Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manafort and Gates Charged
(11-01-2017, 08:06 AM)Vlad Wrote: Papadopoulos just another nothingburger.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453264/donald-trump-george-papadopoulos-indictment-exculpatory-trump

But continue to be pulled along by the nose by the msm who are coming to the realization that they aren't even close to where they want to be, but wont tell you that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4cXq-8oNGM

Is that four or five nothingburgers in legal trouble now now? Two campaign managers dealing with Russians offering dirt on Hillary should clear Trump pretty soon.  

Hannity is sure this is a distraction from the REAL issue now, which how Hillary and Obama sold 20% of US Uranium to the Russians.

He wants Mueller OUT OF THERE since he has compromised himself by  . . . . not sure exactly but he was supposed to prosecute Hillary back then and didn't. So he is suspect now for not finding evidence of wrongdoing.  But I think until innuendo becomes evidence, the Clintons will keep getting off the hook. 

Judge Jeanine Pirro said it--this the perfect time to STOP THE WHOLE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION and Lock Hillary up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_X0_759smo   at 00:39.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-01-2017, 11:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/23009/muellers-team-might-have-violated-manaforts-ryan-saavedra

What is wrong with Mueller.   Violated Manafort’s constitutional rights.   What a clown.

The link says "might".

Since I won't give that site the revenue by clicking on it what is their reasoning?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-01-2017, 11:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/23009/muellers-team-might-have-violated-manaforts-ryan-saavedra

What is wrong with Mueller.   Violated Manafort’s constitutional rights.   What a clown.

Sometimes people forget that money laundering is a white collar crime and not all that bad.  

Same for lying to investigators.

Too soon for a rousing Fox cheer if Trump's campaign chairman gets off,

but maybe . . . just maybe . . . .

What is wrong with Mueller. Violated Manafort’s constitutional rights. What a clown.

Potentially. Could be agents didn't know when they were seizing the information, could be Mueller and his team weren't notified ahead of time. Good effort, though. You went further than even the Daily Wire in your jumping to conclusions. You might MAGA, yet. ThumbsUp
(11-01-2017, 11:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Potentially. Could be agents didn't know when they were seizing the information, could be Mueller and his team weren't notified ahead of time. Good effort, though. You went further than even the Daily Wire in your jumping to conclusions. You might MAGA, yet. ThumbsUp

This isn’t some investigation into a liquor store robbery. This is a pretty big for agents to not know what is going on.... those details are on Mueller.

You do realize that dailywire hammers trump pretty consistently when warranted. Maybe you should read the stories before just making the lazy call of dismissing it all together.
(11-01-2017, 11:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This isn’t some investigation into a liquor store robbery. This is a pretty big for agents to not know what is going on.... those details are on Mueller.

You do realize that dailywire hammers trump pretty consistently when warranted. Maybe you should read the stories before just making the lazy call of dismissing it all together.

If they weren't told what was going on by the attorney, which is something that would have had to have happened according to the Daily Wire article, then how were they to have known? Even the Daily Wire article doesn't claim that happened in it.

I do read the stories, and just because they hammer Trump doesn't mean they aren't a terrible "news" source. There are some decent openly slanted news sources on both sides that do a good job in their reporting and have opinion pieces that don't make me want to give myself a lobotomy because that is the only way I could bring myself down to their level, the Daily Wire is not among them. I've said plenty, I follow multiple conservative sources on social media and online, but I have a high standard for what I actually use for news and an overblown blog isn't going to make the cut.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-campaign-adviser-pleaded-guilty-to-lying-about-russian-contacts/2017/10/30/d525e712-bd7d-11e7-97d9-bdab5a0ab381_story.html?utm_term=.a5747824d9bd

Quote:Several weeks after Donald Trump secured the Republican presidential nomination, his national campaign co-chairman urged a foreign policy adviser to meet with Russian officials to foster ties with that country’s government.

“Make the trip, if it is feasible,” Sam Clovis wrote in an August email to George Papadopoulos.

The email, included in court papers unsealed Monday, shows how an otherwise low-profile adviser has become a focus of the federal probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

Papadopoulos was in contact with several senior Trump campaign aides about his efforts to broker a relationship between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, the court papers show. In addition to Clovis, who now serves as senior White House adviser to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Papadopoulos wrote to campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and campaign chairman Paul Manafort, the newly released documents show.

The campaign officials are not identified in court documents, but some of the emails cited by federal prosecutors match messages described in August to The Washington Post by people familiar with their contents.

