Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man wins gender discrimination lawsuit
(03-22-2018, 03:32 PM)Griever Wrote: but you literally said something completely different

sexuality doesnt suddenly make them not good enough to work a said job. That is just your own ignorance that makes you think that

It matters when you develop a culture in your office. I personally do not want an employee prancing around like a fairy so I should be able to dismiss an applicant on those grounds.

Now if they are a superior applicant then I have to decide what is more important.....my work culture or the bottom line. Either way, it’s my decision.
(03-22-2018, 03:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It matters when you develop a culture in your office.   I personally do not want an employee prancing around like a fairy so I should be able to dismiss an applicant on those grounds.  

Now if they are a superior applicant then I have to decide what is more important.....my work culture or the bottom line.  Either way, it’s my decision.

I have worked quite a few jobs in a few differing industries and I have literally never seen an employee "prancing around like a fairy". 
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-22-2018, 04:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have worked quite a few jobs in a few differing industries and I have literally never seen an employee "prancing around like a fairy". 

On a side note, I'm straight but I once walked into the office whilst singing "Hopelessly Devoted to You." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-22-2018, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On a side note, I'm straight but I once walked into the office whilst singing "Hopelessly Devoted to You." 

Shit I've secretly always kinda liked that song.  Better break it to the wife.  Not that not having sex with women anymore will alter things much.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-22-2018, 03:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It matters when you develop a culture in your office.   I personally do not want an employee prancing around like a fairy so I should be able to dismiss an applicant on those grounds.  

Now if they are a superior applicant then I have to decide what is more important.....my work culture or the bottom line.  Either way, it’s my decision.

For all of you that have wrongly used the term in the past:

The quoted post is homophobic in nature. 

Please take note. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-22-2018, 01:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Correct.  Employers should be able to hire as they wish.  Which is exactly what I have always said.  

Every employer should discriminate against anyone who they feel isn’t right for their business.

Sorry, but we do not allow discrimination based only on skin color here in the United States.  This country believes that people should not have their freedoms limited based on the color of their skin.

We tried it and it had horrific consequences.  An entire race of people were reduced to second class citizens based only on the color of their skin.
(03-22-2018, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For all of you that have wrongly used the term in the past:

The quoted post is homophobic in nature. 

Please take note. 

Not to mention that fairies don't prance; horses do. Mellow
(03-22-2018, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but we do not allow discrimination based only on skin color here in the United States.  This country believes that people should not have their freedoms limited based on the color of their skin.

We tried it and it had horrific consequences.  An entire race of people were reduced to second class citizens based only on the color of their skin.

Gotta go with Fred on this one. Theoretically I think a business owner should have the right to hire whomever for whatever reason, but you can’t have an entire group just left out in the cold.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-22-2018, 04:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have worked quite a few jobs in a few differing industries and I have literally never seen an employee "prancing around like a fairy". 

Being some gay can be an asset. Too much gay is not an asset. Which is my point. But this also goes for any Demeanor. Gay was just the example asked.
(03-22-2018, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but we do not allow discrimination based only on skin color here in the United States.  This country believes that people should not have their freedoms limited based on the color of their skin.

(03-22-2018, 06:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Gotta go with Fred on this one. Theoretically I think a business owner should have the right to hire whomever for whatever reason, but you can’t have an entire group just left out in the cold.

So you guys do not feel we have enough businesses that accommodate for some choosing to not hire someone?
(03-22-2018, 06:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you guys do not feel we have enough businesses that accommodate for some choosing to not hire someone?

History shows us no. I’m sure there are plenty of small businesses that discriminate on all sorts of basis, but you can’t have it wholesale

(03-22-2018, 06:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you guys do not feel we have enough businesses that accommodate for some choosing to not hire someone?

No.  Not at all.

And I have some history lessons that prove I am right.
(03-22-2018, 06:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being some gay can be an asset.  Too much gay is not an asset.    Which is my point.  But this also goes for any Demeanor.   Gay was just the example asked.

I see.  Just asking for a friend, but how many Streisand albums can one own to be considered an asset, but not too gay for your organization?
(03-22-2018, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see.  Just asking for a friend, but how many Streisand albums can one own to be considered an asset, but not too gay for your organization?

Zero. Same for Liza.

(03-22-2018, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see.  Just asking for a friend, but how many Streisand albums can one own to be considered an asset, but not too gay for your organization?

(03-22-2018, 09:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Zero. Same for Liza.

Depends on how many Bette Mildler’s. No more than 8 total lol
(03-22-2018, 06:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: History shows us no. I’m sure there are plenty of small businesses that discriminate on all sorts of basis, but you can’t have it wholesale

(03-22-2018, 07:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Not at all.

And I have some history lessons that prove I am right.

Honestly I do not know where anyone would be left without wholesale. There are plenty of business in this country.

Back in the 60’s-70’s and even 80’s yes you are correct but these days I do not see it. Maybe in some small town, but honestly why would you be there if you fell into a group who could be discriminated? I am certainly not moving to or trying to find work in Dearborn Michigan.

When you discrimminate you honestly hurt your business. Using me as an example, I don’t want anyone prancing around but there is no way I wouldn’t hire any gays. They are great for business. I always try and have a nice variety of staff. It’s not the United Nations or anything but I am not afraid of diversity. I must have someone who speaks Spanish/Portuguese and French.

aka the "Good Ol Days"
People suck
(03-22-2018, 06:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being some gay can be an asset.  Too much gay is not an asset.    Which is my point.  But this also goes for any Demeanor.   Gay was just the example asked.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't think so. Unless guys are butt-effing in the cubicle next you, someone being "too gay" matters not at all to businesses. 
(03-23-2018, 04:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't think so. Unless guys are butt-effing in the cubicle next you, someone being "too gay" matters not at all to businesses. 

In sales it does. Especially in this area.
(03-23-2018, 04:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In sales it does.  Especially in this area.

yeah no it doesnt dude

just come out and say you hate gays, and stop prancing around the issue
People suck