with definitions here.

I make a post parodying the right-wing rush to judgment and generalization of responsibility to all members of a class, which follows commonly follows terror attacks. http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/before-authorities-announce-cause-of-plane-crash-trump-tweets-terrorism/ 

Someone who "got" the parody would see instantly that I am flipping the right wing shibboleths that "all Muslims are not terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" and "liberals are afraid to say radical Islamic terrorism."  I suppose there is an implicit claim that right wingers do that.

But you say it "speaks to my integrity" if I don't then produce "evidence" for a parody of people generalizing without evidence, thereby mistaking figural speech for literal.  

This sudden and selective interest in "integrity" from a Trump defender is surprising.  Wait. No it's not.

(02-25-2017, 03:35 PM)Dill Wrote: Sorry Bfine but you are having some difficulty with definitions here.

I make a post parodying the right-wing rush to judgment and generalization of responsibility to all members of a class, which follows commonly follows terror attacks. http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/before-authorities-announce-cause-of-plane-crash-trump-tweets-terrorism/ 

Someone who "got" the parody would see instantly that I am flipping the right wing shibboleths that "all Muslims are not terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims" and "liberals are afraid to say radical Islamic terrorism."  I suppose there is an implicit claim that right wingers do that.

But you say it "speaks to my integrity" if I don't then produce "evidence" for a parody of people generalizing without evidence, thereby mistaking figural speech for literal.  

This sudden and selective interest in "integrity" from a Trump defender is surprising.  Wait. No it's not.

Believe me, my interest in integrity has not been sudden; nor is it selective. The intent of your attempt at parody was clear as was my questioning the criteria for this parody. Thankfully you have shared the true intent of your post: you place yourself on equal footing with "right wing shibboleths" and had no facts to support your claim that this was motivated by any religion. 

(02-25-2017, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Believe me, my interest in integrity has not been sudden; nor is it selective. The intent of your attempt at parody was clear as was my questioning the criteria for this parody. Thankfully you have shared the true intent of your post: you place yourself on equal footing with "right wing shibboleths" and had no facts to support your claim that this was motivated by any religion. 

[Image: 27bd8df3638e30f212c26a59f9f43944.jpg]