The newly released documents show that while senior Trump officials at times rebuffed or ignored Papadopoulos, they were well aware of his efforts, which went on for months. His interactions with them could complicate the White House’s attempts to distance the president from Papadopoulos, who pleaded guilty Oct. 5 to lying to federal agents.

[Trump campaign emails show aide’s repeated efforts to set up Russia meetings]

Trump himself knew of Papadopoulos’s claims that he had a pipeline to Moscow: During a March 2016 meeting of the campaign’s national security advisers in Washington that Trump attended, Papadopoulos said he had connections that could help arrange a meeting between the then-candidate and Putin.

On Monday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said she was “not sure that the president recalls specific details of the meeting,” calling it “brief.” She described Papadopoulos’s role with the campaign as “extremely limited.”
In a statement, Clovis’s attorney Victoria Toensing said Clovis, a radio host from Iowa who was one of Trump’s earliest supporters, “always vigorously opposed any Russian trip for Donald Trump and/or the campaign.”

She said Clovis was “being polite” when he encouraged Papadopoulos to meet with Russian officials in August, adding that the campaign had a “strict rule that no person could travel abroad as a representative of the campaign.” Clovis could not stop an American citizen from traveling abroad “in his personal capacity,” she said.

As an aside:

I'm torn on the Trump roll in this.  I think he's the kind of "leader" who really has zero idea what is going on around him.  that's the grunt work while he takes the glory, spreads the blame.

Is it worse that he doesn't know anything or if he knew and let it happen?  Not legally worse.  Just worse for him as a candidate and POTUS, I mean.
(11-01-2017, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-campaign-adviser-pleaded-guilty-to-lying-about-russian-contacts/2017/10/30/d525e712-bd7d-11e7-97d9-bdab5a0ab381_story.html?utm_term=.a5747824d9bd

As an aside:

I'm torn on the Trump roll in this.  I think he's the kind of "leader" who really has zero idea what is going on around him.  that's the grunt work while he takes the glory, spreads the blame.

Is it worse that he doesn't know anything or if he knew and let it happen?  Not legally worse.  Just worse for him as a candidate and POTUS, I mean.

You are for the most part right on the money, but given the circle of sycophants he has constructed around himself, I cannot believe that multiple eager-for-praise-and-recognition campaign operators did not did not buttonhole him multiple times with some unofficial "wink wink here's what we're working on behind the scenes" discussion about Russian offers and contacts.

In the foreign policy field for sure he was having difficulty getting real players and reaching for less competents looking for recognition and a chance to be players if Trump won.
(11-01-2017, 01:10 PM)Dill Wrote: You are for the most part right on the money, but given the circle of sycophants he has constructed around himself, I cannot believe that multiple eager-for-praise-and-recognition campaign operators did not did not buttonhole him multiple times with some unofficial "wink wink here's what we're working on behind the scenes" discussion about Russian offers and contacts.

In the foreign policy field for sure he was having difficulty getting real players and reaching for less competents looking for recognition and a chance to be players if Trump won.

Which also plays into Trump saying he was "an excellent guy".  Because in Trump's mind since he wanted to work for Trump he had to be excellent.  Right?
The spin and cover continues....

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/31/trump-robert-mueller-indictments-response-244361

Quote:White House wants credit for Papadopoulos arrest
Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed that Mueller’s probe brought down Papadopoulos only because of White House cooperation.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
The White House on Tuesday sought to take credit for the arrest of a former Trump campaign aide who had repeated contacts with Russia-linked officials offering “dirt” on Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton — marking the latest damage control move as the Russia probe intensifies.

President Donald Trump and other White House allies had so far sought to downplay the role of George Papadopoulos, a campaign foreign policy adviser, whose plea deal was made public by special counsel Robert Mueller on Monday, the same day that two top Trump campaign officials were indicted on charges unrelated to the campaign.

Trump derided Papadopoulos on Tuesday morning as a “liar,” while former campaign aide Michael Caputo dismissed him as “the coffee boy.”
Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders went further Tuesday afternoon, claiming the White House and the campaign deserved credit for helping Mueller’s team build its case that Papadopoulos had lied to the FBI about his contacts.

