Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man using strips in front of girls
(02-23-2016, 10:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey guys, the man in question never identified as transgender.  Only claimed that the laws protected him. 

Maybe if enough straight, non-transgender morons expose themselves to women in a self-righteous fashion we'll FINALLY see how dangerous those transgendered folk are!  Oh, who am I to judge?  This man has probably been acting like a woman his whole life.  A quick look at his facebook page should determine that, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-23-2016, 10:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey guys, the man in question never identified as transgender.  Only claimed that the laws protected him. 

According to the law itself, he would have to identify as a woman in order for him to be protected by it. If he believes he doesn't, he is incorrect. 

That gets into the question of what constitutes gender identity. Can a dude act and dress like a dude and say he is really a woman? I guess that's for the courts to decide if he sues the facility. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-23-2016, 10:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know he's not a transgender? 

Just reporting what the news said....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-23-2016, 11:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: According to the law itself, he would have to identify as a woman in order for him to be protected by it. If he believes he doesn't, he is incorrect. 

That gets into the question of what constitutes gender identity. Can a dude act and dress like a dude and say he is really a woman? I guess that's for the courts to decide if he sues the facility. 

True.  I suppose we are going to have to devise a task-force to see which people are actually transgendered and which are just straight people who are sex-offenders looking to take advantage of a loophole.  Thankfully, getting funding to investigate and prosecute sex-offenders usually has a lot of support.
(02-23-2016, 11:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just reporting what the news said....

Oh, I did see where folks said he didn't "appear" to be a transgender. They are most likely just filled with ignorant stereotypes. But it's enough for some to run with. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-23-2016, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True.  I suppose we are going to have to devise a task-force to see which people are actually transgendered and which are just straight people who are sex-offenders looking to take advantage of a loophole.  Thankfully, getting funding to investigate and prosecute sex-offenders usually has a lot of support.

You do realize Transgenders can be straight don't you? For instance Caitlyn Jenner is a transgender that is sexually attracted to women. Which facility should she use?

(02-23-2016, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I did see where folks said he didn't "appear" to be a transgender. They are most likely just filled with ignorant stereotypes. But it's enough for some to run with. 

How does an expert like you who is not burdened by "ignorant" stereotypes identify a transgender person?

Doesn't a male who identifies as a woman generally identify as a woman in some way?
(02-23-2016, 11:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How does an expert like you who is not burdened by "ignorant" stereotypes identify a transgender person?

Doesn't a male who identifies as a woman generally identify as a woman in some way?

Decoder ring
(02-23-2016, 11:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How does an expert like you who is not burdened by "ignorant" stereotypes identify a transgender person?

Question 1: I have no idea Dino; I'm not an expert on such things. 

Question 2: What?

(02-23-2016, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize Transgenders can be straight don't you? For instance Caitlyn Jenner is a transgender that is sexually attracted to women. Which facility should she use?

What, do I have to solve a quiz to justify every rule or just this one?
(02-23-2016, 11:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What, do I have to solve a quiz to justify every rule or just this one?

Experience has shown you are not good with giving straight (you know "non-transgender") answers to questions. So looking to you to solve a quiz would be a waste of time.  

(02-23-2016, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Experience has shown you are not good with giving straight (you know "non-transgender") answers to questions. So looking to you to solve a quiz would be a waste of time.  

I fully admit to not having a nice simple answer to this dilemma other than situations where men declare themselves "women" out of the blue and then expose themselves, or sexually harass women should be investigated.

I'm here to debate the surprisingly high number of people who think allowing this would create a parade of sex offenders getting off scott-free.
(02-23-2016, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I did see where folks said he didn't "appear" to be a transgender. They are most likely just filled with ignorant stereotypes. But it's enough for some to run with. 

Actually the operators of the facility said:

Quote:Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman, yet he still cited a new rule 

(02-23-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question 1: I have no idea Dino; I'm not an expert on such things. 

But enough about me....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-23-2016, 11:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually the operators of the facility said:

But enough about me....

It sounds like a guy went in there and claimed to be a woman to either get his kicks OR "prove" that allowing transgendered folks into a locker room is a bad idea.  It's like someone hating guns and grabbing one and going on a shooting spree to "prove" people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Anyways, this guy sounds like a sex offender.  Get Chris Hansen to talk to him.
(02-23-2016, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question 1: I have no idea Dino; I'm not an expert on such things. 

Why you running away from my question?

How does an expert like you with no "ignorant stereotypes" identify a transgender person?
(02-24-2016, 12:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why you running away from my question?

How does an expert like you with no "ignorant stereotypes" identify a transgender person?

Who the hell ran from your question? I stated I am not expert on determining the difference. In a shower facility I suppose it could be quite easy (well maybe not in your case); however, as a passerby I have no idea. 

If you were referring to "running" from the second question. What do you mean "Doesn't a male who identifies as a woman generally identify as a woman in some way?"

Do you mean they show a penis and a purse?
Do you mean he/she goes up to the counter and state: "I'm a transgender."?
Do you mean they watch football while shaving their legs?
Do yo mean they show their man card while dressed up as a woman?

I seriously have no idea what you are asking with that question

(02-23-2016, 11:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It sounds like a guy went in there and claimed to be a woman to either get his kicks OR "prove" that allowing transgendered folks into a locker room is a bad idea.  It's like someone hating guns and grabbing one and going on a shooting spree to "prove" people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.

Anyways, this guy sounds like a sex offender.  Get Chris Hansen to talk to him.

The article, or the quote from the facility never said that he claimed to be a woman.  In fact the quote from the facility specifically stated that he did not make any attempt to "identify" as female or transgender.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-24-2016, 12:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The article, or the quote from the facility never said that he claimed to be a woman.  In fact the quote from the facility specifically stated that he did not make any attempt to "identify" as female or transgender.

....and this is where it really starts to get stupid. You can't blur the lines and then state he/she didn't fall in line.

What if he were a man that identifies as a woman that likes to cross-dress as a man? 

To me it's quite simple concerning changing and shower facilities such as these. You got an outie, you go to the little boy's pee-pee. You got an innie you go to the little girl's pee-pee. 

Bathroom only facilities can get more complicated.  

I see what this guy is trying to do, but can't help but notice that he reveals his own sexual identity in the process.

While he is obviously not transgender, (in spite of how clever he thinks he is being) he is what you would call……a pedophile.
(02-24-2016, 12:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ....and this is where it really starts to get stupid. You can't blur the lines and then state he/she didn't fall in line.

What if he were a man that identifies as a woman that likes to cross-dress as a man? 

To me it's quite simple concerning changing and shower facilities such as these. You got an outie, you go to the little boy's pee-pee. You got an innie you go to the little girl's pee-pee. 

Bathroom only facilities can get more complicated.  

Yeah, this whole thing is starting to take on a Victor, Victoria kind of feel..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23