“Papadopoulos is an example of actually somebody doing the wrong thing while the president's campaign did the right thing,” Sanders said. “All of his emails were voluntarily provided to the special counsel by the campaign, and that is what led to the process and the place that we’re in right now is the campaign fully cooperating and helping with that. What Papadopoulos did was lie, and that’s on him and not on the campaign, and we can’t speak to that.”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment about when the documents in question had been turned over. Papadopoulos was initially interviewed as part of the FBI’s probe into Russian election meddling on Jan. 27. He was arrested in July.

The Washington Post reported that Trump’s campaign handed over emails implicating Papadopoulos to the special counsel in August — after he had already been arrested.

Court documents indicate that Papadopoulos has been a cooperative witness as part of the special counsel’s probe.

Sanders on Tuesday also defended other campaign officials who interacted with Papadopoulos, including by claiming that one official — who has been identified in news reports as campaign aide Sam Clovis — did not encourage Papadopoulos to travel to Russia.

“My understanding is there wasn’t encouragement,” Sanders said.

But according to the plea deal, the official who has been identified as Clovis wrote, “I would encourage you … [to] make the trip … if it is feasible.”

The obfuscation was part of a broader push on Tuesday against new questions raised by Mueller’s revelation on Monday of charges against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, another campaign aide, including money laundering and other crimes related to the pair’s relationship with pro-Russian politicians in Ukraine.

Trump on Tuesday morning cast the Manafort charges as a vindication, of sorts, for the campaign. He also belittled Papadopoulos, despite having called him “an excellent guy” to The Washington Post editorial board in March 2016.

“The Fake News is working overtime. As Paul Manaforts [sic] lawyer said, there was 'no collusion' and events mentioned took place long before he came to the campaign,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named George, who has already proven to be a liar. Check the DEMS!”
(11-01-2017, 11:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If they weren't told what was going on by the attorney, which is something that would have had to have happened according to the Daily Wire article, then how were they to have known? Even the Daily Wire article doesn't claim that happened in it.

I do read the stories, and just because they hammer Trump doesn't mean they aren't a terrible "news" source. There are some decent openly slanted news sources on both sides that do a good job in their reporting and have opinion pieces that don't make me want to give myself a lobotomy because that is the only way I could bring myself down to their level, the Daily Wire is not among them. I've said plenty, I follow multiple conservative sources on social media and online, but I have a high standard for what I actually use for news and an overblown blog isn't going to make the cut.

I would love to know what you deem a conservative source. My guess is that it’s pretty progressive.
(11-01-2017, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love to know what you deem a conservative source. My guess is that it’s pretty progressive.

You mean like National Review, The Weekly Standard, The Federalist, or American Conservative?
(11-01-2017, 02:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You mean like National Review, The Weekly Standard, The Federalist, or American Conservative?

Some progressive outlets you have there.... federalist is good.
(11-01-2017, 02:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Some progressive outlets you have there.... federalist is good.

I only follow Federalist because Sean Davis is a whacko and it's hilarious. And yeah, non of those are progressive. They are conservative outlets. You view is skewed if you think those are progressive. The people with those publications are the people able to have real discussions that are evidence and logic based about the political topics of today, but they are conservative through and through.
(11-01-2017, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I only follow Federalist because Sean Davis is a whacko and it's hilarious. And yeah, non of those are progressive. They are conservative outlets. You view is skewed if you think those are progressive. The people with those publications are the people able to have real discussions that are evidence and logic based about the political topics of today, but they are conservative through and through.

That gave you away, Bels. You are reading RINOs, not real conservatives!  They are as much defenders of the OBama Deep state as the Nation and MSNBC.
Hi. Anybody know if Donald Drumph jr. ever adopted that kid that he was talking to the Russians about?
Why won't Drumph release his tax returns? Can Mueller make him do it? This might clear a lot of things up.
Three passports? Fake names and burner phones? Secret money from foreign governments?

Someone should have done some extreme vetting of their campaign chair.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-01-2017, 07:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Three passports? Fake names and burner phones? Secret money from foreign governments?

Someone should have done some extreme vetting of their campaign chair.

It's quite obvious that the Trump campaign, ostracized by the establishment as it was, was desperate to take anyone.  That doesn't lead to smart decisions.
(11-01-2017, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I only follow Federalist because Sean Davis is a whacko and it's hilarious. And yeah, non of those are progressive. They are conservative outlets. You view is skewed if you think those are progressive. The people with those publications are the people able to have real discussions that are evidence and logic based about the political topics of today, but they are conservative through and through.

Establishment GOP are nothing but progressives. They are why we had Bush, McCain, and Romney.